Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
How do you deal with low points in life?
    #9765562 -

Right now i am in a low point in my life, i am now currently unemployed (got layed off recently) and i am very aware of how shitty my life is going right now.  I'm kinda depressed about it.  I'm not depressed like "omg i hate my self :suicide:" but more like "What am i going to do with my life now?  I have no idea what is next for me in life.  And i have no income."

I usually deal with these situations with drugs.  Opiates, cocaine and other drugs that allow me to forget about how shitty my situation is and feel a temporary fix for my problem.  But im running out of money, this isn't really an option anymore.

I don't know what to do with my life:sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9765702 -

i went back to school, quit making excuses for myself, and switched positions at work to be a sales rep, then got on my grind.

i dont have much free time anymore, but i like making money and improving myself more than being comfortable and lazy like i used to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9765730 -

I went through a similar period some years ago. I honestly didn't know who I was, or who I would ever become. I had no career, no education, no love in my life, nothing. It was tough. I felt like the biggest failure in the universe.

What I did to help pull myself out of the abyss was to start making a teeny tiny list every morning. My first lists were really small. I just had things like:

1. Clean the bathroom
2. Say Hi to someone who looks friendly when I'm out on a walk.

Just simple things that helped keep me connected to reality. I don't know why I started doing this. I just did. Doing simple things make me feel like I accomplished something, even if it was only mopping the floor.

My lists became a little more lengthy. I added things like:

3. Write that Thank You note that is six months overdue
4. Call two friends and ask if they've heard about any jobs

In six months I had more of a life. And in a year, I was making much bigger goals.

I hope this helps, and I wish you some peace in your life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #9765753 -

I don't sit still. When I'm depressed or at a low point, I actually get more shit done because I force myself to stay busy.

You have to be like a shark - shark's die if they stop moving. That's just how I deal with bad times - I make sure I go out and about and keep on my grind. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #9765785 -

I don't stay busy.  I just sit in my room listening to music.  Sit there and think, i can't stop thinking.  I go out with "friends" and stuff.  Since i moved i don't have any true friends.  I'm not always couped up in my room.  But when im out sometimes i wish i woulda just stayed.... i wouldn't have done anything at home, but its where i feel comfortable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9765813 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I don't stay busy.  I just sit in my room listening to music.  Sit there and think, i can't stop thinking.  I go out with "friends" and stuff.  Since i moved i don't have any true friends.  I'm not always couped up in my room.  But when im out sometimes i wish i woulda just stayed.... i wouldn't have done anything at home, but its where i feel comfortable.



I can kind of relate to this.  I only really bother to socialize with real close friends or family that I am friends with.  But in general I enjoy hanging out in my room more than anything, and being high off marijuana when I don't have anything else to do.

People usually let me down, honestly the only thing I care about is to get a girlfriend but I am in a town where it is hard to find girls so I usually end up staying in my room most of the time but instead of thinking too negatively about it I try to enjoy myself.  Still gotta figure out a fucking career for myself.

My philosophy is to go with the flow and hope for the best. Life can suck sometimes though!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #9765858 -

I really am thinking about moving back home.  I made this decision to leave a really happy life at home.  I had so SOOOO many great friends, not just like people i hang out with, but real true friends.  The kind of people you can talk ANYTHING about with and not be judged, or get talked about.  I had a gf too, she was an amazing girl, my first true love as well.

Then i made this decision to move away, and i think it was a terrible decision.  I'm not really happy, and finding people that are like my friends from home is impossible.  They are totally different people, 100% materialistic, impressing you with their worth and objects.  That doesn't impress me.  And some chick that i was fucking here really liked to buy things with my money, i felt like i was being used and gave her the dump.  Now im just kinda lonely, not really mad about being lonely cuz the people here suck.  But im sad, and just wanna go back to the life i once  had......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9765906 -

At least you get some sex. I haven't been with a girl in around 2 years, my social life sucks in my area!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #9765918 -

Yeah but it wasn't what i was looking for.  I'm looking for an emotional connection (yeah, as a dude it sounds not so macho) but thats what im looking for.  I have done the "lets go out and get layed" thing for a while, and it gets boring and awkward.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9766001 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Yeah but it wasn't what i was looking for.  I'm looking for an emotional connection (yeah, as a dude it sounds not so macho) but thats what im looking for.  I have done the "lets go out and get layed" thing for a while, and it gets boring and awkward.



I'm with you 100%. I was actually never into pointless sex, EVER! As a matter of fact most of my life I have avoided girls that my friends would hang out with cause I hate bitches that are ho-ish or whatever. I'd rather have my self pride than fuck stupid girls for social status or a quickie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9771659 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I don't stay busy.  I just sit in my room listening to music.  Sit there and think, i can't stop thinking.  I go out with "friends" and stuff.  Since i moved i don't have any true friends.  I'm not always couped up in my room.  But when im out sometimes i wish i woulda just stayed.... i wouldn't have done anything at home, but its where i feel comfortable.



Comfort will suck the life right out of you.

