Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Calea and Kratom Germination
    #11432364 -

This is my first topic on this forum, so hello everyone:grin:!

I ordered Calea zacatechichi and Kratom seeds.
I read The whole Ethnobotanical Garden for information about germination these seeds, but i need to be sure how to do it properly.
In my country there is a cold and rainy autumn, so there aren't any favourable conditions to germinate Calea zacatechichi and Kratom.
I know that these seed's aren't easy to sow, so I builded a cheap growbox from two shoe boxes:uhoh:, computer fan, telephone charger, CFL and timer.
Dimensions are 12x30x39 (LxWxH in cm). The light is 23W philips CFL (1500 Lumens) and Photoperiod is set to 12/12.
Yeah, my growbox is totally weird:wowz:! Just see:




The quality isn't very good. It's just only 3.2Mpix telephone camera.



Ok, i'm returning to the subject of my post.
There are the infotmation i've collected about sowing Calea zacatechichi and Kratom seeds:
The way of sowing is the same for both seeds.
1.Sprinkle seeds onto soil. Seeds need light to germinate, so don't cover it with soil.
2.Mist soil well with misting bottle.
3.Place seedling in humidity dome.
4.Place in sunny location.
5.Don't allow soil to dry out.


Is it correct?Any advice will be very helpful.


PS. Sorry for my bad english (i've very big problem with times), and please don't use any slang. It will be easier to read for me.Thanks.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ElmoTheGrower]
    #11433053 -

Check Out Ferrel_human thread on this subject. Both him and myself got Kratom seeds and had 0 success :-(

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11009482/fpart/1/vc/1
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11120070#11120070

I hope you fare better.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Fleadh]
    #11433400 -

Thanks Fleadh. 

I'm read these topics some time ago(I just searched for 'kratom/calea germination' and read all topics, one by one). This topic is collected information about them. I know that it will be dificult to germinate them.

PS.
Fleadh, I have question about Your morning glories. On what are they climbing? Is it rolled mesh fence?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ElmoTheGrower]
    #11434612 -

Yea it's just chicken wire rolled in a cone. It was great until my dogs tail dented it so it has a stick propping it up.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Fleadh]
    #11434732 -

I would forget about it,they are damn near impossible to germinate.Get some cuttings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: KBG1977]
    #11434988 -

I tried to grow Calea z. from seed 5 times, 3 were a success. I tried to grow kratom from seed twice, both were a success and I got 60 trees from 100 seeds. If theyre damn near impossible I need to play the lotto :tongue:

For Calea I did as you said, sprinkle on soil surface and keep moist. I put petri dishes over the pots to keep in humidity, plastic will work. This species has a naturally low germination rate, usually around 2%, if you need more seed and have a bag of calea herb I'd bet theres loads of seed in there. Just find the little flower looking things and tug at the fluffy end.
For kratom I did exactly the same but used pure sand. They started germinating in 2 weeks and they continued germinating for 3 months! Half way through that I gave them 1/6 strength fertilizer water so they could begin growing bigger. The reason I used sand was I knew they could take 2 months to sprout and I didnt want too much stuff trying to eat them, theres lots of microbes in soil.

With both species there will be lots of variation in effects of seed grown plants, you may get plants that are better or worse than the clones being sold.


--------------------
The Nook

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: KBG1977]
    #11437999 -

KBG1977 said:
I would forget about it,they are damn near impossible to germinate.Get some cuttings.



Hell im finding it damn near impossible to find kratom cuttings right now on the net, I'm guessing they are out of season or something :shrug: ???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #11438995 -



Quote:
it damn near impossible to find kratom cuttings right now on the net




Especially in EU. It's good that CITES doesn't include information about seeds and they're easier to send.


--------------------


Edited by ElmoTheGrower (11/12/09 07:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #11442633 -

Ganja420Boy said:
KBG1977 said:
I would forget about it,they are damn near impossible to germinate.Get some cuttings.



Hell im finding it damn near impossible to find kratom cuttings right now on the net, I'm guessing they are out of season or something :shrug: ???




Well I got a email from bouncingbearbotanicals.com today about kratom clones if anyone is looking for them.

