Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
psytrance party
    #10335604 -

I'm thinking of going to one this Saturday if I don't have to work. Never been to one before, so I don't really know what to expect. Seems like good vibes/people/music from what I've been reading, but I just wanted to hear some first hand accounts and maybe get some advice as to what to lookout for/be careful of, and how to handle myself. Basically, the do's and don'ts of a psytrance party.


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: timekiller]
    #10335682 -

Depends on where the party is in part...  Typically they are a mix of candy kids, frat boys, psychonauts, and old school party kids...  They tend to be a little more mellow than your typical party as most of the peps seem to be there for the music and those personal things to help one enjoy the music a little more...  Be yourself and don't be stupid.  Just enjoy the music and vibes, just like any other party...

~ LeAto

btw who is playing?  Infected Mushroom, Shpongel, 1200mics is some pretty good stuff that most people from that scene are familiar with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: timekiller]
    #10335769 -

I have never been to a psytrance party, but I imagine they're either cool as hell or really fuckin lame.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: LeAto]
    #10335830 -

sounds good. It's all pretty new to me so I don't recognize them and I'm guessing they're mostly locals, but it's unwashed tomato, hypnotoad, Lucina, Dj meeshu, Tyler scaiffedellic, and Tritton. the place is in philly. I have couple shpongle and Infected mushroom songs, haven't heard 1200mics tho.


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: g00ru]
    #10335870 -

guruu said:
I have never been to a psytrance party, but I imagine they're either cool as hell or really fuckin lame.



That was my thought exactly, just because I like the music and the trippy atmosphere, doesn't mean I'll like the scene or the people. that's why I'm trying to get an idea before I go.


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: timekiller]
    #10335975 -

the first tip i can say, is when you get there just jump right in and start dancing.

ever since my first party, i've been addicted. they are generally full of great people and positive vibes. And the deco at most of them can't be beat!

not so much in the ways of dos/don'ts. it is a very accepting environment. have fun and let others have fun.
and although you don't need to be on some drug to enjoy these parties, a little lsd makes it just incredible.

expect a lot of dreadlocks, a lot of people interested in eastern spirituality, probably a lot of russians and isrealis, and some just plain crazy people. but you also see a few people who would fit more into the average club scene, or rave scene, but generally everyone gets along just fine with everyone.



i can say though, after going to these parties for a while, they have taken on almost mystical undertones. i view it as a modern day method to the shaman beating on a drum all night.
i can't recommend it enough. check it out once and you will be pulled in.




--------------------

Edited by shivas.wisdom (05/14/09 01:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #10336033 -

from how shivas described it now I wanna go!!


--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: showme]
    #10336189 -



enjoy :sun:


--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: showme]
    #10336198 -

The psytrance parties in Australia are amazing. We have a lot of them out in the bush. We call them 'doofs'. I've only been to two and both were incredible. The people, the atmosphere, the music, the decor, the outdoors! I can't get enough of it.

It's a great place to take LSD too (at least in the bush).

You should love it.. I hope :laugh:

But yeah. Expect a very different crowd to your usual rave or club. Tell us how it goes if you do go :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: timekiller]
    #10336244 -

Do - smoke joints and drop Es/Acid
Don't - Grab girls titties without permission
:rave:
Psytrance is :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: Ego Death]
    #10336960 -

well, I'm very excited! and apparently this place has one every month so even if I have to work Saturday, I'll get to one eventually. Thanks, for the reply's btw.


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: Ego Death]
    #10337120 -

Ego Death said:
Do - smoke joints and drop Es/Acid
Don't - Grab girls titties without permission
:rave:
Psytrance is :awesome:



I think you need to ad to the do list.

Do-grab girls boobies and motor boat em.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #10337371 -

dude psytrance parties are the shit when done proper. improper psytrance is when its all about drugs and getting drugged up and it becomes a drug den.

proper is when its about social interaction and dancing


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: ohmatic]
    #10337421 -

ohmatic said:


enjoy :sun:



universo parallelo? i've always wanted to go there.... one day!

