Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
optical illusion album cover
    #9128686 -

The new animal collective album cover is trippy as hell. And no, it's not animated or anything. Focus on one leaf to get the movement to stop!



feel free to post any other good ones you know.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: skunkape]
    #9128737 -

This one was hard to believe until I took it into photoshop and chopped it up to see for myself.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9128962 -

One of the best ones IMO.


--------------------
Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9128992 -

Nice, that is one I have not seen before....    :thumbup:


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9129003 -



--------------------
paradis what the fuck is up you phony fuck

She's a freak I'm a geek take a poll G, who got a chance to get in them panties and wax some fannies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: RickJames]
    #9129012 -

hey dude.....if u cross your eyes it doesnt move,thats a fuckin trip dude


--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: pfshroomer]
    #9129033 -

Surprisingly, if you close one eye, it still works....
I thought it would nullify it.....   
I guess, that's what I get for thinking..............


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9129036 -

ToTheSummit said:
This one was hard to believe until I took it into photoshop and chopped it up to see for myself.




If you stare at the top square the bottom one kind of slowly shifts to that color (in peripheral vision)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9129038 -

lol....yeah dude,thats what I thought too
this is pretty interesting how that works
although I dont understand the checkerboard one with the cylinder....???


--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Edited by pfshroomer (10/24/08 09:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: pfshroomer]
    #9129049 -

The labeled squares are actually an identical shade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9129059 -

ToTheSummit said:
This one was hard to believe until I took it into photoshop and chopped it up to see for myself.




I dont get this one?am i suppose to look at it a certain way? what am i looking for?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: TheGiantGnome13]
    #9129063 -

The labeled squares are actually an identical shade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: pfshroomer]
    #9129082 -

:lol:

You have to click the picture so that it enlarges, then you can read the text in the upper left.....    :tongue:


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: Newbie]
    #9129140 -

TheGiantGnome13 said:
ToTheSummit said:
This one was hard to believe until I took it into photoshop and chopped it up to see for myself.




I dont get this one?am i suppose to look at it a certain way? what am i looking for?



NewbieShroomie said:
The labeled squares are actually an identical shade.



this i understand, but still don't see it, guess that is the illusion...anyways, the one on top that moves is much cooler, since i can actually tell what its doing.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: supra]
    #9129184 -

its fucked up but if you go to paint i think they are the same color

or it could be the other way around its anyones guess as im too lazy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9129356 -

ToTheSummit said:
This one was hard to believe until I took it into photoshop and chopped it up to see for myself.




I don't believe that at all.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9129364 -

ToTheSummit said:
This one was hard to believe until I took it into photoshop and chopped it up to see for myself.




I also was skeptical of the checkerboard effect at first, trying to dissect it in my head, knowing that it WAS the same shade but being unable to really see that it was ...

So I, too, blocked off everything else in illustrator (no modifications otherwise) and here it is, right next to the original ...





Crazy, huh?  There is no way I could have seen it otherwise without taking out EVERY contrasting square, and it slowly changed appearance as I blocked out everything else ... and it still looks weird when you compare it to the original RIGHT ABOVE ...

Anyway, the new album cover illusion that OP posted though is off the hook ... very cool!


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: skunkape]
    #9129396 -

Woah, woah, woah. New Animal Collective album?

When did this happen?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9130237 -

Thats fucking dope dude. I love you guys. :heart:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: optical illusion album cover [Re: wildchild68]
    #9130268 -

It hasn't happened yet, but soon don't worry.
December I think? I can't remember.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Optical Illusion of the Day SkorpivoMusterion 1,147 12 08/05/05 09:57 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* album covers in folders of win xp In(di)go 1,348 15 11/18/03 01:13 PM
by In(di)go
* The Optical Illusion Thread
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 2,284 21 01/10/05 11:41 PM
by funkymonk
* optical illusion shirley knott 1,750 10 11/30/04 10:37 AM
by blackroselove
* Do you know this album cover? TheFakeSunRa 765 5 05/04/05 10:14 PM
by Trainwreck
* Best album cover goes to Alex Grey Whoot Whoot Anonymous 719 6 03/18/04 02:21 PM
by Anonymous
* top 5 fav albums..
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 3,639 27 01/19/05 05:29 PM
by drowneduck
* Syd Barrett Solo albums TheMadcap 918 10 07/31/05 12:09 AM
by buckwheat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,627 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 193 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.