Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Sore/Restless Legs at Night
    #11162244 - 10/01/09 05:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

WTF.  Why do my legs always feel a little tight/sore at night, which then causes me to toss/turn around all restlessly.  Typically I walk to the living room and take a big 'ol GB, but that's clearly not a long-term solution.

Should I be stretching more?  Taking advil before bed? Wrapping my leg up (left one is worse than right) w/ a bandage before bed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: Sore/Restless Legs at Night [Re: memes]
    #11162251 - 10/01/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yoga for sure, i used to only get this when i was on shrooms, my legs when id try to sleep were SOOOOO restless!
I started getting it daily which forced me to take up Yoga...

Yoga definitely gets this sorted, id recommend crescent moon pose as it gets right at the back of the legs/bottom of the buttocks which i feel is where the restlessness starts, also pigeon pose & single forward leg bend

try em out?

:peace:

--------------------

Offlinebobabrewski
Stranger
Male

Loc: In an octopuses garden
Re: Sore/Restless Legs at Night [Re: Chronic7]
    #11162372 - 10/01/09 07:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Stretching is a great idea. Also try to increase your potassium intake. Bananas are a great source of potassium which helps to combat stiff, sore muscles.

--------------------
Who wants to play " Will It Burn " ?

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sore/Restless Legs at Night [Re: bobabrewski]
    #11162402 - 10/01/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Both are great suggestions.  I have a good friend that is a yoga instructor so I"ll have her show me those recommended poses.  I suppose now that I think about it - I never stretch enough.  I walk to class, sit in chairs all day, lounge on couches, drive places -- but rarely stretch unless its before a workout (which, coincidentally, I haven't been doing the last few days as a result of my increased school workload)

InvisibleRazzl3Frazzl3
Female

#11162428 - 10/01/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey meam, got a question for you. By chance do you suffer from allergies? Do you take Benedryl often? I ask that bc Benedryl will definitely give you the restless leg syndrome at night. I quit taking it bc of that, but my gf's allergies are so bad, she has to take them, and she has the restless leg 3-5 times a week. Just a thought.......

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Sore/Restless Legs at Night [Re: bobabrewski]
    #11162463 - 10/01/09 07:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meams said:
Both are great suggestions.  I have a good friend that is a yoga instructor so I"ll have her show me those recommended poses.  I suppose now that I think about it - I never stretch enough.  I walk to class, sit in chairs all day, lounge on couches, drive places -- but rarely stretch unless its before a workout (which, coincidentally, I haven't been doing the last few days as a result of my increased school workload)

If you think about it humans are desinged to walk, alot
We rarely do...

To me restless legs are legs that are screaming - 'stretch me!'

Quote:

bobabrewski said:
Stretching is a great idea. Also try to increase your potassium intake. Bananas are a great source of potassium which helps to combat stiff, sore muscles.

Avocadoes too, i eat them both daily

I didnt eat avocadoes for years, the first time i had one i almost had an orgasm it gave me so much energy!

--------------------

OfflineBoss Mosely
...wut?

Loc: Where do YOU live?
Re: Sore/Restless Legs at Night [Re: Chronic7]
    #11169309 - 10/02/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What type of pain is it?  Is it generally localized or just all around muscle soreness?  What does your workout routine look like?  (i.e much cardio?)  One of the most tall tale signs for stress fractures is a pain/nagging senstation in the shins (tibia) but it's usually a more localized sensation.  Lots of impact cardio can cause this.. especially if you're off for a few days then do "full-go" workouts.  Just a thought

--------------------
I am a fictional character.  There is no one behind this computer.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sore/Restless Legs at Night [Re: Boss Mosely]
    #11170624 - 10/02/09 03:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I workout with kettlebells.  They're a intense mix of cardio and strength training.  The soreness wasn't a result of them, it was probably just inactivity/lack of stretching.

OfflineBoss Mosely
...wut?

Loc: Where do YOU live?
    #11171100 - 10/02/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Good to hear.. just figured that since i don't have much to contribute right now on the main forums, least i could do is give some medical advice from my major. :thumbup:

--------------------
I am a fictional character.  There is no one behind this computer.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag