Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
.
    #10287601 -

.


--------------------
.

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10287613 -

Ya dude I'm baked and that was trippy as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10287656 -

I just recently watched a few videos on YouTube that did the exact same comparisons with the planets and different size stars. I also watched a video that put the stars' and galaxies' sizes into proportion along with the distances. It is impossible to fathom just how large our universe is. I really like these types of examples because it's probably the best way to grasp some understanding of just how huge our universe is. We don't even know just how big it is. That's why scientists use the terms "known universe" when referring to it. I'm glad you posted this pic because it pretty much sums up the videos I watched all in one example.


--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: NlightNd1]
    #10287710 -

:wowz:


this is awesome. i am astonished.


--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: showme]
    #10287790 -



--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: niteowl]
    #10287894 -

Great find dude!! Awsome...though I noticed that a couple of the pics were the same pic with the color adjusted. Look at the edges of betelgeuse and arcturus, same pic but rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Maybe they used the same pic to just use as examples is all. Whatever though, still an awsome pic. Thanks for posting it!


--------------------
Wir sind nicht so gut, versuchen Sie besser zu allen Zeiten und um Vergebung bitten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: Psilomind]
    #10288003 -

Psilomind said:
Great find dude!! Awsome...though I noticed that a couple of the pics were the same pic with the color adjusted. Look at the edges of betelgeuse and arcturus, same pic but rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Maybe they used the same pic to just use as examples is all. Whatever though, still an awsome pic. Thanks for posting it!



yeah you are right it is the same pic, lol.

this is still awesome though, i love the universe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: psilyguy]
    #10288186 -

video is incredible as well. I AM SMALL


--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10288299 -

Should be required viewing material for the people that think they have it all figured out in terms of live and existence.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: The_Ghost]
    #10288329 -

Haha I'm listening to Binary Star right now!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #10288348 -

6 grams of mush made me realise just how insignificant we really are.
cool pic


--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10288366 -

Nice find OP.

Ive had that picture as my desktop before.

Always amazes me how infinitesimally small we are, and how immensely big we can dream.

Great post, the human mind should always be in flux, else we go idle and fuck up.

And my current desktop, very small but still profound i think.

The triangle shadow is from the mountain, and the moon is in the shadow.

[image][/image]


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10288388 -

In the fifth pic down the sun is shown in comparison to our solar system. It looks kind of big, is the sun really that large?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: DimensionX]
    #10288397 -

yes


sun = 1,400,000 KM

Earth = 39,000 KM



roughly


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #10288613 -

ThirdEyeOpening said:
yes


sun = 1,400,000 KM

Earth = 39,000 KM



roughly



The sun's a lot more than 3 times our size..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: Synesthetic]
    #10288683 -

That was awesome!
I start getting a little anxious and uneasy
when presented with very understandle
examples of Mass, Volume, and Age.

Scary-Cool Stuff!:thumbup:

Still kinda want to use Jupiter in a Rube Goldberg:strokebeard:


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #10288703 -

Sure it's big... but is it LONGCAT big?



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: Synesthetic]
    #10288724 -

Synesthetic said:
ThirdEyeOpening said:
yes


sun = 1,400,000 KM

Earth = 39,000 KM



roughly



The sun's a lot more than 3 times our size..



Oh man, I hope this was a joke.


--------------------
Problem, officer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: DimensionX]
    #10288795 -

DimensionX said:
In the fifth pic down the sun is shown in comparison to our solar system. It looks kind of big, is the sun really that large?



yeh im sure thats wrong, the suns biiiiig, but it aint 1/4 the size of the solar system surely =O

..oh also i like that galaxy which shouldnt actually exist due to its size using our physics..insignificant humans lol

longcat is epic


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Very cool, trippy, LARGE picture that I think you'll all enjoy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10288801 -

Its examples like this that weird me out for long, long periods of time.


--------------------
No signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* . AnonymousRabbit 1,228 8 05/11/09 04:36 PM
by Big_Whoop
* How fuckin trippy is this. fjbk47985 919 11 08/10/03 01:26 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Hubble Deep Field and Ultra Deep Field Images EndlessNameless 463 1 11/05/06 01:01 PM
by angryshroom
* Telescopes/. JaRRn 1,176 10 02/14/05 07:10 AM
by niteowl
* anyone enjoi the deftones.....then read......... defsk8tone 1,100 7 04/28/03 12:47 AM
by SoundsOfWar
* The Hubble Ultra Deep Field >IN 3D< Frost 828 12 08/15/09 08:25 PM
by Green_T
* Replacing the Hubble Coaster 600 8 08/17/08 11:51 PM
by PhanTomCat
* cool space/ hubble pics? kintos 315 0 06/15/07 11:33 PM
by kintos

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,600 topic views. 4 members, 68 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.