Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

So I had to cancel a job offer...
    #8435982 - 05/23/08 06:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Because I found higher paying work that's closer to my field.

I was all lined up with this cleaning company that I would do some evening work for them (not full time about $9/hr) and pick up some extra cash. This better job popped up all of a sudden and I had to take it.

So I called to cancel feeling really terrible about the whole thing. At first I explained the situation and told him I could still go for the first few evenings if he needed the manpower, but that ultimately I couldn't take the job.

At first he said it was ok but then as he considered how he needed to find a new employee he got agitated and says "well that's ok, some people keep their commitments and some people don't" and then he hung up.

Man, I feel for his situation, and it sucked to cancel like that, but that was a douchebag thing to say. I'm not all that upset about it, I just hate the whole job hunt thing and the nonsense that comes with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: So I had to cancel a job offer... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8436079 - 05/23/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Dry smash his shitbox!

Seriously though, congrats on the better job.

There was a summer towards the end of high-school when I was looking for a new job to pay off a motorcycle.. I had gotten one job as a hotel attendant of some sort, where I'd have to start working at 4am.  It was a 20 minute drive to work so I had to be up mad early.

My first day I got up, went in, it was too early for the boss to show up, so I just left a note with the desk person saying that I quit.  Then I went to work full-time 9-5 at KFC which was SOOOO much better :nonono:

Anonymous #3

Re: So I had to cancel a job offer... [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #8436087 - 05/23/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

fuck him do whats right by you

Anonymous #4

Re: So I had to cancel a job offer... [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8436106 - 05/23/08 07:34 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
fuck him do whats right by you

because they will fuck you right back

need to cut wages? take away some of boss's salary? hell no, fire someone.

America is every man for himself.

especially $9/hr i hope you are in highschool/college because that is shitty. i make less but i'm working a super easy job while taking classes. i want to kill myself every day i go to work ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anonymous #3

Re: So I had to cancel a job offer... [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #8436112 - 05/23/08 07:39 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I make over 15 and all I do is clean convenience stores.

Anonymous #5

Re: So I had to cancel a job offer... [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8436152 - 05/23/08 08:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I never knew "janitorial services" could be so lucrative.

Do you have to wear a jumpsuit with your name on it?

Anonymous #6

#8436234 - 05/23/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If the boss wanted you he could have counter-offered to sweeten the deal.

He'll get over being butthurt and you will never have to see or hear from him again.

Anonymous #7

#8443346 - 05/25/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i walked out on the last three jobs i took, as well as cancelling two other jobs i had said i would take, although i did that 2 weeks before they were going to start

Anonymous #8

Re: So I had to cancel a job offer... [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #8446539 - 05/26/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you didn't have a commitment with him. i'm pretty sure you didn't tell him that if he hired you that you would work for him for ever.

Anonymous #9

#8446816 - 05/26/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Because I found higher paying work that's closer to my field.

I was all lined up with this cleaning company that I would do some evening work for them (not full time about $9/hr) and pick up some extra cash. This better job popped up all of a sudden and I had to take it.

So I called to cancel feeling really terrible about the whole thing. At first I explained the situation and told him I could still go for the first few evenings if he needed the manpower, but that ultimately I couldn't take the job.

At first he said it was ok but then as he considered how he needed to find a new employee he got agitated and says "well that's ok, some people keep their commitments and some people don't" and then he hung up.

Man, I feel for his situation, and it sucked to cancel like that, but that was a douchebag thing to say. I'm not all that upset about it, I just hate the whole job hunt thing and the nonsense that comes with it.

fuck that guy. You found a better job, what does he expect, for you to be like, "Ok even though i found a better job for more money i blow that off and work for you" pffft

the guys living in a fantasy world.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
397 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.