Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
WTF is up with torrents
    #8020033 -

i got a torrent site, but limewire is the only way i can seem to download them, and it's incredibly slow, 3kb per second??? is there a better way?


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: shroommachine]
    #8020043 -

Download uTorrent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: shroommachine]
    #8020048 -

it sounds like you don't know what you're doing.

how many seeders do you have? the more seeders the faster it will go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: shroommachine]
    #8020057 -

Yeah, use a torrent program like utorrent. Dont use limewire.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Jraft]
    #8020114 -

limewire blows

too bad I found that out way late

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Robo]
    #8020247 -

Torrents are the shit. I use Bit Comet.

http://search.isohunt.com is the place to go. :thumbup:

I also like how you can download a cd, but only choose 3-4 songs that you want off the cd to actually download. extremely convenient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: large_dose]
    #8020263 -

Yeah they have whole genre torrent and band discography torrents but you can go in and just snatch a couple of the ones that you want/like

So if you think you can't find a song or album anywhere it might be hiding in one of those huge torrents

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: large_dose]
    #8020987 -

BitComet creates memory leaks and slows down torrents for everybody. Please, do us (and yourself) a favor and download uTorrent.


--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: AlCapwn]
    #8021022 -

Memory leaks?

I've used bitcomet a long time with fine results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Wolfgang]
    #8022489 -

yup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: large_dose]
    #8022521 -

I use Azureus Vuze.

Works great for me, my favorite torrent program for sure.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8022788 -

i love torrents, i want to kill p2p networking after using it for so long.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents *DELETED* [Re: large_dose]
    #8022798 -

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Chubba]
    #8022836 -

hey i use Utorrent aswell and have highspeed intenet but i still only get 45 or 5okb/sec !! What do i have set wrong , i have checked the settings and i cant find anything worth tweaking man...god 150kb must be nice...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: DrewWho86]
    #8022857 -

soulseek still is good at least for me,I use azureus :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #8023002 -

eMule ftw. The only p2p that's worth anyone's time.

But for the torrents, utorrent is the way to go.


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: BurningBeard]
    #8023110 -

After using bit torrents the past 2-3 years and loving them, I just switched to usenet and will never ever go back, well, unless I can't find it on usenet.

Usenet maxes out my connection. I've downloaded 37 gigs in the past four days


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF is up with torrents [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8023130 -

nobody on what.cd downloads albums. I've been on there for a good two months, and my ratio hasn't changed from hovering below one. I've downloaded probably 5 albums in that time.

Please, if you are on what.cd, download some stuff, for the love of whatever you people believe in these days.

Just saying...


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
876 topic views. 4 members, 248 guests and 173 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.