Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10285022 -

Jack Albertson said:
Geomancer said:
Jack Albertson said:
The funny thing is people never really have a good reason to dislike him




Lol, are you serious?



ok then why dont you like him?



Because he is a profiteering tool that takes advantage of other peoples insecure delusions to make himself wealthy.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: JT]
    #10285029 -

justin_thyme said:
Jack Albertson said:
Ferris said:
It's not censorship when it's a private free webhost :shrug:

I bet they asked for a slice of the boatloads of money he's earning from the whackos, and he probably said no and called em government shills or space aliens or somethin



he doesnt actually make that much money. he makes a decent living, and uses the rest for making documentaries and whatnot. (according to him)




that's what jim jones said too.

and it's not just infowars specific stuff that he pushes. he has a ton a shoddy advertisers that love to prey on his audience with super water filtration systems and cell phone x-ray filters and similar shit. he scares them with his conspiracy theories and then convinces them they need to waste money on this stuff in order to be safe.



i happen to listen to his show nearly everyday. He mostly pushes this thing that filters water using the humidity in the air, solar powered generators, stun guns and self defense tools, and seeds that are not genetically modified. I dont see anything wrong with any of those products. and comparing him to jim jones is ridiculous. Alex jones is just putting information out there. this isnt a cult.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10285042 -

blewmeanie said:
Jack Albertson said:
Geomancer said:
Jack Albertson said:
The funny thing is people never really have a good reason to dislike him




Lol, are you serious?



ok then why dont you like him?



Because he is a profiteering tool that takes advantage of other peoples insecure delusions to make himself wealthy.



im pretty sure youre talking about rush. how is showing people government documents and confronting congressman taking advantage  of insecure delusions?


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: JT]
    #10285077 -

justin_thyme said:
Jack Albertson said:
Ferris said:
It's not censorship when it's a private free webhost :shrug:

I bet they asked for a slice of the boatloads of money he's earning from the whackos, and he probably said no and called em government shills or space aliens or somethin



he doesnt actually make that much money. he makes a decent living, and uses the rest for making documentaries and whatnot. (according to him)




that's what jim jones said too.

and it's not just infowars specific stuff that he pushes. he has a ton a shoddy advertisers that love to prey on his audience with super water filtration systems and cell phone x-ray filters and similar shit. he scares them with his conspiracy theories and then convinces them they need to waste money on this stuff in order to be safe.



I suppose clean water and self sufficient food supplies are just a waste. Its all useless money pushin junk. I suppose since alex tells the truth he's not allowed to provide for his family and keep things running. Lets all rely on the police state to protect you and your rights. The city can always supply power & water no matter what. It's not like we've ever had a food crises. Read some history books about these inbred freaks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: bloomersooner]
    #10285108 -

some of them might be useful, yeah. my grandpa buys all that stuff though and it's cheap as hell. they are trying to rip off people who don't know any better.

the most specific instance i can recall was a "biochip" he got from calling a number on one of alex jone's commercials. the company sent him a video about how cells phones emitted dangerous microwaves and xrays that were slowly frying people's brains. he paid $200 for each chip and got like 5 (!) of them for the family. i cracked mine open and it was nothing but a piece of plastic with a rubber o-ring inside lol.

my grandpa is pretty gullible, as are a most of alex jone's listeners.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: bloomersooner]
    #10285127 -

I have no problem with Alex Jones making a couple bucks from donations and selling useful products.  There's a bit of an ethics problem with aura surrounding the sales pitch, but I'll forgive it, since most of these people would seek these survivalist products elsewhere if it weren't there, to fulfill a need for security (or at a minimum a sense of it).

I think I'd rather spend the money I have on a jug of iodine tablets and a good camp stove, than on a fancy water filter, with a filter that won't be replaceable when the going really gets tough (or if I'm mistaken and it doesn't need a filter, I bet it still breaks down after a couple years of constant use, whereas a stove lasts a lifetime).

