Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Jerry Garcia - Garcia Opened Up About Drugs In Forgotten Interview
    #8695937 -

A forgotten interview with late rock legend JERRY GARCIA, in which he discusses his drug use, has been published for the first time.
The Grateful Dead frontman sat down with writer Jeremy Alderson on 3 July 1989 - six years before he died of a heart attack at the age of 53.
During the conversation, published for the first time in the August (08) issue of Relix magazine, Garcia described his many LSD-fuelled 'trips' and promoted the use of psychedelics and the legalisation of drugs.
He said, "I always keep some psychedelics around. It's like a coffee break almost. It's something that I fear and that I love at the same time. I never take any psychedelic without having that feeling of, 'I don't know what's going to happen.'"
He described one trip: "I thought that everybody on earth had been evacuated in flying saucers and the only people left were these sort of lifeless automatons that were walking around."
He continued, "I had one (trip) where I thought I died multiple times... I'm not nearly so afraid of death anymore. Psychedelics at their most powerful are scarier than death."
Garcia claimed each 'experiment' prompted a "life changing experience", but he confessed they almost cost him his life on occasion, adding, "I went walking in traffic and stuff. I drove a lot of times when I could barely wind my way through the hallucinations."
But, despite the risk factor, Garcia called for all drugs to be legalised, telling Alderson, "My feeling about it is that all drugs should be legal. I think heroin should be legal. I think cocaine should be legal."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/garcia%20opened%20up%20about%20drugs%20in%20forgotten%20interview_1075643

Link to Relix magazine full article.


--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Edited by Chemy (07/29/08 03:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: Chemy]
    #8695941 -

Me too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: insomniac20]
    #8697094 -

We miss you Jerry.


--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand,
Says, 'Don't you see?'
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.
Don't give it up.
You got an empty cup only love can fill."

Jerry Garcia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: TheFish]
    #8697257 -

WTF?!  We have to subscribe to get the rest of the article.  Can anyone find it in its entirety?


--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!




I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8698167 -

Good find, :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: for you.


--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8698361 -

FurrowedBrow said:
WTF?!  We have to subscribe to get the rest of the article.  Can anyone find it in its entirety?



Quote:
OR 3) get a lifetime digital subscription to Relix for FREE!  All you have to do is go to www.relix.com/digital and register. 



The article is in shockwave so I can't copy and paste but you can subscribe for free:shrug:


--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: Chemy]
    #8698531 -
Log in to view attachment

I converted the full Relix magazine article to PDF. See above.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: veggie]
    #8698551 -

veggie said:
I converted the full Relix magazine article to PDF. See above.



Thanks Veggie:awesome:


--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: Chemy]
    #8698593 -

Couldn't agree more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: Chemy]
    #8698674 -

Chemy said:
FurrowedBrow said:
WTF?!  We have to subscribe to get the rest of the article.  Can anyone find it in its entirety?



Quote:
OR 3) get a lifetime digital subscription to Relix for FREE!  All you have to do is go to www.relix.com/digital and register. 



The article is in shockwave so I can't copy and paste but you can subscribe for free:shrug:



I get unnecessarily frustrated when things aren't easy to access.  No worries.  Thanks to both you and veggie!


--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!




I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Edited by FurrowedBrow (07/29/08 05:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8698938 -

AWESOME!!

thank you thank you :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: JERRY GARCIA - GARCIA OPENED UP ABOUT DRUGS IN FORGOTTEN INTERVIEW [Re: veggie]
    #12047307 -

veggie said:
I converted the full Relix magazine article to PDF. See above.



I just read this.  Great interview!  Thanks Veggie!













--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad MightyQuinn 3,532 15 11/03/03 09:09 AM
by Zero7a1
* Can a genetic test predict your response to psychedelic drugs? veggieM 1,234 11 06/30/23 01:25 AM
by Zlati
* Shulgin Interview on Catalyst Twirling 1,257 0 10/08/03 04:44 AM
by Twirling
* The Drug War Goes Up in Smoke (lengthy but worthwhile read) Demiurge 5,662 2 08/14/03 06:17 AM
by TheHobbit
* US Uses Terror Law to Pursue Crimes From Drugs to Swindling TinMan 2,425 2 10/06/03 11:54 AM
by motaman
* Talkative drug lord strangled in Rio prison daba 2,070 1 08/05/03 01:54 PM
by Hans_Moleman
* Arizona/ Maine Drug Pipeline part II Penguin 9,378 3 11/05/02 03:31 PM
by Penguin
* Drug War Addiction motamanM 3,206 1 05/12/03 11:03 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, veggie, Alan Rockefeller, Mostly_Harmless
4,219 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.