Quote:
Hi,
I would say a few weeks, but the new seeds I've planted haven't been germinating that well or that quickly. I have plants that I'm making cuttings to propagate from, but need more of them before I can list them. I'll e-mail you when they're available. Thanks.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #11446372 -

I had no luck with calea germination, but of 50~ kratom seeds, I got about 20 seedlings so perhaps this may help:

-sprinkle them on top of the soil, keep it moist and press them down slightly. cross your fingers and hope your seeds were viable and that's about all you can do :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: drift]
    #11769854 -

Sorry, for not updating topic, but not all went well, like I wanted. Just by postal service:thumbdown:. I'm hoping that posting in old topic isn't a violation of rules. Waiting about 2 months for delivery is sick. I'm hoping that these seeds are still viable:grin:.



I prepared a three 0.4L plastic cups and filled it with my Potting Mix(5 Cups of soil and 1 Cup of Perlite).
I planted seeds by the steps, I have written in the first post.
ElmoTheGrower said:
The way of sowing is the same for both seeds.
1.Sprinkle seeds onto soil. Seeds need light to germinate, so don't cover it with soil.
2.Mist soil well with misting bottle.
3.Place seedling in humidity dome.
4.Place in sunny location.
5.Don't allow soil to dry out.





Day 0 - 3.1.2010:



Day 2 - 5.1.2010:
Kratom:                                              Sinicuichi:                                            Calea Zacatechichi:



Waiting for any signs of life. Keep fingers crossed.


--------------------


Edited by ElmoTheGrower (01/08/10 02:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ElmoTheGrower]
    #11769932 -

if the kratom germinate Ill be amazed and be jealous beyond words :thumbup:


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Fleadh]
    #11770199 -

Fleadh said:
if the kratom germinate Ill be amazed and be jealous beyond words :thumbup:



Same, it's damn hard to find viable seed this far out of the grow season.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: drift]
    #11772266 -

Keep a keen eye on the Calea, with that much chaff and flower bits mold could be a problem.
Of the 3 Sinicuichi will be most likely to succeed.. they just grow real slow for the first few months until transplant and/or dilute fertilizer.


--------------------
The Nook

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: Auxin]
    #11777187 -

Auxin said:
Keep a keen eye on the Calea, with that much chaff and flower bits mold could be a problem.




I'm going to clean that stuff with tweezers tomorrow :evil2:.
Tomorrow also will be next photos update.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ElmoTheGrower]
    #11783287 -

Good news. Today, Sinicuichi has started to sprout and I cleaned some chaff in Calea pot. I'm still waiting for any signs of life from Kratom and Calea.
When Calea and Kratom should begin to sprout?


Day 4 - 7.1.2010:
Kratom:                                              Sinicuichi:                                            Calea Zacatechichi:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ElmoTheGrower]
    #11783354 -

ElmoTheGrower said:
Good news. Today, Sinicuichi has started to sprout and I cleaned some chaff in Calea pot. I'm still waiting for any signs of life from Kratom and Calea.
When Calea and Kratom should begin to sprout?


Day 4 - 7.1.2010:
Kratom:                                              Sinicuichi:                                            Calea Zacatechichi:





:goodluck: with the kratom. those might be the hardest to germ.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11783423 -

said:
:goodluck: with the kratom. those might be the hardest to germ.



:thanx: ferrel_human. I know that.

Anybody have experience in sowing Kratom or Calea?
When they should begin to sprout?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: ElmoTheGrower]
    #11783470 -

ferrel_human told me if you are lucky enough to get at least one sprout from any one of those hardest seeds in the world to germinate,he will send you $100 U.S dollars:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calea and Kratom Germination [Re: KBG1977]
    #11783570 -

why ain't it 100yen KBG?

edit- or 100 pesos? even better in pesos.



--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Edited by ferrel_human (01/07/10 01:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kratom Germination Question 5HTSynaptrip 835 3 04/06/09 12:24 PM
by shroomaker
* succesful calea seed germination wizeoldgnome 1,011 4 06/12/03 05:30 PM
by wizeoldgnome
* help with calea seed germination wizeoldgnome 762 2 05/29/03 05:35 PM
by Funkey
* Fake Calea Plants!
( 1 2 3 all )
Thazo 5,745 42 11/23/09 09:36 AM
by durian_2008
* My KRATOM Growing Journal plus++ PHOTOS kratoomite 4,069 11 04/28/07 11:28 AM
by kratoomite
* Sinicuichi ("sun opener") and Calea ("dream herb") JCoke 3,645 12 01/23/05 02:11 PM
by JCoke
* Calea Zacatechichi mr_minds_eye 1,447 14 12/05/04 07:32 PM
by mr_minds_eye
* Calea zacatechichi noob needs your help + pics
( 1 2 3 all )
MrHerbDaily 5,986 48 09/07/10 10:10 PM
by iFennario

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
6,231 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.