Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions
    #9086428 -

I can't get really absorbed into anything anymore.  I always try to get involved and interested in things but I find my mind constantly searching for different forms of distraction and entertainment, from day dreaming about many different things to playing video games.  Anybody else experience anything similar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: NastyDHL]
    #9086439 -

Do you smoke a lot of weed all the time?


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: circularvortex]
    #9086499 -

Meditation helps. For the first five or so minutes you'll be thinking "This is stupid, I could be doing (insert activity) now!" But it really does help.

Once you get the hang of it you'll have far greater concentration and a better idea of what really is important. Plus the benefits really go on and on. I consider meditation to be comprable to a very slow, continuous lsd trip.

(obviously not the "trippyness" but that wonderful clear feeling that comes the day after.)


--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9086514 -

i feel ya when i was 18 i could listen to old people tell long stories and love it now i cant listen to a friend "geuss what happend yesterday" stories


--------------------
yellow red black and white cometogether as humans and fallow the path the creater intended

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: circularvortex]
    #9086520 -

Nope, I'm 20, smoked weed first when I was 14, smoked when very often from 16 up until about 3 months ago where I have smoked probably 10 times since then, mostly in about a week span a month ago where I smoked everyday. 

Anyways, I don't really smoke anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9086535 -

AltecLansing said:
Meditation helps. For the first five or so minutes you'll be thinking "This is stupid, I could be doing (insert activity) now!" But it really does help.

Once you get the hang of it you'll have far greater concentration and a better idea of what really is important. Plus the benefits really go on and on. I consider meditation to be comprable to a very slow, continuous lsd trip.

(obviously not the "trippyness" but that wonderful clear feeling that comes the day after.)



I know exactly what you mean.  I used to meditate a few times a week and now I can't even concentrate enough to meditate!  I try to but I find my mind attempting to continually distract myself with different day dreams and ideas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9086538 -

AltecLansing said:
Meditation helps. For the first five or so minutes you'll be thinking "This is stupid, I could be doing (insert activity) now!" But it really does help.

Once you get the hang of it you'll have far greater concentration and a better idea of what really is important. Plus the benefits really go on and on. I consider meditation to be comprable to a very slow, continuous lsd trip.

(obviously not the "trippyness" but that wonderful clear feeling that comes the day after.)



Words of wisdom, I dunno bout the LSD part, but the rest is QFT.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9086556 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
AltecLansing said:
Meditation helps. For the first five or so minutes you'll be thinking "This is stupid, I could be doing (insert activity) now!" But it really does help.

Once you get the hang of it you'll have far greater concentration and a better idea of what really is important. Plus the benefits really go on and on. I consider meditation to be comprable to a very slow, continuous lsd trip.

(obviously not the "trippyness" but that wonderful clear feeling that comes the day after.)



Words of wisdom, I dunno bout the LSD part, but the rest is QFT.



I was kind of iffy about including the LSD part, but I don't really know how else to describe it. I always get that beautiful clarity and sense of well-being after meditation. The only thing I can really compare it to is the feeling of clarity I get the day after a wonderful trip.


--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9086571 -

More like achieving what is already at our disposal.  just learning to hone into that natural clarity and tranquility.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9086624 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
More like achieving what is already at our disposal.  just learning to hone into that natural clarity and tranquility.



Which is what I love about life. The point when you realize that everything you truly need is already within you is one of the happiest days you'll have.

I'd advise the op to really, really give meditation another (several) shot(s). We've all had days when it doesn't click, but when it does things will fall back into place.


--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Inability to fully concentrate and get absorbed in a topic without looking for distractions [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9086673 -

I share in the same thing the OP is experiencing. Daunting tasks requiring my attention for prolonged amounts of time are very difficult.  I don't even read like I used to because sometimes I just get bored.  I know some mentioned marijuana, but I actually have found it to help a little in this regard, although not a whole bunch.

I work from a computer 85% of my work day, and I always find myself on the internet putsing around.  Forum websites, user-contributed news websites, and things like 4Chan change so quick, providing this sensory satisfaction I don't get elsewhere.  I think it's our constant interactions with computers in a fast pace society that shape the way we think. 

I find myself with all these great ideas, but I don't have the attention span to pursue them and bring my ideas to fruition.  I'm trying, though :shrug:


--------------------
When it rains, it spores :shroompick:

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Concentration.
( 1 2 all )
Oscuro_lobo 3,994 20 11/14/02 03:09 AM
by GrowingVines
* Concentration Camps in the US
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 9,177 96 07/09/09 06:47 AM
by Taco Chef
* I have trouble concentrating and lack motivation alot
( 1 2 all )
Noetical 3,775 31 07/18/05 06:31 PM
by Skunk420
* Concentration Camp: Jewish Prisoner or Nazi guard?
( 1 2 all )
MXNR 4,368 24 01/12/06 08:12 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* need good research paper topic
( 1 2 all )
purity 1,576 23 10/24/05 01:45 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Are topics more interesting in S&P? TheShroomHermit 703 3 01/24/05 08:27 PM
by TheHateCamel
* help me think of a topic Moonshoe 382 2 10/06/04 08:58 PM
by Moonshoe
* Topic Subjects too general/vauge (ex: DEX, OXY) PsillyNilly 775 2 11/21/04 06:35 PM
by Phychotron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
710 topic views. 7 members, 13 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.