Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later
    #10617192 -

And I still only managed to pick up about half of the broken glass strewn around the dirtiest disc golf course in the city.

Met some good disc golfers that were genuinely concerned with the state of the park. Unfortunately the majority of players that passed by me either didn't give a shit or didn't understand why I was picking up broken glass.

One dumbass exlcaimed, "Yer not gunna git any munny fer all that glass." :nonono:
It's not money I'm after, you dumb hick. I don't want broken glass under my foot every other step I make while playing a round. Nobody else seems to be doing shit about it except adding more broken glass to the pile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: DNKYD]
    #10617606 -

Broken beer bottles I assume?


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10617613 -

wowwwww, I didnt even know that game really existed.

Thought it was just something in that wii PGA tour game.

Lol lazy hicks agreed


--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: Morgenstern]
    #10617631 -

Frisbee golf is the bee's knees


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10617782 -

Whole beer bottles, broken beer bottles, 40's, fifths, etc. Lots of different colors. I plan on using all of these pieces to make a mosaic sign to put at the start of the course. All that's there now is a janky sign that has a printed piece of paper saying "DISC GOLF".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10618248 -

UnholyChild666 said:
Frisbee golf is the bee's knees



Except for the people who trash the course.....heathens  :prance:


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10618340 -

UnholyChild666 said:
Frisbee golf is the bee's knees



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: DNKYD]
    #10618359 -

DNKYD said:
Whole beer bottles, broken beer bottles, 40's, fifths, etc. Lots of different colors. I plan on using all of these pieces to make a mosaic sign to put at the start of the course. All that's there now is a janky sign that has a printed piece of paper saying "DISC GOLF".




Cool


  :sun:


--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.


:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: unretarded]
    #10618360 -

I always pack out more than I pack in.

The course that I frequent was pristine until very recently. The county closed down another course because locals in the area were getting sick of the littering, and started demanding something be done. Solution? Shut the course down.

Problem is, once that happened, the course I play started getting trashed as well. As if everyone decided they should come get this one shut down too. Le sigh...

So I do what I can, picking up what I can without ruining my round.
I just keep hoping that mentality will spread.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: Kickle]
    #10618373 -

Great job cleaning up the places you go ,no matter who threw it down......:greenthumb:

I hear people say it`s not my trash or they don`t pay me to do that ,etc.
  I hate it when people trash anything like that ...once again ,props for being part of the solution instead of the problem  :congrats:


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: Kickle]
    #10618418 -

Kickle said:
I always pack out more than I pack in.

The course that I frequent was pristine until very recently. The county closed down another course because locals in the area were getting sick of the littering, and started demanding something be done. Solution? Shut the course down.

Problem is, once that happened, the course I play started getting trashed as well. As if everyone decided they should come get this one shut down too. Le sigh...

So I do what I can, picking up what I can without ruining my round.
I just keep hoping that mentality will spread.




Are you in California?  You should play real golf.  Respect for the environment and course is built into the game its self..  Disc golf is supposed to be the same but it just full of weekender wannabee hippies with no respect.


That's not to say that I don't love me some disc golf.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: GabbaDj]
    #10618469 -

GabbaDj said:
Respect for the environment and course is built into the game its self..  Disc golf is supposed to be the same but it just full of weekender wannabee hippies with no respect.




I am trying to change that mentality with my company. I am going to use my business as an instrument of change, first and foremost.

I have had kids call me a hippie because I was playing behind them and picked up bottles they decided to toss next to the tee instead of carrying it a few hundred feet to the trashcan. I told them it's not about being a "hippie", it's about having respect for the land we use to play disc golf. Without that respect we won't have this land any more.

I don't understand how ball golf has "respect for the land" built in when they need to literally put in new grass just to play. Disc golf is built around the land, not the other way around. Remember that disc golf is a young sport, ~40 years, compared to over a century of golf. The respect for the land is built into the sport of disc golf. Unfortunately, as we can see ever day of our lives, respect for the land is not built into our human minds.

It's not the sport that will nurture the land it uses, it is the people who play the sport.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: DNKYD]
    #10618592 -

:cheers:

Props for cleaning up the disc golf course man.  I fucking hate people who just chuck shit on the free courses I play on that aren't cleaned at all.  Sucks.

I'm guilty of forgetting a drink a tee from time to time (I go quite stoned and/or drunk a lot), but every few weeks I'll take a garbage bag with me and pick up everything I see while playing through to try to compensate for that.

