Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSuperficial
Existentialisthiccup
Tall tales from old shroomers?
    #1039936 - 11/09/02 11:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Some old folk like to tell it like it was in the old days, when life was hard, and where they had to walk 15 miles uphill over freezing cold mud ("Ain't no fancy tarmac in my day!") without shoes because they had nothing else to do and were bored ("None o' that fancy Nintendo Playstation game when I was young. We had to make do with twigs and leaves for toys"). I was wondering whether there are old shroomers who have tall, shroom growth related tales along similar lines, way back before the internet was invented (wow! :ooo: ) for convinient online referencing, when you had to grind rice flour with your teeth or sterilize substrate by stoking charcoal furnaces for three days... what was life like before the PF tek was written? Before quart sized jars and sophisticated terrariums and online ordering? Do you look back with a sense of nostalgia to when things were done "properly", or have things changed for ther better? Do you think newbies like me have it too easy? :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Tall tales from old shroomers? [Re: Superficial]
    #1039997 - 11/09/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Kid, don't get me started! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1040092 - 11/10/02 12:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Here is the WORST story Ive got...

When I was old enough to go outside and play to about 13 when I moved, mushrooms grew wild in my yard all over. They would grow in HUGE bunches and they would grow all over the place. Literaly their would be pounds of them all over on any given after rain morning...

Not knowing what they were I used to just mow them down with the lawnmower or kick them to make-em spread.

Then one summer an uncle came to stay with us. He was the always gettin in trouble pot smoker type and he knew exactly what they were and he used to have me pick them with him and he started selling them.

Well he moved and I went right back to mowing them down and I never ate any because I was too scared, My mom and uncle told me that they were poisionus and I would die...

So as the story goes I used to have pounds and pounds of Mushrooms growing n my own personal garden, soo many in fact that I didnt know what to do with them all....

If I only knew..

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisiblePjS
Jack Of AllDongs

Loc: gototheshow dot com
    #1040566 - 11/10/02 08:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well, there was this one time I ate twenty-one pounds of mushrooms..

--------------------

(Ped) Slavery leads to rebellion which leads to liquor store robberies, rap and hip-hop

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1040819 - 11/10/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I sort of remember back then, the memory's not what it used to be.

Shrooms were little shit covered things that use to turn up for a week or two in October. So we just had to make do with LSD and Special Brew instead. Now those were the days.

On to you young uns having it easy. You do, accept it and rejoice in your luck. Things evolve and we move on, i'm glad of the internet and all the info and supplies that can be nowadays gotten.

But you should all really try LSD and Special Brew sometime though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals