Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals
    #10337397 -

Bad manners or good sense??

The last big festival that I went to I pretty much kept a lock on my tent zipper whenever I wasn't gonna be around it.  But I didn't really notice anybody else doing that so I felt kinda weird about it.  The atmosphere at a festival is supposed to be kinda carefree.  So on one hand I feel like I'm being an ass by just doing that.  But then the sensible side of me says, "But yeah, what's the alternative?  Potentially have your valuables ripped off?"  You don't want that either.  As much as we'd like to think that everybody at a festival is a kind soul with a good sense of morals, it's just not the case.  There's assholes everywhere.

So what then?  Should I just say fuck it and keep my costlies on lock if I'm concerned about it?  There's even the chance that somebody could bust into your tent thinking it was theirs and, "Ooohh hey, it's an ipod!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: truffleupagus]
    #10337406 -

No I've seen unlocked tents slashed just 'cause that's easier than finding the zipper.

Stash your stuff in a locked car.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: truffleupagus]
    #10337411 -

What valuables do you keep in your tent?

My wallet and phone, which are always on me, are the most "valuable" things I bring to a fest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: moeshroom]
    #10337419 -

Locking a tent is pretty pointless IMO. It won't stop someone from breaking into your tent and you will probably just draw attention. A locked tent is more likely to contain valuables than one that isn't locked. I guess that's what the thief would think anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: moeshroom]
    #10337431 -

shrems said:
Stash your stuff in a locked car.



Best advice right there :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: truffleupagus]
    #10337443 -

shrems said:
No I've seen unlocked tents slashed just 'cause that's easier than finding the zipper.

Stash your stuff in a locked car.



qft.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: Kamek]
    #10337456 -

Good thoughts.

I guess I just wanted some opinions because I've already been to the festival that I'm going to in a couple weeks.  And the parking area is a nice little trek from where the camping is.  But I'll probably be bouncing around a lot anyway so it might be doable to just keep things locked in my car.  I guess I'll bring a little lock but try to not give myself a reason to need it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: tpihkal]
    #10337464 -

seriously leave vauables in the car or at home only bring stuff your willing to have fucked up to hell.


pretty much all i got with me is phone and keys i can leave wallet in the car tho if im gona bring money usually in zipper pocket i also carry a camelbak sometimes put certain items in it.

aside from that i bring the basic glow stuff, trip toys, extra blankets, pillow,and a cooler tho usually a friend brings the cooler and beer. personally i dont trust hippies at all i have seen my share of shady hippie shit. my least favorite thing about festis is all the fucking really wierd hippies too far gone for me to relate to in any way. specially when they come sit in your camp site and like dont want to leave. on the other hand theres some good ones out there but i feel like they are really balanced on their good and bad ones its like 50/50 cause 90% of hippies look the other way when their fuck up friend does fucked up shit but might not do fucked up shit themselves


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: thedudenj]
    #10337494 -

thedudenj said:
my least favorite thing about festis is all the fucking really wierd hippies too far gone for me to relate to in any way.



Yeah, we've seen some of them. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: truffleupagus]
    #10337625 -

Keep stuff hidden in the car and lock it up. There's no way to protect a tent.. Keep like $100 in your pocket and that's it. Don't carry a wallet that shit can get picked in a crowd do easy. Don't put anything in a back pocket.. Keep just cash in one of your front pockets or a zipper pocket. Then just go about your day..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: 79towncar]
    #10337630 -

BURY your valuables under your tent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: Kamek]
    #10337645 -

Kamek said:
Locking a tent is pretty pointless IMO. It won't stop someone from breaking into your tent and you will probably just draw attention. A locked tent is more likely to contain valuables than one that isn't locked. I guess that's what the thief would think anyway.



^^^ this

How hard is it to cut a tent to get inside?

If someone wanted the stuff in your tent a lock isn't going to do anything but let a thief know that there are goodies in that tent.

:2cents:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: druqs]
    #10337651 -

mycelismymind said:
BURY your valuables under your tent.



better yet, bury them under your neighbors tent. :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a lock on your tent at festivals [Re: niteowl]
    #10337652 -

Its funny how the human mind, and psychology kinda suggest that your lock is a invitation to break in. If people are scouting random tends to break into, who's are they gonna go with first?


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Phish Festival
( 1 2 all )
Juggtop 4,664 23 06/10/04 03:01 PM
by Juggtop
* Keeping kids OUT of the shroomery... (*LOCK*)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Rustik 13,943 66 05/06/03 02:02 PM
by Rustik
* Some good gatherings/festivals in the NE this summer? Delyrium 1,795 15 05/30/03 01:30 PM
by Anonymous
* The Festival Express is coming! (it's here!) kindkesey 1,995 16 11/02/04 02:43 PM
by Silven
* Complete List of Festivals??? phishman13 982 9 03/12/04 10:27 AM
by greenhaze
* Festivals//concerts. Intheneed 1,268 5 03/26/03 03:14 PM
by bjkroll
* Planning a shroomerite tent for bonnaroo Turd 901 5 04/16/04 04:30 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Boom Festival esin 830 3 01/27/08 03:28 PM
by fipsy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
764 topic views. 4 members, 97 guests and 144 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.