You bring up an interesting point about disc golf being relatively young...man disc golf trees in softwood (mostly evergreen) forests FUCK TREES UP!

The trees nearest the tee are always bleeding sap like mad.

I think that eventually disc golf will be pretty destructive on the landscape, or at least the trees, but I think people who play disc golf should respect the courses they play on and keep them tidy.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: GabbaDj]
    #10618633 -

GabbaDj said:
Are you in California?  You should play real golf.  Respect for the environment and course is built into the game its self..  Disc golf is supposed to be the same but it just full of weekender wannabee hippies with no respect.


That's not to say that I don't love me some disc golf.



Nope, Montana.
I enjoy both disc golf and regular golf, but one is free and the other isn't.
And I'd really like it to remain that way.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: circularvortex]
    #10618639 -

That is a great point, vortex. And it's something that concerns me every time I go to the course. You can actually see where the discs take chunks out of trees. Unfortunately you can't have a challenging course without trees, but you won't have those trees for long on a high-traffic course.

There are also forces beyond players' control that can devastate a course. I saw at least 3 courses around suburban Detroit destroyed by the Emerald Ash Borer.

How do we compensate for this? You can replant trees that get destroyed by discs. But if you place these trees near those that are destroyed they won't survive their "adolescent" years. They will constantly have discs chucked at them and will not make it to maturity.

I'm not trying to say disc golf is more eco-friendly than ball golf. They both have their pros and cons. Unfortunately one con of disc golf is the lack of respect for the land that a lot of players have. But how can we reduce our impact on the land besides just picking up the trash these A-holes leave behind?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: GabbaDj]
    #10618684 -

GabbaDj said:
Kickle said:
I always pack out more than I pack in.

The course that I frequent was pristine until very recently. The county closed down another course because locals in the area were getting sick of the littering, and started demanding something be done. Solution? Shut the course down.

Problem is, once that happened, the course I play started getting trashed as well. As if everyone decided they should come get this one shut down too. Le sigh...

So I do what I can, picking up what I can without ruining my round.
I just keep hoping that mentality will spread.




Are you in California?  You should play real golf.  Respect for the environment and course is built into the game its self..  Disc golf is supposed to be the same but it just full of weekender wannabee hippies with no respect.


That's not to say that I don't love me some disc golf.



That's not so much his point I think.  Regular golf courses are huge blisters ecologically.  You import all these non-native plants, fertilize the hell out of them, and layer them out the ass with pesticides...it's gonna have some negative impacts on local environments, especially aquatic ones.  SO much nitrogen gets applied to golf courses, raising eutrophication levels in nearby water systems at a ridiculous rate.  Disc golf courses, however, have usually no imported plants or chemical treatment regimens.  Maintaining a perfect green doesn't matter because putting on woodchips vs. grass doesn't matter in disc golf.

Disc golf, regardless of the people who litter around the course, is much better for the environment on a chemical level.  Maybe not an immediate aesthetic level, but in the long haul it will do FAR less damage.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: DNKYD]
    #10618691 -

Also, on the point of emerald ash borer....if you want my professional opinion on this, I would say chop down any ash trees you have right now and sell em for lumber or pulpwood before they're too fucked up.  That shit is taking over and 99% of ash trees in the US will be dead within the next 25 years tops.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2 large blisters, 5 cuts, and 3 hours later [Re: circularvortex]
    #10618911 -

That's true. More and more cities are finding it cheaper to just chop the damn things down now than try to save them with injections. And waiting until they are already torn apart by the EAB just creates a liability for the city.

When I eventually build a couple courses the land I use will have little to no ash trees on it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone have a blister treatment? Madtowntripper 581 3 04/06/06 11:06 PM
by hIgHdRoLoVeR
* Basket demolished at local disc golf course
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 2,940 20 08/10/09 02:01 PM
by GabbaDj
* Disc Golf
( 1 2 all )
Zeus133 2,223 30 09/08/05 12:00 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Anyone Golf? GabbaDj 2,120 19 12/05/05 10:14 PM
by coda
* Sheekle Respect Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Canadian Jesus 13,039 294 03/17/18 02:18 PM
by watermelon mon
* Should you pop blood blisters? domite 745 3 10/06/06 11:28 AM
by elduque
* I'd rather be disc golfing DNKYD 1,011 8 08/27/05 08:31 PM
by Great Scott
* i was golfing and... YouEnjoyMyself 728 7 04/28/04 05:27 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,421 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 252 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.