Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I'm couch surfing next week
    #11588456 -

...with several people I've never actually met. Actually, I've never had a conversation longer than a few messages back and forth on a couch surfing website with them. It sounds like we have a lot in common though so it should be fun, or something like that. I've wanted to try couch surfing for a while and I finally have the time to travel since I just lost my job (and I'm moving in January, so it's not worth it to spend time looking for employment).

Have you ever couch surfed while traveling? Would you? Would you ever host a couch surfer?


--------------------
She weeps time, starts unspoken, but when the gate swings there she'll be;
There she'll be: in green sun, on blue earth, under warm running showers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: astatide]
    #11588463 -

i have couch surfed, i plan to do it again, and i would host if i were able.

i haven't had that many experiences so far, but those few i've had have always been too awesome.  great way to get introduced to a foreign city.  and an even better way to travel on a tight budget.  although i almost always buy the host some alcohol or a meal out at a restaurant as a token of gratitude.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: astatide]
    #11588476 -

I just looked up what it is, I've never, I'd love to have a go at it, and I probably would host somewhere along the line..

I'm reading On the Road right now and it's making me want to do exactly that.

Live it up, you will have some completely new experiences for sure... sounds immensely refreshing.


--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: astatide]
    #11588481 -

I have a friend who does it a lot in her own country. She lives in France.

I looked into it at one stage when i needed it but never went ahead.

Thought it was dodgy when i first heard about it but looking through the site its ok.

Im sure you would get a few crazy  people once in a while.
:rules:


--------------------
In need of a Trance traffic tracker Invite or Bitme invite - PM me if you can help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: psykiidellic]
    #11588494 -

everyones crazy in their own ways tho


--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: the human abstract]
    #11588500 -

the human abstract said:
everyones crazy in their own ways tho



Hah. Most of my friends think I'm crazy and should be hospitalized for even considering this, but some of them have never even been out of the state. I find it pretty difficult to trust their opinion on anything regarding traveling.


--------------------
She weeps time, starts unspoken, but when the gate swings there she'll be;
There she'll be: in green sun, on blue earth, under warm running showers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: astatide]
    #11588510 -

Quote:
astatide said:
I find it pretty difficult to trust their opinion on anything regarding traveling.



as well you should.  it always baffles me when someone has never even left the state they were raised in.  how the fuck does that happen?  it's a goddamn shame.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11588555 -

I think that it would be one of those experiences that you could tell your grandchildren about, if you got nothing holding you back I would say hit the road :grin:


--------------------
I'm Looking for Vietnamese Pans :pm: For More Info

I LIVE IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD, BUT IT'S OK...THEY KNOW ME HERE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: MrKnightVision]
    #11588642 -

If for some reason you stumble across Mississippi, which I hope you do, hit me up. I have a super dope futon.


--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

                                   
:gd_icon: Get yourself a powder charge and seal that silver mine :gd_icon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm couch surfing next week [Re: SillyString525]
    #11590681 -

MrKnightVision said:
I think that it would be one of those experiences that you could tell your grandchildren about, if you got nothing holding you back I would say hit the road :grin:



That's the plan! Over the summer I spent about a month just driving around. I couch surfed with friends and stayed in hostels, but in hindsight I wish I had couch surfed with strangers. I think I would've gotten a better impression of the cities I visited that way.

SillyString525 said:
If for some reason you stumble across Mississippi, which I hope you do, hit me up. I have a super dope futon.



Mississippi is considerably out of the way, but if I ever take the year-long cross-country I've been planning for years then I'll keep you in mind. Unfortunately that won't be happening until I'm finished with grad school, years from now :frown:


--------------------
She weeps time, starts unspoken, but when the gate swings there she'll be;
There she'll be: in green sun, on blue earth, under warm running showers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mississippi Halfstep Uptown Toodeloo Hanky 505 0 02/11/05 06:17 AM
by Hanky
* Surf City shark attack... Delyrium 826 5 06/08/05 10:55 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* everyone, get off your butt and look under your couch cushions! MrBump 849 10 12/22/04 12:12 AM
by kadakuda
* playing hookie and going surfing afoaf 675 10 07/21/05 05:13 PM
by afoaf
* Why does Mississippi have a bad rep?
( 1 2 all )
SneezingPenis 3,069 23 07/24/11 11:47 PM
by tyrannicalrex
* Mississippi Half-Step mockeylock 689 8 07/27/05 07:22 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? freddurgan 788 10 02/23/05 12:39 AM
by Skunk420
* Has anybody ever stumbled upon marijuana growing?
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 4,216 32 06/23/05 03:25 PM
by afoaf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
540 topic views. 7 members, 35 guests and 215 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.