See, I mean, I'm an Eagle Scout, I understand the more general theory here of being able to remain independent of society in time of need.  Not once though was I ever told it was imminent though, nor do I believe that he's being ingenuous


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: Ferris]
    #10285138 -

Quote:
the most specific instance i can recall was a "biochip" he got from calling a number on one of alex jone's commercials. the company sent him a video about how cells phones emitted dangerous microwaves and xrays that were slowly frying people's brains. he paid $200 for each chip and got like 5 (!) of them for the family. i cracked mine open and it was nothing but a piece of plastic with a rubber o-ring inside lol.



Ya, that's a pretty good example of an unethical product to hock


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: bloomersooner]
    #10285151 -

bloomersooner said:
b0red5tiff said:
:congrats: it's about time that slime got off youtube.



great freedom of speech advocate right there. more censorship is so necessary. It's only a conspiracy theory if you chose not to believe it, or don't research. The FACTS are out there. And the powers that be openly admit it, and brag about it. I pray for you all.



How does 'censorship' come into play? It's a private site. Alex Jones is free to open his own website, anywhere on the World Wide Web, and pay for bandwidth himself.

That's freedom of speech right there.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: JT]
    #10285180 -

justin_thyme said:
some of them might be useful, yeah. my grandpa buys all that stuff though and it's cheap as hell. they are trying to rip off people who don't know any better.

the most specific instance i can recall was a "biochip" he got from calling a number on one of alex jone's commercials. the company sent him a video about how cells phones emitted dangerous microwaves and xrays that were slowly frying people's brains. he paid $200 for each chip and got like 5 (!) of them for the family. i cracked mine open and it was nothing but a piece of plastic with a rubber o-ring inside lol.

my grandpa is pretty gullible, as are a most of alex jone's listeners.



im sorry you got dissatisfaction from a product. But you should considered initial costs it takes to produce it. Not to mention relatively low sales given a minority demographic. But you shouldnt necessarily discredit alex bc of someone elses high priced product. That would be similar to someone discrediting Rush bc Im dissatisfied with GM vehicles. Radio revolves around advertising and the alex crew does what it can to filter junk. But the information is more important than advertisements. Without advertisements there couldnt be a show, unless there's donations, I guess youd rather they need to beg? Atleast he's not "selling out" to higher paying advertisers like GM and Viagra

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: bloomersooner]
    #10285236 -

Quote:
But you should considered initial costs it takes to produce it.



What kind of production costs?  Sounds like a simple insulator, which would cost maybe a buck in material at most, and few bucks to produce, a dozen to package and ship, and maybe 20 bucks advertising to convince some tool to buy this junk.  So 40 bucks tops, 50 for a generous overhead.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: Doc_T]
    #10285239 -

You tube has been going to shit anyway,half of my playlist is gone because of copywrite bullshit ..fuck em,this just proves they suck ...

Next it will your videos getting blocked for some off the wall reason,then I will see you posting and crying on how youtube is not fair.It`s always ok when it`s done to others ,but let it happen to you and the bitching will start........

I think the next sect of propaganda that needs to come down is all the vids on religeon....that shit is the scourge of youtube.After all it would only be fair,they pump a unproven god to the masses and have them doing way worse shit than alex jones.

I wonder if everyone that thinks this is fine will feel the same way when they shut the shroomery down ...after all most people think drugs are bad and this is full of nothing but that,if it was put to a public vote ,most would want this site off the internet...just something to think about.

Every day it`s headed that way ...other countries want to censor the internet,the gov want`s controll of the internet..........people like alex jones are first and then sites like this are somewhere next on the list....might not be this year or next ,but the day will come when she is shut down or heavily modified,when you endorse alex being removed ,you endorse your own downfall.

As soon as you say alex or the kkk has no right to speak ,you doom yourself to the same fate,after all the reality is ,this site would not be seen in a good light by most of society.......just saying this is how censorship starts to get a foothold.

