It's not possible to gain weight eating a single salad a day. Even if you stay in bed all day long, just the effort of going to the kitchen and making a salad will burn about as many calories as you get from the salad (unless you eat it with a bunch of dressing). Calories DO matter. If you're burning more calories a day than you're consuming, you WILL lose weight (not necessarily quickly, but you will be losing weight). If you can gain weight while consuming less calories than you're burning, then you're violating the laws of physics (1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics).
Boosting your metabolism is an important factor, so you're burning more fat calories and less benign calories.
And the gym buddy thing is also a good idea. I have a friend who I go to the gym with who's losing weight. He doesn't lose it very quickly and gets disheartened, but I keep bugging him to come with me.
|