Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread
    #10778754 -

It's my favorite movie of all time. Until I saw it, I never had one. From start to finish it's one giant delight. It's thoughtful, interesting, easy on the eyes and charmingly funny. It's the quintessential tripper movie. It has the themes of time, space, infinity and all in a peaceful and relaxed projective, abstract way. At one point in the movie time even STOPS, which is a nod to psychedelics IMO.





Futurama parody at the beginning of Bender's Game was great too.





Can anyone think of any movies that are similar in animation tripyness? I need more!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: Wapakz]
    #10778759 -

Hey Bulldog is one of my favorite songs.

Haven't seen the movie in a long time, back in my pre-dr00gs days. It would be interesting to revisit it now with some  :mushroom2:

Check out Heavy Metal. Fucking awesome


--------------------



"That's the vernacular, isn't it?" --Mrs. Peel

Edited by the_drummer (08/01/09 06:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: the_drummer]
    #10778769 -

its not a movie, but have you seen SuperJail! ?

here is a scene that sorta quotes Yellow Submarine


I'm waiting for the DVD to come out to watch it in hi-def... I just posted this clip for reference purpose, other than that I advise against watching just clips of it, they have full episodes at adultswim.com though, look for the videos labeled full episode.


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: the bizzle]
    #10778771 -

LOL yeah, I watch Superjail all the time, I showed it to all my friends.

I've seen every episode at least 6 times. I wish more of this kind of stuff was made.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: the bizzle]
    #10778773 -



--------------------



"That's the vernacular, isn't it?" --Mrs. Peel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: the_drummer]
    #10778845 -

As you can clearly tell my my name, I'm not a fan.:nonono:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10778973 -

the animation always reminded me of the cartoon in the grateful dead movie


--------------------
"Beyond the viel of the human mind there is a gesalt energy that is a  pure and loving light. It is the source, creation, the one. Some people call it God, but a name cannot describe it. It is the pure energy that gives and connects all life. We come from this place and we return to it. It is the pure energy that gives and connects all life."

-chinacat72

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10779360 -

blewmeanie said:
As you can clearly tell my my name, I'm not a fan.:nonono:



Seriously, or was that humor?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: Wapakz]
    #10779511 -

If you don't get the joke I'm not helping you out.:facepalm:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Wapakz]
    #10779839 -

.

Edited by JonPathetic (10/19/12 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: JonPathetic]
    #10779862 -

indeed.  they didn't use their real voices.   

"i've got a hole in me pocket"


--------------------
:jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: JonPathetic]
    #10779866 -

JonPathetic said:
I read somewhere that the members of the Beatles didn't actually do the voices in the movie and they had imitators do the voices of the beatles? Does anyone know if this is true?



Yeah the beatles didn't do the voices but the voice actors were incredibly amusing.  I think the whole movie is a nod to psychedelics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10779883 -

I haven't seen this yet, but it's on schedule for the next trip:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10779897 -

the first time I saw this movie, was also the first time I tripped acid.  so yeah, I enjoyed this movie :smile:


--------------------
"Less reality, more fantasy!"
~Hedonism bot, Futurama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: Anhoktohen]
    #10779901 -

it's enjoyable (fantastic planet), but not as psychedelic as it's cracked out to be, imo
maybe i'm just jaded?:shrug:


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10779906 -

blewmeanie said:
If you don't get the joke I'm not helping you out.:facepalm:



I know what a blue meanie is, it just wasn't that funny.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: Wapakz]
    #10779913 -

Now you're just being mean:crying:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10779917 -

Sorry, I've been up since 2:30 this morning.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10779918 -

blewmeanie said:
Now you're just being mean:crying:



:yarly:

he's not referring to the mushroom, btw


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Edited by the bizzle (08/01/09 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine Appreciation Thread [Re: the bizzle]
    #10779930 -

the bizzle said:
it's enjoyable (fantastic planet), but not as psychedelic as it's cracked out to be, imo
maybe i'm just jaded?:shrug:



disappointing review..I better have a backup in mind.


Hell I wouldn't mind watching yellow submarine again, that's the first thing I ever did on shrooms. Fucking loved it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yellow Submarine parody used in commercial LearyfanS 3,988 14 03/11/03 06:18 PM
by djfrog
* "Yellow Submarine" 7-up commercial (wmv)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 4,419 23 03/11/05 10:52 PM
by camelsmoker
* Yellow Submarine vampirism 1,073 5 06/13/05 09:26 AM
by Cytokine
* Grateful Dead Appreciation thread!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
LooksLikeRain 8,901 68 07/15/16 08:41 PM
by Great Scott
* oxycontin appreciation thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Lightningfractal 14,954 115 10/17/11 10:02 PM
by 2Cents
* Appreciation thread?
( 1 2 all )
Anjaba 3,551 24 01/21/05 06:23 PM
by Jim
* Cow Punk and Psychobilly appreciation thread?
( 1 2 all )
PapaverS 8,420 27 12/24/09 12:19 AM
by GabbaDj
* The Papaver Appreciation Thread OneMoreRobot3021 1,459 18 08/10/04 04:41 PM
by OldSpice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,261 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.