Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Joe Sixpack as Vice President
    #9018914 -

Quote:
"I think they're just not used to someone coming in from the outside saying, 'You know what? It's time that normal Joe Six-Pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency,' and I think that that's kind of taken some people off-guard,".



http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/01/debate.veeps/index.html


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joe Sixpack as Vice President [Re: afoaf]
    #9018934 -

biden drinks PBR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joe Sixpack as Vice President [Re: afoaf]
    #9018976 -

That's a misleading topic post.  Palin was describing herself as "that normal Joe Six-Pack American".

I assumed Joe Six-Pack American was a poke a Joe Biden, who is known to enjoy :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joe Sixpack as Vice President [Re: afoaf]
    #9018979 -

I admit one of the reasons i like her is that she's not some hot shot lawyer from Harvard (obama) or a politician who has been in Washington D.C. his entire life!  (Biden,McCain)

She seems like an average person that i can relate to.


Now here comes the obama supports telling me how stupid i am because we should not want someone like us, we should want someone better than us.!!


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9019035 -

.


--------------------
.

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joe Sixpack as Vice President [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #9019043 -

And what prior "leadership" are you basing your assessment on? His record doesn't exactly inspire confidence, no matter how well-educated he is.

But I agree, we should want our leaders to be better than us.  It's disheartening to see a Joe Schmoe aspiring to positions of international influence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9019121 -

.


--------------------
.

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joe Sixpack as Vice President [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9019135 -

Lonestar, no offense but that logic = fail.
Why wouldnt you want some one educated on political issues? Why would you want some one who cant even make it through an interview without seeming like a fool?

Sorry if I seem abrassive, its not my intent, I am just so far from understanding how some one could support Palin that it is frustrating to see that some people manage to.

Many people bring up issues like the "rape kit" thing, which from what I have found is a refutable point. She claims she did not know the policy was enforced in her town and despite what conclusions one might draw for themselves, given the lack of imperical evidence against her; I am forced to give the point to her on such.

What terrifies me however is her attempt at banning books at the local library.
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837918,00.html

It seems to me that the Palin capaign is based almost soley on BEING Joe-Sixpack. Being a hockey mom. Just a regular person. Oh and on sex (as a gender and as in appeal, thanks frued).

I would like to close by saying I am also NOT for Obama. I totally disagree with his irrevearence to the 2nd amendment. The first step to tyrrany is to disarm your public (whether is be of thier weapons of knowledge,such as books).

McCain wouldnt be so bad if he hadn't picked up Palin for the shear purpose of picking up the lost Clinton voters.

I have, admittedly, not done much research on biden yet, but I am looking forward to the VP debates.


I just really wish we could have a canidate at some point that believes in the original premise of the constitution and the basis behind it set forth by John Locke: One's rights should ONLY end when they TRULY infringe upon the rights of another person.


--------------------
Looking to trade for:
Wedges of: Golden Oyster, Pink Oyster, Shaggy Mane, Stropharia R.
Prints of: Z strain, Treasure Coast, Exotics, Morels
Have to trade:
Wedges: Pearl Oyster, Wellington Oyster, Grey Oyster, Lion's Mane
Prints: B+
Other stuff: Micro centrifuge tubes, Home made artisan bouillon in chicken and shellfish (lobster and shrimp), Homemade pecan smoked salt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Failure of Leadership Evolving 425 2 05/11/04 06:52 PM
by afoaf
* Bush Planned Iraq 'Regime Change' Before Becoming President RonoS 1,937 12 09/29/03 01:00 PM
by Rono
* the Project for a New American Century
( 1 2 all )
iglou 3,589 26 05/02/03 08:53 AM
by Madtowntripper
* The President's Real Goal in Iraq Anonymous 737 2 04/09/03 01:54 PM
by RadioActiveSlug
* Every american - and anyone else alive. Read this
( 1 2 all )
BleaK 2,431 27 11/17/19 09:41 AM
by relic
* The Faith-Based Presidency EchoVortex 786 5 04/19/04 06:49 AM
by GernBlanston
* Project for the New American Century (PNAC) ekomstop 525 0 09/22/04 02:09 PM
by ekomstop
* Hacking the presidency ekomstop 563 0 10/31/04 12:47 AM
by ekomstop

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
584 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.