Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Fucking Yankees
    #11673745 -

They're going to be even better in 2010, and they managed to save money while making themselves better. Granderson in centerfield and Nick Johnson at DH, perfect moves. I hate them, but they might just be unstoppable next season. I dare say their 2010 offense might be one the best of all time.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Edited by robbyberto (12/18/09 08:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11674246 -

I don't know that their offense got any better but their defense certainly did.  And they are saving money this year so they can take big shots in 2010 when the free agent class will be vastly better than it is now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11674310 -

I definitely think their offense got better. Johnson is an OBP machine, and I expect Granderson to be much better in 2010. He hit pretty well last year actually, just a little bad luck. If only they would figure out how much better Brett Gardner is than Melky Cabrera. Garnder would be the best defensive LF in the game.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11674528 -

OBP isn't the only offensive stat that matters and Gardner isn't the hitter Melky is.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11674558 -

It is the most important one, however. They're about equally as poor offensively, but Gardner plays ridiculous defense.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11674865 -

I think Melky is a decidedly better hitter than Gardner.  Much more pop.  He's also younger.  And then there is the fact that Gardner is probably one of the five fastest men in the game.  I like them both but I was use Melky regularly and Gardner off the bench for PR and late defense.  How about this for an outfield at the end of a tight game:

Gardner/Granderson in LF/CF and Melky in right.  Not much gonna fall in there.  I can see it now.  Tie game, Swisher (or Johnson) draws a walk, Gardner runs, twice, scores and goes into the field for the ninth. 
Bwahahahaha.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11675450 -

I just prefer Gardner. OBP, BA, look like a draw between the two. The differences are in speed and power. IMO, 50 steals has a greater impact on the Yankees line-up than 15 home runs.  I think they're closer offensively than you think when you factor in stolen bases, base running, etc, and there is no question regarding Gardner's fielding, as you said he's one of the fastest players in the game.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11675645 -

Steals?  Gardner and Melky have a similar success rate, both at a level that is productive, marginally. 

I prefer to use the threat of a stolen base situationally, i.e. late in close games.  A caught stealing is a very bad thing.  Very harmful.  Gardner, though incredibly fast, is no Ricky.  There is no Ricky anymore.  The man was positively scientific about it.  The Yanks should bring him in for a little seminar like the Mets did. 

Melky has much more pop in his bat and is, as I said, younger and with far more potential than Gardner.  I would not fuck with his playing time unless he started to pull a 2008 Cano.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11697665 -

Haha. The fucking Braves traded Vazquez for Melky Cabrera. I was really hoping they would keep Javy and move Derek Lowe. I fucking hate Melky, but the deal isn't bad with the minor leaguers involved.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11698087 -

Vazquez was pretty gross last year.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: jewunit]
    #11698205 -

Yeah he was. IMO, more valuable than Carpenter and Wainwright.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11698389 -

This deal will be hilarious to me if the Yankees bring Damon back to play left. It's an epic fail if they do that.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11701074 -

Sigh.

I :heart: Melky Cabrera.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11701260 -

ya melky is a good player, he will be missed :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: Leanin]
    #11701706 -

He's really not very good. His bat can't stick at a corner spot. It maybe could have held up in center. I see pretty much no difference between Melky Cabrera and Ryan Church, who the Braves non-tendered.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Edited by robbyberto (12/22/09 07:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11704537 -

robbyberto said:
This deal will be hilarious to me if the Yankees bring Damon back to play left. It's an epic fail if they do that.



Cashman says no chance.  No interest in Bay or Holliday either. 

Fucking hell they just traded their ninth place hitter for a stud starter.  What the hell is Atlanta thinking?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11704760 -

This is a ballsy fucking move. It means they're counting on Hanson and Hudson and Kawakami all season long. The thinking was they need another bat more than they need a 6th starter, though I would much rather seen Lowe die, I mean get traded. They save $9 million dollars. Arodys Vizcaino is an interesting prospect, he was ranked third in the Yankees system and club officials send he had the second best curveball in the organization, behind AJ Burnett. So he's an intriguing prospect at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2010 Yankees win 110 games.
:thumbdown:


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Edited by robbyberto (12/23/09 08:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11705168 -

Troy Glaus. Weak.
EDIT:
He could be an epic steal at two million dollars, playing for a contract, potentially his last one.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Edited by robbyberto (12/23/09 03:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: robbyberto]
    #11707238 -

:hemohat:


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Fucking Yankees [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11707711 -

:lilpimp:


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Granderson to the Yanks?
( 1 2 all )
Redstorm 2,756 25 12/12/09 02:02 PM
by robbyberto
* Fucking Granderson. OneMoreRobot3021 788 11 04/04/07 03:14 PM
by Deadmaker
* Granderson and Hanley Ramírez,D.Cabrera up for trade kilroy69 699 4 05/14/06 06:00 PM
by kilroy69
* Jacoby Elsbury signs with the Yanks: 7 years 153million
( 1 2 all )
LittleBill 2,407 35 12/11/13 10:29 AM
by robbyberto
* MLB just continues to roll down the shitter
( 1 2 all )
TheFakeSunRa 2,959 31 10/04/10 09:04 AM
by cappincrunk
* Shroomery Fantasy Baseball - Preseason Trash-Talking and Trades
( 1 2 3 4 ... 30 31 )
OneMoreRobot3021 31,369 607 09/21/06 05:46 PM
by Cowgold
* ***Shroomery Fantasy Baseball 2009***
( 1 2 3 4 ... 148 149 )
OneMoreRobot3021 84,531 2,963 11/10/09 04:19 PM
by robbyberto
* ***2008 Shroomery Fantasy Baseball "Official" Thread***
( 1 2 3 4 ... 32 33 )
Madtowntripper 45,291 644 09/29/08 04:08 PM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
785 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.