I wish I had never wasted so much of my life scrambling to stay comfortable.  God what a waste, years and years of life burned away hiding in whatever made me feel comfortable.

Listen to #4.  Doing stuff is the only way out.  Build something useful.  A career, a skill, a website, a novel, a social network, anything, just don't run and hide from the bad feelings by seeking comfort.  Build stuff even if you don't feel comfortable while you do it.  Progress is a much better feeling than comfort.  Holding comfort above all else is a roadmap straight to hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #9772672 -

im at the point in my life when i need to start making changes as well. ive pulled myself out of the lifestyle, but its hard getting in to a new one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #9773054 -

Change scares me, even if its for the better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9773121 -

best advice
1. buy a cheep shoot gun and ammo
2. go home and load gun
3. turn on we are the champions
4. lie on a bed or the floor( bed is more comfortable)
5.put gun barrel in mouth
6. put foot on trigger
7. pull trigger  with foot

best advice though is make sure you get the job done dont half ass it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #9773155 -

:rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #9773177 -

Anonymous #8 said:
best advice
1. buy a cheep shoot gun and ammo
2. go home and load gun
3. turn on we are the champions
4. lie on a bed or the floor( bed is more comfortable)
5.put gun barrel in mouth
6. put foot on trigger
7. pull trigger  with foot

best advice though is make sure you get the job done dont half ass it



:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9773491 -

Hey man, it's all good that you feel this way. You just have to remember that pain is nothing except a reminder in life that something isn't right, that is all. So obviously you picked up the message, the next step is healing.

For me I reached a fork in the road, finally after spending what felt like an eternity deciding what to do, things sort of fell to place and I just chose something. My girlfriend moved, I moved out of my parents, losing a ton of money, maybe regrets and other choices were confronting me. I began to feel overwhelmed. Not only this, but winter which has never affected me before, I could tell was playing with my mood, and not for the best. The whole world situation that everything is a bit fucked up was getting to me and the only thing I wanted to do was read read read and stay away from people. I knew better than to focus on doom and gloom and to direct my energy else where, but it wasn't easy. Just before I dipped down on the charts, I began to smoke a lot of weed, which is uncharacteristic of me. For a solid month all I did was work a job that was losing a little of it's sparkle in my eyes, getting stoned and slightly drunk mostly by myself and beep bopping around. My best friend would come over here and there, but I felt out of touch with him. Little responsibilities such as keeping the house clean, shoveling snow, EATING, whatever, were going down the drain. I wouldn't call myself a recluse or totally depressed, but I felt out of touch with society, reality, and really down and out in general. I began to get the feeling that life was merely obsessed with it's own beauty and my philosophies on life became rather nihilistic.

At the same time though I was experiencing a break through on my thoughts on diet. I wasn't necessarily putting them to act, but I began to feel confident in my new life style that I wanted. I knew I was craving for change on how I ate. Later those came into fruition, quickly. I also went on the journey to straighten out my political and economic views. I was worried for the future and I figured learning more about the problem would smooth things out, which it did, but I had much more to go.

Than a buddy of mine out of nowhere was fronted some mushrooms. I thought, "Alright, I am determined to get out of this low point." I knew taking this 1/8th of mushrooms that I haven't even tested could really put me up to the test, but for the first time in a long while I felt that little flame in my heart glow. I was determined to confront this and I chose mushrooms as one of the tools. I woke up the next morning, saw the sun was shining, ingested those mushrooms with a smile, felt pumped, drove 5 minutes to the environment I needed to be in, put on those snow shoes that I borrowed, but neglected to use and kept putting off, and began walking up hill.

Without getting into the details, in the end, I was exhausted. My mind went on over drive, confronted my problems head on more or less on accident, and though I came out mentally drained, I realized so many things and that flame grew into a bright light that got me out of that darkness.

It was a combination of needing a little time roll things out, taking medicine such as weed that pushed me against the problem while music helped me relax from it afterwards. Finally to top it off, that sudden energy I needed to break through that barrier.

Now I truly am seeing everything in a whole new light. I agree with those who are saying to keep moving, no matter how it is you move. Doing little things such as cleaning when I had the energy to elevated my mood tremendously.

Stay strong because everyone is in this together. I really care that you get better my friend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #9773631 -

Anonymous #8 said:
best advice
1. buy a cheep shoot gun and ammo
2. go home and load gun
3. turn on we are the champions
4. lie on a bed or the floor( bed is more comfortable)
5.put gun barrel in mouth
6. put foot on trigger
7. pull trigger  with foot

best advice though is make sure you get the job done dont half ass it



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9774115 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I'm not depressed like "omg i hate my self :suicide:"



Already saw the shotgun one coming, that's why put in this disclaimer.  Thanks for the advice tho!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you deal with low points in life? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9774148 -

I was in the biggest hole you can put yourself in. I stopped doing drugs, i stopped drinking, and i stopped feeling with my emotions. I looked at my problems, then i started fixing things. I started off small, then the rest just came along.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
491 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.