Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefeurtaenzer
Stranger
i think im in trouble
    #779289 - 07/26/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well, hello everyone, first time trying this. so help me out. i have read extensively before i tried this out and posted here, so bear with me.

did the PF tek on 24 jars. not bad, because only 1 was contaminated with some orange rusty stuff, but thats not the problem.

im using a robutussin cool mist that im not so sure about. took 5 jars fully colonized and put them in a styrofoam container hooked up to the coolmist. i have perlite on the bottom with some water, and the cakes are sitting on a wire mesh an inch above the perlite. i take out the co2 once a day. its been 8 days since ive had them in the humidifier, and nothing. no pins, nada. just some white mycelium fuzz, not cobweb. just the mycelium reaching out for last bit of food. so it should pin right? i had the room too hot at about 85 degrees F for the first 5 days, and since nothing but white fuzz occurred, i read up on it and discovered temp around 74. so it is now, and for 3 days, still nothing.

i have a really cheap hygrometer in there and the humidity is reading at most 88, but its really cheap and i dont think it will go any higher actually. its being humidified with a coolmist through 3 two liter bottles, and the perlite is slightly wet. temp is good now though... it should start pinning!!! going to try casing 4 of them beginning tomorrow... see if that will go.

anyone have a good idea on how to separate the mycelium from vermiculite on the PF tec cakes? a friend is leaving very shortly, too shortly for the shroomies to come if they will, and we dont do other drugs so no need for a drug dealer. but we would like to bust open a cake, but dont think that vermiculite is going to be very healthy... heard of cranberry juice with a marble and shake n bake, then strain out, but i would like to have some advice

many many thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: feurtaenzer]
    #779305 - 07/26/02 09:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Your not in trouble at all. I had cakes in the perfect setting that took 3 weeks to pin while other cakes show pins about a week after birthing. Just be patient, good things will come. I would wait until you got a flush or two from those cakes before you case them, just so you have something in case your casings get contaminated.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Offlinetwisted

Loc: croatia
    #779306 - 07/26/02 09:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

you should remove the co2 twice a day or more

--------------------
Jesus! Did I say that?Or just think it? Was i talking ? Did they hear me?

http://www.fsre.org/

Edited by twisted (07/26/02 09:08 PM)

InvisibleDaBeerLover
Stranger
    #779328 - 07/26/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey buddy,

try this. just put the cakes directy on the perlite, this will help them get some extra water to get the pinn forming. once the pins start forming put them back on the wire rack.

give this a try it works for my beer

DaBeerLover

OfflineEl_Vudah
Stranger
Loc: O.B.E, Alazona
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: DaBeerLover]
    #780040 - 07/27/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm so newbified I can't find where to post a new thread...So I'm here...I'm using the PF Tek (15 jars) The 1st 3 jars due 2 my inexp. the syringe was blocked while innoc. & I used all of the 10cc. By day 21 those jars were supremely white with " BIG ol'Wormys Thingys but no noticable red/brown heads. The substrate is starting to srink with some water on their bottoms. I want to delay birting until Jul 29 (day26) to harvest fresh for the weekend & ensure mega-multi flushes... QUESTION Is it possible 2 wait 2 long in this case before Birthing ?

Invisiblechewysai

Re: i think im in trouble *DELETED* [Re: feurtaenzer]
    #780107 - 07/27/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by chewysai

Reason for deletion: Outdated

OfflineEl_Vudah
Stranger
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: chewysai]
    #780152 - 07/27/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ok....Strofoaming container DR. Chewysai...Do I need to post a new thread ? & How I do zat ? (Re: How 2 post a new Subject Only for Lost little Newbieans) he he ha !

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: El_Vudah]
    #780238 - 07/27/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why not just finish them invitro for this flush? Click here.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineEl_Vudah
Stranger
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #780713 - 07/27/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, Mickey R.
Originally coming from the PF camp I came across Hippy's Mycro-Tek in my research but saw the quote "expose the jars 2 light thru the entire process" but since I already have these "overgrown primordia thingys I guess they had enought light HUH ? I notice he lost 10 out the 24 to contams. But I guess after numerous flushes. Question: Have YOU actually tried Invitro fruiting ? I'm gonna keep the most fruity jar invitro & try his tek as well and try to contact him for more tips

Edited by El_Vudah (08/02/02 08:59 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: El_Vudah]
    #781122 - 07/27/02 08:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, I have tried invitro fruiting, but I did not carry it into multiple flushes. Essentially, I was colonizing tall 1/2 pint jars with the PF race (this was years ago -- maybe 1993 or so) and it was taking a long time so the colonized portions of the jar began pinning and fruiting. Since I was afraid of mutilating the cakes, I let the shrooms grow until harvest.

I don't prefer this method of cultivation, but it does work and it really helps to have a race that is more succeptible to invitro pinning such as the PF race. I don't know what your results would be like with something else such as TC.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineEl_Vudah
Stranger
Re: i think im in trouble [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #781232 - 07/27/02 10:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ok... I researched Hip's web site Mycotopian and decided to go ahead & birth these ready jars for now becuz' this tek put emphasis on stealth & ease & I'm OK in those depts. I should get a higher yield by birthing due to better CO2 exchange Thanks for your suggestion/help, Mickey Man...

Edited by El_Vudah (07/27/02 10:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures