Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Painted My NES![PICS][Controller LED Mod to Come]
    #11654034 -

After refurbishing my NES a few years back (now works like new) I decided to give it a paint job, came out fairly well seeing as I have no real experience with paint let alone airbrushing w/ stencils (the mario figure).  Also swapped out the dull red LED light with a new bright green one and soon will be placing a red led under the NINTENDO logo on my controller so that it is illuminated. 


The camera flash picked up some dust on this one





--------------------

Edited by Gr33nTree73 (12/16/09 12:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11654053 -

Make it look professional! I was thinking of buying old brick game boys, repainting them, and selling them. Post pics when you're done. Also, are you adding some sort of finish?


--------------------
-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: Dynoo]
    #11654059 -

Yea I added into my post that I'll be doing a few clear coats for a finnish.  And I'm doing many many thin coats for the paint so that It comes out nice.

Thought about using automotive paint but after testing the little tray that comes off for screws at what not with the new Krylon Fusion, I chose that.  Worked flawlessly


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11654068 -

IS What type of paint is Krylon Fusion? I was thinking of using metallic paints for my projects.


--------------------
-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11654080 -

:vaped:  Thats gonna be badass. Can't wait to see it. How did you refurbish it?



--------------------


Perception is delicious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: GoshAllMighty]
    #11654088 -

wow that looks awesome!


Gr33nTree, I'm eagerly awaiting pics! :vaped:


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #11654112 -

Krylon Fusion is a fairly new line that is specifically for plastics and composites, w/o the need to put down primer. 

I refurbed by putting in a new connector, replacing many of the cables and a few of the batteries and resistors on the main board. 

I love Jayrods custom NES paint jobs, seeing his was part of my inspiration to do this.  But he is a professional automotive painter and he uses the same paints for his nes, doubt mine will be quite as good as any of his but after three layers of paint everything is looking pretty good already.

I thought about a viewing window with LEDs like he as done but I feel that making a NES look like a tacky gaming computer would be a shame lol

heres some more of his work;









--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11656836 -

Jesus fucking christ, I HATE painting, lol.  Still came out decent seeing as I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to paint.  Everything was going well until the last two coats of clear coat, some dust fuzzies got stuck and there is a smudge in part :mad2:

Tomorrow I'll put the new LED light in and take some pics.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11656863 -

Good luck.

Those custom jobs are sick.  Do you know how much they run?


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Re: badchad]
    #11660576 -

badchad said:
Good luck.

Those custom jobs are sick.  Do you know how much they run?



Between 85 and 120.  But its well worth it just cause its real automotive paint and done by a pro


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11660875 -

theres pics in the original post now, painting the controllers today


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11660921 -

Wow, what an amazing topic!

Making me consider a mod job
myself. Good color choices man!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: Kiefish]
    #11660934 -

I have to sand down the clear coat cause of a small smudge on one side so I'm thinking about putting another stencil on top that is mushroom related.  Also I have and another extra LED that I may solder onto the main boar and glue to the loading tray so if you play with the door open it'll glow the same green as the power light


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #11661824 -

Nice. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wish I still had a working NES...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11661869 -

I've got to get mine done too,that's awesome!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: KBG1977]
    #11661978 -

Awesome!


--------------------
-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: KBG1977]
    #11662005 -

that black and purple is fuckin dope. i love the green light and mario on it 2. Another shroom related item should definitely be addedd


--------------------


My Baby In MCLA


Fuckin Shit

Fuck that stay high

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: Dynoo]
    #11662006 -

Classic Nintendo systems are quite a hot commodity now days.Do you think painting them will effect what they're worth???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: KBG1977]
    #11662019 -

Unless you have a mint condition NES in the box,
I can only see a well done custom paint job
increasing the net worth.  Very well done, mind you.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Painting my NES today! [Paint on and LED light in][pics][painting controllers today] [Re: Jair]
    #11662050 -

Jair said:
Unless you have a mint condition NES in the box,
I can only see a well done custom paint job
increasing the net worth.  Very well done, mind you.



yep, they are collectors items but only if they are completely ORIGINAL (includes replacement inner parts) and has the original box either in top notch shape or still sealed.  I would never sell my NES anyways, had it too long


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* an old pic Scratcher 1,619 9 02/23/03 11:40 PM
by In(di)go
* Turn a retired Incubator into a Hermit Crab House!
( 1 2 all )
daba 4,838 37 05/09/06 08:31 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* last acidicsloth pic post, I promise Turd 962 7 08/12/03 02:46 PM
by Ori
* Dark Star Orchestra
( 1 2 all )
OctopusDr 5,620 39 05/21/03 10:40 AM
by Adom
* Picture Time... Show Your Stuff!!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 63 64 )
RebelSteve33 140,688 1,266 08/27/04 10:31 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,681 topic views. 5 members, 31 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.