= Eargasm in Belgium (Leuven)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: Jako]
    #10337480 -

dang! now i want to party too..
here in toronto, there are great parties about once a month. but it varies up and down, and i haven't been to one in what seems too long.

looking forward to eclipse festival this summer. i still haven't had the pleasure of going to a party longer than 24 hours, and can't wait.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: thedudenj]
    #10338091 -

thedudenj said:
dude psytrance parties are the shit when done proper. improper psytrance is when its all about drugs and getting drugged up and it becomes a drug den.

proper is when its about social interaction and dancing



I wouldn't mind it being somewhere in the middle


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: timekiller]
    #10338146 -

The group that's hosting the party is called gaian mind, anyone been to one of their parties? how was it? They're hosting an outdoor summer festival next month as well, but it's gonna be a little too pricey for me.


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: timekiller]
    #10338905 -

yeah gaian mind is a great psytrance festi go on you tube and type it in.

any who when its just about social interaction that usually means theres drugs its just not people focusing on drugs rather they are just living


friday i might go to one myself now its called the path to orb fest orb fest is a good psytrance festi too


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (05/14/09 04:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: thedudenj]
    #10347706 -

I don't think I'm going. I don't have to work, but the friend I was planning to go with decided last minute he didn't want to go if we weren't gonna have a place to crash afterward, and since it's supposed to be stormy all night and we'll have quite a drive there and back, he wants to set up a table at a small local art festival instead to try and sell a few of his paintings. I'd go by myself but my car is a total piece of shit with a rejected inspection sticker and brake problems. So I told him I'd give him a hand setting up his table since I don't know anyone else that'd want to go and I gotta do something on my days off. The festival starts early in the afternoon and the parties not til 9 so maybe if we finish up early I can still talk him into driving to Philly. Regardless I'm definitely going to one of these parties eventually since now I'm syked for one and apparently they have one every month, except for next month because of the summer fest in MD that (I can't afford), then July I'll be in California. So we'll see what's up when I get back in august. Sux bein a poor kid. Thanks for all the replies though. peace


--------------------
SATAN?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: psytrance party [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #10347724 -

AdrianPsy said:
The psytrance parties in Australia are amazing. We have a lot of them out in the bush. We call them 'doofs'. I've only been to two and both were incredible. The people, the atmosphere, the music, the decor, the outdoors! I can't get enough of it.

It's a great place to take LSD too (at least in the bush).

You should love it.. I hope :laugh:

But yeah. Expect a very different crowd to your usual rave or club. Tell us how it goes if you do go :smile:



Fuck yeah! Where are you in Australia? I went to a massive doof last weekend called Shroomed - Tetrameth and Shadow FX played and that alone would have made it the best thing ever. Doofs are the bomb, psy-trance inside is alright, but nothing beats a head full of acid and MDMA and stomping around for hours until the sun comes up.

:heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* australia psytrance scene reminds me of california rave scene in the early-mid 90s (pics) kaiowas 2,134 18 11/20/05 12:07 AM
by LiQuidSlim
* Australian journey, shroomery love, huge mushrooms, parties and acid (with pics!) kaiowas 1,580 11 06/24/05 07:22 PM
by kaiowas
* psytrance kaiowas 838 16 11/20/05 04:20 PM
by kaiowas
* First Psytrace party mntlfngrs 624 17 09/09/05 01:38 PM
by NewAgeDiciple
* My first trance party! esin 1,564 11 12/14/02 12:54 PM
by Strumpling
* Goa Party nyc tonight after 12 learning_byte 1,493 10 10/27/05 12:10 PM
by learning_byte
* goa party tonight
( 1 2 all )
stefan 2,621 24 10/01/05 06:33 AM
by stefan
* do you like psytrance? wrestler_az 572 18 07/28/06 08:06 PM
by Hanky

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,953 topic views. 8 members, 272 guests and 249 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.