Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Motivation
    #9683711 -

I'm a bum.  I hate working.  I've done all sorts of jobs, I've stuck them out - my longest was for 3 years.  I don't smoke pot but I still have no motivation to work.

Even when I had a job I was interested in and enjoyed I still didn't really want to do it.  I'd rather be sat at home playing computer games on my own.

Working is just something you have to do to get money but I don't really want money all I need is enough to keep a roof over my head and food in my belly.

I spose I'm just officially a bum :shrug:

Any advice for getting motivation?  Any fellow bums here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9683731 -

that is retarded?

do you fucking live with your parents or something? how could you not have a job and be independent?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9683819 -

Karma.



Do good with yourself, and you will be happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #9684017 -

Its not retarded I just don't like doing shit that I don't want to do. :shrug:

Yes I currently live with my mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9684122 -

I can relate, only the longest Ive ever worked at a job was 6 months. Also, if I dont have a place to stay Im perfectly content with sleeping on the streets and bumming money off of strangers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #9684864 -

The first step is to stop calling yourself a bum, lazy, etc.

2nd step: Search feature.
Honestly, I'd bet that 100% of your demotivation comes from lack of discipline. Like anything else, motivation is something that you just have to train yourself to do. Once you get in the habbit, it's easy to keep going. Just make yourself meaningful. Don't get up and think "I'm going to sit around". Wake up and say "it's time to go apply for a job or 2 or 3".

Good luck,
- Someone in the same boat as you 2 years ago

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9685366 -

Do what I did:

1) Continue to be a bum until you realize how pathetic and powerless you've become, while the rest of the world has flown by you and is enjoying the good things in life

2) Become depressed and do a lot of drugs and hole up while your already-weak social skills continue to wither

3) Hit rock bottom and realize that you did things the lazy, dumb way the whole time, selling your soul for instant gratification, such that you have no future or self respect and you've got to start, from scratch, making yourself into somebody you can actually stand again

4) Work and plan and strive until you finally become empowered and independent


If life doesn't feel empty yet, just wait, it will come.

Motivation is a myth invented by lazy people as far as I'm concerned.  Once you start to reap the real rewards of work (hint: it's not money) you will know why most people leave sedentary life behind.  The best thing that could happen to you right now is for your mom to kick you out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #9686982 -

maybe you think the only kinds of work are jobs that suck. 

how about thinking of a way to do what you want and get paid.  Barring that figure out a system to hack to make lots of money without much work.  Working 40 hours a week is not motivating.  But doing what you love (or scamming a few hours) is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #9687115 -

Keeper?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9687173 -

Yeah, I'm a bum too. Kinda sucks, don't it?

I just started going to school to study journalism. I figure since all the jobs I can get suck it means I need to educate myself and gain desirable skills.

Until then I'm considering doing a bit of drug dealing on the side.

I'd love to do a scam, but I don't have the balls/know-how.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #9687181 -

If you want motivation here's a tip:  grow up and move out.

Everyone has to work, at the minimum its usually 30+ hours a week.  You might as well spend that time trying to "move up" and better yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #9687183 -

LIES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #9687364 -

Quote:
Everyone has to work



Actually theres plenty of people that don't have to work.

The best method though is to get others to work for you.  i.e manage a business

The only problem is I can't think of a business that would work because it seems everything has been done already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9687416 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Quote:
Everyone has to work



The only problem is I can't think of a business that would work because it seems everything has been done already.



Your business could be just as/more successful if you start the same business someone else has in a different city, or better yet, different state.

Just because someone else has done something before you, doesn't mean your idea wont flourish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #9687508 -

I think food is a good industry but when you look at the costs of renting a shop its insane.

I don't know how people can compete.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9687688 -

Usually, getting to a level where you can mange your own business takes a while and takes some work.

Once you are there, if you think managing a business and other employees doesn't take take work you're delusional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #9687712 -

Obviously :rolleyes:

If you think
Quote:
Everyone has to work



then you're delusional.:ooo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9689421 -

the people who spent one afternoon making the iPhone app ifart are still getting paid for it.  10,000 a day for a couple hours work.  Almost 1 million now.

find better scams.  find stupid people, figure out what they think is shiny, figure out how to herd people with marketing, and get the stupid people to give you the money for your shiny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9690900 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Quote:
Everyone has to work



Actually theres plenty of people that don't have to work.

The best method though is to get others to work for you.  i.e manage a business

The only problem is I can't think of a business that would work because it seems everything has been done already.



Managing a business is work.

I'm starting to think you are a troll.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motivation [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #9693033 -

Somebody else in here said it before launching off on a tangent that I didn't really understand, but I don't really believe "motivation" is real either. Not having it but wanting it is a real holy grail-type situation. You think some mystical understanding, or a lover, or a magical genie will appear and give you the willpower to pick yourself up out of your rut. Personally I just got really sick of the shitty way I was living, and I just couldn't keep abusing myself in terms of diet, drug habits, sleeping habits, activities, lifestyle, etc. It's not a matter of motivation, it's a matter of eventually having taken enough shit from yourself that you don't want to put yourself through it anymore.

Not saying I have everything figured out, far from it. I'm only just beginning to stand up. But I have a momentum I've never felt before, and I realize all I need to do is keep the ball rolling.

A friend of mine said that it's like a boulder; when it's standing still it takes tremendous energy to make it start moving. But once it's rolling it takes almost no energy to keep it moving. That's your life. You don't need "motivation," you just need momentum.

I think that's the ultimate point of adolescence and young adulthood; to see just how far out your threshold for bullshit lies, then to turn away in confidence once you've found it.

Unless, of course, you live to be a bum... that's really your choice. :shrug: I'm sure everybody goes through a different experience to become an active and engaged human being, or whatever else they "want" to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fuck you, Restless
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 812 20 09/09/07 02:28 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
628 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.