Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: perlite outside terrarium
    #10512 - 04/01/00 08:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

hi ALDOUS, what you plan on doing seems to be a waste of time. Sounds like you did your homework though... Let me say that you should look at a new hum. tek. the one you plan on using is not realy necessery. also you didn't mention if you are casing or not?

------------------
If your not living on the edge....Then your taking up to much space.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #10514 - 04/02/00 10:54 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not casing, I'm growing on straight PF cakes. So why the loss of time? It seems to me that it might work, and that this method is much less messy and that the timer can easily be adjusted to achieve optimal results. Can you be a bit more specific?
Thanks.

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #10515 - 04/02/00 02:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Aldous I have thought about trying something like this in the past. It seems like this would work great giving you constaint gas exchange and high humidity.

This is what I was planning to do. Use two tupperware containers and seal the tops of their lids together with some silicon gel or other sealant then cut out the middle leaving about a 1 inch boarder around the edge. Then take a peice of screen and seal it along the 1 inch boarder. Then put your wet perlite on top of the screen, the key is to having all of the screen covered with perlite so the air is forced to go through it. Now put you lids on run your air pump hose below and the hose to your grow chamber form the top. The perlite will probiblely dry out pretty fast, but it would not be hard to remove the lid and remoisten the perlite. I think this would work however I have not tried it myself.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation