Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineanemone
free at last
Loc: barely there
When it rains it pours
    #1032656 - 11/07/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Wherever bad things happen to me, they happen all at once. Me and my boyfriend broke up about a month ago, but we were still good friends, so it was kinda okay.
About a week ago I was put on suspension from my job because bank deposits kept coming up missing from the safe. I was the manager and had the only key to the safe. So even though I didn't do it I was blamed. It would take someone very stupid to steal when they have the only key. If I was gonna steal I would be alot smarter then that..I mean c'mon give me a little credit. This really sucked because I loved my job. A few days after my suspension my ex decided to stop talking to me completey because of things other people were saying. Then a couple days later my best friend, who also was one of my employees, sent me an e-mail about the lies I've been telling her and said we were no longer friends. Okay, I have no idea what the hell she is talking about. I asked her but she won't tell me. I just don't understand. She also hangs with my ex because they have been friends before I even met them which is also hard. So ya, After the suspension I got fired from my job after a week of my district manager fighting with corporate to keep me on. He knew I was one of the best employees. So life completely sucks...ya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: When it rains it pours [Re: anemone]
    #1032715 - 11/07/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Is there an upside?

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
    #1033195 - 11/07/02 04:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I know exactly what you're talking about.  My best friend won't talk to me anymore cuz of something my ex-gf told her.  She told her I was obsessed and stalking her to get back at me.  Now my friend hates me, won't listen/believe anything I say either.  It fucking sucks.  She was my best friend for like 4 or 5 years, and now its all over coz my bitch of an ex has a chip on her shoulder.

But y'know what?  I realized that, I apreciate all the things my friend did for me, but if she's gonna throw it all away over what my ex told her (which isn't true), fuck her, I don't need her.  She's not a good friend.  Life will move on.  This shit happens to everyone at some point or another.  You just gotta not let it bother you.  Too much anyways.  :wink:

Good luck

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1033391 - 11/07/02 05:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The least she can do is give you an explanation, if she can't even do that... fuck her. Generally there is a point at which friends just sort of drift apart, maybe this is that time for you and her. And your job... you'll get another one, you'll like it, you'll get paid. You may not be a manager anymore, but maybe not having that weight on your shoulders will be good for you right now considering all of the other stresses you are taking on. And your ex... I'm not even going to touch that one, we've already talked about it. And I don't think it was just what other people were saying that bothered him, I think it was the fact that it re-enforced everything he already thought (or knew for that matter, whether he wanted to admit it to himself or not... that is if you are talking about what you told me when he quit talking to you). You still got me whenever you need me, and that girl that carried your drunk ass around last night :wink:

Keep your head up... you can't enjoy a sunrise if the sun never sets. :smile:   

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: When it rains it pours [Re: frogsheath]
    #1035491 - 11/08/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>Is there an upside?

Always.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: When it rains it pours [Re: Smack31]
    #1035892 - 11/08/02 11:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Keep your head up... you can't enjoy a sunrise if the sun never sets.

I really like that one! Thanks!

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
Re: When it rains it pours [Re: Smack31]
    #1036149 - 11/08/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

<< The least she can do is give you an explanation, if she can't even do that... fuck her. >>

I agree with Smack 31 on that. If she was a real friend to you, she could at least let you in on the "lies" that you told her!

Something similar happened with a girl that used to be my "best friend". She wrote some shit on the computer about me, when I found it I asked her what it was all about & she never really told me. We never talked again after that... it was all good, I obviously wasn't missing out on a good friend ship! Doesn't seem like you are either! Just look on the bright side, at least now you know that she is not a good friend.

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

Offlinesatellite
now here man
    #1036983 - 11/08/02 04:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

And now for something somewhat different:

Mercury and Venus were retrograde simultaneously during the time when all this crap came down on you - that's the bad news. The good news is Mercury's back already and Venus' retrograde ends in about a week. Misunderstandings, especially in relationships, should begin to improve right...about...NOW!

In my circle of friends I tend to be the one who gets to hear everybody's problems and you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many marriages, relationships, and job scenes have been on the rocks in the past 6 or so weeks. Having the cosmos on your side won't fix your problems but at least you won't be swimming upstream when you try to fix them yourself. Good luck!

--------------------
~ Satellite

...The colours in my life are all different somehow...

Offlineanemone
free at last
Loc: barely there
Re: When it rains it pours [Re: satellite]
    #1037667 - 11/08/02 09:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey... I like that.

Thanks for everyone's input. And Doobie is right, there is always an upside. First of all I got to hang out with some people the other night that I probably never would have if it wasn't for the current situation, and had a very good time. I also have had alot of time to think things over and have decided my life needed a change anyway. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. I'm sure everything will turn out fine. I almost moved in with this bitch that I thought was my friend so I'm glad I know what I know now.

and I might be getting an even better job...it is still in the works.

Offlinesatori85
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5521342 - 04/16/06 03:00 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Just try not to focuss so much on the bad. ANybody can focuss just on bad things and keep dwelling on it, its all temporary and will be other with sooner or later even if it does not feel like it.

Jump to top Pages: 1