I dont care for alex jones or the kkk ,but I want freedom of speach ,so I have to support thier right to it also.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: Doc_T]
    #10285245 -

Doc_T said:
bloomersooner said:
b0red5tiff said:
:congrats: it's about time that slime got off youtube.



great freedom of speech advocate right there. more censorship is so necessary. It's only a conspiracy theory if you chose not to believe it, or don't research. The FACTS are out there. And the powers that be openly admit it, and brag about it. I pray for you all.



How does 'censorship' come into play? It's a private site. Alex Jones is free to open his own website, anywhere on the World Wide Web, and pay for bandwidth himself.

That's freedom of speech right there.



I puposely phrased it that way bc I agree youtube has that right. I was calling him an advocate of people like that want everything alex jones related banned. Whether its illegal-legal censorship. Its censorship. Just like shroomery can censor whatever they please. Because its a private site. I posted this not to expect a legal action. But if a bar banned smoking, you could explain your distaste to the owner

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: bloomersooner]
    #10285265 -

Seems to be working just fine to me ,they just took down his person channel rights.....all videos are still on youtube....








I still say he deserves freedom of speach like everyone else ,but they simply took his channel rights away....all his material is still there and he can upload new videos anytime....This is not really that big of a deal actually,there is just no alex jones channel.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: AloneInKyoto27]
    #10285392 -

AloneInKyoto27 said:
bloomersooner said:
I agree Youtube has a right to do whatever they want with their site. But you can't argue it's censored and inconsistent. It's so ammusing to watch people in denial over the new world order (which isn't made up, it's their god damned term)



Alright, I'll ask it again.

If you believe in all this evil New World Order stuff - What Now?????



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: AloneInKyoto27]
    #10285485 -

Thats up to you.......you need to lead around like a dog...I could tell you what to do ,but you would not listen anyway ,so I dont waste my time anymore....enjoy.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: unretarded]
    #10285518 -

I don't feel the need to anything. I'm speaking about the people who believe in all of this stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: AloneInKyoto27]
    #10285528 -

You know the moon exists ...so I ask what do you do now....it`s a shit question.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: unretarded]
    #10285533 -

No, it's not. I don't have any problem with the moon existing. The people that believe in the Alex Jones stuff have a huge problem with the "truth" that he speaks of.

See the difference?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: AloneInKyoto27]
    #10285541 -

No,information is information......there is no manditory action needed.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Jones suspended from YouTube. [Re: bloomersooner]
    #10285557 -

Quote:
bloomersooner said: I was calling him an advocate of people like that want everything alex jones related banned. Whether its illegal-legal censorship. Its censorship. Just like shroomery can censor whatever they please.



It's not censorship- you are using the word incorrectly.
Plus, what does that first sentence mean?

But it's not censorship. You can stand on a street corner and say anything you like. You can't do it on my front porch without my permission. The Intertubez is free- YouTube is private property.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alex Jones interviews Tommy Chong about american drug war
( 1 2 all )
Visionary Tools 3,156 22 05/14/08 01:54 AM
by WakeboardrB
* Alex Jones Detained on Orders of Bilderberg Group
( 1 2 all )
aNeway2sayHooray 3,047 20 06/11/06 02:01 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Alex Jones?
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 3,226 22 01/23/08 11:09 PM
by LosAngelesGraff
* ENDGAME - Alex Jones
( 1 2 all )
casgoodie 3,300 22 02/05/08 03:41 PM
by Cowgold
* Alex Jones, What do you think of him? Rahie 1,058 15 03/26/07 04:45 PM
by MushmanTheManic
* Alex Jones.....
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 2,160 20 12/08/08 05:55 AM
by it stars saddam
* Does anyone trust Alex Jones Jack Albertson 1,469 13 08/08/07 01:08 AM
by vladk
* alex jones Bridgeburner 862 12 06/27/08 12:48 PM
by just_v

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
11,337 topic views. 2 members, 244 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.