Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: circularvortex]
    #10670833 -

It's all good at a sushi restaurant, just sit at the bar and talk to the chefs!
Course $34 wont last until thursday..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Shroomism]
    #10670851 -

Ya, odds are I would order a few beers with it and drain my wallet.  I mean...if it really came down to it I could probably swing it...though I do need more cigarettes too....

DAMN YOU 1,500 MILES OF LAND BETWEEN ME AND THE OCEAN!  WHY MUST SUSHI BE SO GODDAMNED EXPENSIVE FOR ME NOW?!


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: circularvortex]
    #10670870 -

It's expensive near the ocean too :P


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: circularvortex]
    #10670871 -

One of these days I'm up and moving to an island where I can live off the land, like Thailand or the Philippines.  Phuket, here I come!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10670888 -

Make sure take plenty of pics of you eating balut


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Shroomism]
    #10670891 -

It's not nearly as expensive, believe.

I've lived in California and Japan before.  Wisco's pricier fa sho


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10670901 -

Newbie said:
One of these days I'm up and moving to an island where I can live off the land, like Thailand or the Philippines.  Phuket, here I come!



http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods/ci.Phuket.show?vgnextfmt=show

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods/Zimmern_Photos_From_Phuket_2


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/13/09 06:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: circularvortex]
    #10670903 -

:crankey:

I bet that shit is on every corner in Japan.. that would be :awesome:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Shroomism]
    #10670914 -

Balut looks fucking AWESOME!  I can't believe I even know what you're talking about. :lol:  I wanna try all that stuff so bad..    And tripe stew?  Mmmmmmm :drooling:  Looks/sounds so goood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10670916 -

:what:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Shroomism]
    #10670921 -

Dude Sushi-Go-Rounds are the SHIT!

They have a little motorized track that goes along the bar and you just grab what looks good as it goes by.  It's sorta like an all you can eat buffet, but way cooler.




--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10670927 -

Yuck.  I've eaten balut.  Or half of one anyways.

Not gonna do that again.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Shroomism]
    #10670941 -

I just picturing it tasting like dove in a chicken gravy mixed with some yolky taste.  I'd salt that bitch up and chase it with some sake.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10671004 -

The texture is unbearable


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: circularvortex]
    #10671096 -

LOL Yea I need some training in that area but I really want to develop my palate.  I envy the guys on the travel channel that get to walk through  those busy markets in other countries where people are frying up everything under the sun.  I feel like I'm missing out.  These people can make a meal out of an entire pig or boar, whereas we just eat the same ham, bacon, ribs, etc...  They'll use the stomach, organs, and a lot of other juices and flavorings to make a broth for a soup, bbq, stew, stir fry, whatever, they use the whole animal and the results look delectable. 

If it's anything that's driving me to get out and see the world, it's food.  :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10671120 -

By all means get out and see the world, but IME there's a reason we stick to the bits we stick to most times.  I've definitely had some good weird food, some "interesting" weird food, and plenty of just god awful disgusting stuff.

Then again some of my favorite foods are weird things that most other people don't eat.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: circularvortex]
    #10671157 -

There is a deli in town but I'm not sure if it's the kind that does any work there or if it's all in shipments or whatnot but I'd be willing to ask the butcher to save me some cuts of things I haven't had yet.  I'd love to try tripe and chitluns, but only if they're cleaned well.  I've read some pretty bad reviews where you're basically eating shit if it's not cleaned right. 

Does anyone know of any online vendors that will ship this kind of food internationally?  Like with dry ice and whatnot?  If I can't afford to go to the food I'll pay to have it sent to me.  I'd want it done up by the pros, I mean I'm a good cook but I'm a complete new when it comes to properly saucing and cooking up various entrails and whatnot. 

I wanna win one of those travel channel contests.  Or maybe I'll just start planning ahead and take a 2 week long trip to Thailand in a few years.  :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10671169 -

If you haven't tried tripe yet... get yourself some Phở with tripe in it. If you have any vietnamese places where you are..

I usually get it with flank.. but tripe is always an option in every pho restaurant. Shit is delicious.. and cheap. Where I go it's $4 for a giant bowl.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Shroomism]
    #10671178 -

I saw that stuff on TV too and I'd absolutely love to.  I have to do some googling..  I might be able to just take a bus to the city and hit the market.  It's a fun word to say too.  :lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just had my first REAL sushi roll. [Re: Newbie]
    #10671197 -

It's fucking good.. as far as cheap and filling foods go.. you can't get much better. One bowl satiates me, and tastes fucking delicious. I used to eat it all the time when I was poor.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* can anyone here roll joints one handed?
( 1 2 all )
_Shrew_ 5,923 21 11/07/03 11:14 PM
by Hanky
* Sushi Restaurant Job
( 1 2 all )
PDU 3,737 28 11/21/03 02:42 AM
by felix
* The Adom & Iluan's fishing chronicles..
( 1 2 3 all )
iluan 6,138 49 08/02/04 07:54 PM
by notapillow
* Fishing Blues
( 1 2 all )
Adom 5,073 32 08/22/04 09:13 AM
by kosmic_charlie
* SuShi
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 2,928 21 05/10/05 12:01 PM
by danlennon3
* Buddy Holly: Master Dreamcrafter, Rock-n-Roll Messiah I_Fart_Blue 1,884 6 04/30/03 05:20 PM
by I_Fart_Blue
* I got a job at a sushi bar
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 5,980 79 09/17/05 01:51 PM
by Simisu
* The all around Fishing thread 2Experimental 958 5 05/13/04 09:30 PM
by 2Experimental

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,463 topic views. 6 members, 6 guests and 67 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.