Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Loc: PDX, OR
hoodies
    #870943 - 09/09/02 02:08 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Are we just going to have to accept the losses of our money to Dr. B? I think I'm going to go have a hoodie printed with the logo on my own. I've already talked to one shop about printing, but I recently moved and have to talk to a place here (although they have a branch of the same shop here). I might be willing to have orders printed up for other people, one at a time which will be expensive plus maybe a reasonable share of the layout fee although I might just eat the cost of that on my own, but I don't know if I want to put up with the hassle or if anyone here knows me at all and trusts me with their $$. Anyway, just a thought. Now that I think about it I'd probably only want to do a few hoodies rather than bother with doing one at a time for everyone.. probably something like I'll run one for you at cost plus you send me a spore syringe or something good... totally open to negotiation.. again just a thought

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: hoodies [Re: Doublethink]
    #871119 - 09/09/02 04:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I asume that this is a non-profit venture, eh?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Re: hoodies [Re: Jammer]
    #871487 - 09/09/02 11:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, though I'll probably charge a lil extra just to make back my layout cost.

OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
    #871824 - 09/09/02 08:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have a buddy that has a novelty clothing business. I was planning on talking to him soon about the possibility of making hoodies or t-shirts with the shroomery logo on it. I plan on putting him in touch with an admin within a few days.

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Loc: SE Michigan
    #873117 - 09/09/02 07:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If I can find the time, and get a decent enough picture of the logo from the defunct hoodies, I would cut the silk screen out myself. That way it would be easier to print what is needed, and not have to worry about quota's.
If someone has the artwork, send it to me. It would be a 1 color print, but it could be any color you want. Plus I think it would be best if you sent the article of clothing you want it printed on plus $5 and shipping. This way no one has to worry about the shirts fitting properly etc.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Re: hoodies [Re: Drummer]
    #873227 - 09/09/02 09:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've got a good quality BMP and PSD (Photoshop) of the old logo. PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Re: hoodies [Re: Jammer]
    #873230 - 09/09/02 09:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Not many replies to this post.. do you know if anyone else has any interest in this or is afraid afraid to get screwed over again? I'm worried a) everyone is still worried about getting screwed and b) Noone (including me) had the time and energy to worry about the hassle of printing more shirts

Offlinedialect
Buddha God

#873236 - 09/09/02 09:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Count me in on the hoody, I need to represent :grin:

InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Loc: it doesn't really matter.
    #873250 - 09/09/02 09:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno if anyone's mentioned this... but why don't we (the shroomery) open up a cafrepress shop. So we could have more than just hoodies (I still want one...)
I've gotten things from cafepress before, and their quality was good. Someone just needs to open a shop up with them.. I'd suggest one of the Admins doing it..

-OL-

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Re: hoodies [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #878100 - 09/11/02 02:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thats not a bad idea Obscuro. The reason I like my idea, about doing the screening myself, is that you can send any article of clothing to be printed on.
Ive ordered many shirts and I really hate doing so anymore because some extra larges fit tight and some are too big. I assume that goes on with all the sizes. This way you know the item will fit you.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Re: hoodies [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #879337 - 09/12/02 02:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Cafepress only prints on white or very light gray shirts.. and I think most of their stuff is cheap heat pressed on (like the ink jet iron ons you can get for home use).. and a lot of people here want really large sizes and Cafepress doesn't print past 2xl.. plus their prices are rather high.. you can get a hoodie at Wallyworld for $10, and then printing is maybe $10 at the most (minus cost of the screen).. where Cafepress for a hoodie has a flat fee of $25 plus whatever the vendor decides to tack on.. so unless you want a plain white or gray shirt in something smaller than 2xl I don't think Cafepress makes much sense.. and the greens and blues I think were very popular (in the hoodies atleast).. and the dark gray was popular for shirts.. Cafepress would be good for mousepads and such though

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
    #879344 - 09/12/02 02:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I hope when you mean cutting the screen yourself that you are saying you are going to go to a print shop and have it done.. you don't have the equipment to cut a screen and print/cure on your own do you? If we get the screen done, they will allow us to print on anything we bring in.. we don't necessarily have to print on the hoodies/shirts they have.. the shirt I'm going to have printed on I bought at Wallyworld.. so if people were really worried about sizes they could just send what they wanted printed on..

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

#880686 - 09/12/02 03:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, that is what I meant. I have a few of the supplies left from when I used to do printing. I would have to make a new press though, but thats not a big deal. As far as doing the screen, its pretty simple anymore.
Let me know what everyone prefers.

--------------------

-Ken Kesey

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #881665 - 09/13/02 10:30 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah right!  Too many of us are already out $$$$.  Why would we fork over more?  If you are planning to fix the problem, I would gladly accept my 2 hoodies :tongue: 

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum