Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
In Search of Capitol Hill's Freemasons
    #11178796 - 10/04/09 07:29 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

From: http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090928/pl_politico/27639

“Cantor’s fellow Virginian was perhaps the most famous American Mason, but nine signers of the Declaration of Independence, including Ben Franklin, and 13 signers of the Constitution were Masons. As many as 14 presidents have been Masons.”

“For over 250 years, Masons have been a part of the fabric and leadership of the United States,” Wilson says on the video. “The grand tradition of brotherhood is a reflection of the very framework this nation was founded upon.”

“Rep. Nick Rahall (D-W.Va.) emerged, briefly, from the chamber. A genial 60-year-old with bushy eyebrows, the diminutive Rahall didn’t look anything like a medieval crusader. In fact, his family roots are in Lebanon, not Europe.

But Rahall is also a 33rd Degree Mason, who joined the secretive society about five years before he ran for Congress in 1976. “When I joined, there were a great deal of older individuals who helped me along the way and to whom I am deeply indebted to this day,” he said.

“We call each other ‘travelers,’” Rahall explained. “To become a 32nd or 33rd Degree Mason, there are a whole slew of degrees before that, and it’s a long road we’ve taken together.”

“Maybe Tester’s fellow Mason, Sen. Chuck Grassley, can offer enlightenment. The Iowa Republican says part of the appeal is the fraternity’s egalitarian worldview. “There are Masons in every country and in countries like Iran, where they are probably underground. Hitler didn’t like Masons,” Grassley said. And although the elaborate rituals may seem silly to outsiders — including the red fez worn by Shriner Masons — he said, “Don’t judge us by the funny hats we wear.”

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Re: In Search of Capitol Hill's Freemasons [Re: PookztA]
    #11178801 - 10/04/09 07:33 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

another interesting thought is, how many women are Freemasons? women should play an equal role in any organization that is truly intending to do good and promote equality and peace for the world...

"To the majority of Freemasons today (dominated by US and Canadian brethren), the concept of women becoming Masons is, for all intents and purposes, an anathema. This is not because of some sexist feeling or because they feel women are incapable of understanding and appreciating the moral and spiritual lessons that Freemasonry can impart. It is because, simply, in their obligation they have sworn not to be present at the making of a woman a Mason. This is, as stated by their Grand Lodge, one of the 'Landmarks of Freemasonry' and is deemed unchangeable.

In fact, no "mainstream" Lodge/Grand Lodge of Masons accepts women as members or will recognize (acknowledge) any lodge which does. (See our page on recognition for more information on the thorny topic of recognition even within male Masonic bodies.)
"

Freemasonry is finally becoming mainstream news! :smile: not necessarily saying there are any 'conspiracy' implications of this article, but when Freemasonry and the many Congressman and Presidents who are / were Freemasons become the subject of the mainstream news, well damn, we are definitely living in the midst of CHANGE!

--------------------
Abrahm

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: In Search of Capitol Hill's Freemasons [Re: PookztA]
    #11180247 - 10/04/09 02:45 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

The Freemason society isn't hugely secretive (at least their existance or membership isn't).  You posted a few articles that say it's a great networking club that excludes women.  I'm not sure where you're going with this?

--------------------
Link to Shroomery Think Tank

"Sure, liberal policies appear to be working now, but you just wait, someday conservative policies will prove to work better" - Most conservatives on this board

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Re: In Search of Capitol Hill's Freemasons [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #11180386 - 10/04/09 03:15 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

im not going anywhere with it... i just find it interesting and decided to share it with ya'll.

--------------------
Abrahm

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion