Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
turkey habitat
    #1024778 -

  :grin: :grin: :grin:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1024794 -

I'm going turkey hunting next weekend. I'm going to bag at least 2 birds. One I will cook up in the classic Thanksgiving style, and the other will be used for the "black turkey recipie" that was posted recently in the creative arst forum.
I'm taking my 20 ga. and my 410. The 12 ga. will stay at homethis time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1024798 -

Pretty! Especially the first picture in the woods. You get wild turkey there? :cool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1024808 -

Looks pretty good, you see many Turkeys around there?


--------------------


The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1024854 -

I don't hunt --though I'd be interested in bowhunting.  I've seen a few turkeys running away on paths or roadsides in this area of northeastern Illinois.  They were generally big --at least 2-3 feet tall-- black, and quite fast.  They would be mighty hard to hit with an arrow.  Shotgun --no problem.  There's a really cool campground called Wooded Wonderland --no facilities at all, just a lot of wooded hills and ravines.  The guy who owns it must let hunters use the land 'cuz there's a few tree-stands and feed laying on the ground along some trails.  His land is where I've seen the turkeys.  On top of the hill generally on the edge of pine groves: :smile: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1024924 -

I just realized I said northeastern Illinois --I meant north western Illinois --within view of the Mississippi River and Wisconsin and Iowa.
  Here's a pic of a waterfall in Starved Rock State Park in north central Illinois on the Illinois River: :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: superpimp]
    #1024941 -

I saw that recipe. Good luck hunting. You're in Philly, so where do you go, Jersey? I've been through Jersey and lived in Bergen County. South Jersey seems more interesting to me --the Pine Barrens. Pennsylvania rocks from what I've seen --the Susquahanna River is about all unfortunately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1025085 -

If anybody wants a cool aerial shot of the midwest and western states during fire season go to: geology 101 Click on the thumbnail of the western states fireseason. I just found it. Cool!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1025165 -

This is in central New York State I gather.  Whoa! :ooo:  It's not mine.  I found it while doing a word search for Cascadilla Gorge.

Edited by frogsheath (11/05/02 05:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1025391 -

I'll be hunting in Northampton County PA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1026206 -

The turkeys where my parents live are really aggressive. They will run out in the middle of the road and challenge a car. Nice pictures! The first one makes me think of a place I've gone hiking at called summit rock. It's got a great view and nice trails. I had a pic of myself on top of it but I'm not sure where it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Morphrying]
    #1026458 -




This is a nice little creek in a beech-maple forest in eastern central Illinois

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Morphrying]
    #1026572 -

Wooah!  The turkeys stand off a car?  The ones I saw were scared of me. They stayed way ahead on the trail.  I forgot to mention that campground is across the road from a huge hemp field.  It was kinda cool to discover.  I harvested some of the weed.  It was actually not bad.  It was very minty tasting and not harsh but barely got you buzzed.  It's just fun to walk through a field of primarily cannabis plants 4 to 8 feet tall.  I'll definitely go in that field and get some pictures to post here.  i never brought a camera out there.  The last time i hopped the fence was several years ago.  It will be my assignment this summer. :cool: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Morphrying]
    #1027438 -

Quote:
The turkeys where my parents live are really aggressive. They will run out in the middle of the road and challenge a car.




Maybe they thought they were chickens.  :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Superficial]
    #1028214 -

Heh he. Then there's the prairie chickens. I'm not sure about them. I've seen another flightless bird running by the roadside --perhaps a ruffed grouse?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1028237 -

I think I saw a turkey here once, but under the circumstances, I may be wrong...


--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Penguin]
    #1028293 -

Winter looks good! :cool: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1028647 -

All this bird communication is getting me excited.  :grin:  Yes, I'm strange.  The coolest bird sighting I had on my last trip to southern Illinois was a dead tree full of vultures.  It was a half-hour before sunset.  It just looked creepy.  Heard all kinds of cool bird sounds at night too.  :cool: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: frogsheath]
    #1030034 -

They are mean turkeys. They travel in packs. There were some on my parents property for a while nesting, they were afraid, but the ones on the road won't move even if I am going 40-50 mph. I think people out there feed them and maybe that domesticates them or something. Chickens produce a whole lot of shit! It's kinda weird how the color of the chicken affects the color of the eggs. I like creeks too, they are really relaxing to listen to and throwing rocks in the water helps me mellow out a whole bunch if I am feeling uptight. I like the different reeds and grasses near creeks too. I have noticed some gravelly creek areas are overrun with fast moving spiders.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: turkey habitat [Re: Morphrying]
    #1031445 -

Most chickens lay brown eggs. The white eggs you get in stores are from Leghorn chickens, they're like bionic egg laying chickens. Some austrolorp chickens lay blue or green eggs.





--------------------


The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Eastern Vs. Western views on Suicide? Madtowntripper 1,819 17 03/06/06 05:03 PM
by InTheFlesh714
* Beautiful things to see in Western America
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 4,323 34 03/03/05 03:56 PM
by WoodsCall
* western washington people Turd 882 8 05/26/05 10:56 PM
by tomk
* Beautiful Campgrounds on the West razmablues 307 0 02/26/08 11:24 PM
by razmablues
* Hipster: The Dead End of Western Civilization
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 4,345 39 09/09/08 03:25 PM
by Boots
* 'Shroom gathering in South Africa ... Western Cape ratshit 1,874 2 01/14/10 12:14 AM
by cptguy
* recommend me some westerns
( 1 2 all )
DR. PRIME 3,139 28 01/25/09 12:25 AM
by DR. PRIME
* Westerns DrCamacho89 896 10 05/10/07 05:07 PM
by ToTheSummit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,005 topic views. 4 members, 22 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.