Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7255536 -

Dang man. After having 4 children in 9 years, moving a total of 5 times at 4000+ miles, turning off my cable due to the fact that NONE of us could control ourselves for more than about 2 months (and we knew it) I am BEHIND. Appreciate the heads up. BTW, Zambrano makes some weird decisions sometimes. He tried to flatten out his movement (he did) and and sneak one past David Wright? Doesn't Wright love low fastballs? Now he's got them loaded and I can feel the smoke coming out of his brain from here. Thank God Pinella went out there. Go Carlos!!


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (08/03/07 01:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7255544 -

Every inning is like when I watched the '89 guys with Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams when he was closing. My stomach is sick:tongue2:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7255549 -

Zambrano has a serious temper problem too. No way the Cubs can hold the division. Blasphemy.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: robbyberto]
    #7255584 -

solo shot by Castro.

1-0 mets.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Banez]
    #7255609 -

Woah, they pulled Zambrano for Marmol? I'm following on StatTracker, what the hell happened, Piniella lost faith after just one solo shot given up??


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Banez]
    #7255611 -

Lou made the RIGHT move. Zambrano is an intimidator, and Lou needed to get him out of there. This might be just what he needs, and I bet Pinella was looking for a time when the pen needed some work (Kerry Wood? Who did he call on?) and he takes Carlos out so that he can play the "I know you're a tough SOB, I love ya' like a dad, and you need some rest. I NEED you, you're my ace" stuff. Lou makes the difference. Burnout coach like Larry Brown or Bill Parcells, but for 3-5 years.... he's a prince. Always liked him growing up.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (08/03/07 01:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7255628 -

Carlos' right leg is pretty beat up. He wasn't driving with his legs, trying to over throw, lost his movement, and Lou and his staff saw it. This is where pitcher blow out arms. I feel good about it. Our pen has been sick. We need Wood to get the win. marmol looked nice...


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7255649 -

1-1 on a bomb from D. Lee.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7255891 -

Who's today's hero going to be? Wood and Ramirez are my guess. I'm firecrackered up babies!! I feeeeel this!!


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7255899 -

What a catch!!! Great game either way. I LOVE good baseball!!! Both pitchers made very good moves covering first, and I love solid baseball, shows a passion to learn the nuances, so that made me feel good about Carlos. D Lee, here we go!!


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (08/03/07 02:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7255965 -

Wagner's gonna nail this bitch down for the Mets.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7255994 -

Oh, I'm not saying it's over, but... Pinella the hard azz is great to CZ out, but he needed to go with the winds and let Wood come in to fire the crowd up after that godd inning my Marmol. Vedder singing, the crowd roaring, the only (I believe) member of both the '98 and '03 Cubs playoff runs pitching, it WAS there. And he was too hard headed to see it. Oh well, at least he's there to save arms unlike Dusty or Don with our last pitching talent. I'll still take it.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone placing bets on the Cubbies? timelapses 1,684 18 09/07/16 02:15 AM
by Brian Jones
* Cubs Close to Deal with Zambrano Madtowntripper 1,051 4 04/01/07 08:13 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell.
( 1 2 all )
blissedout 2,954 29 01/10/10 06:54 PM
by robbyberto
* The Fucking Cubs Madtowntripper 731 5 06/01/07 05:38 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* The Chicago Cubs.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
whattheheck 11,402 139 09/27/08 09:09 PM
by whattheheck
* Peter Gammons Cant Wait For Spring Madtowntripper 2,773 11 02/16/07 05:58 AM
by belligerent
* ***Shroomery Fantasy Baseball 2009***
( 1 2 3 4 ... 148 149 )
OneMoreRobot3021 84,540 2,963 11/10/09 04:19 PM
by robbyberto
* Chicago Cubs Baseball
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Madtowntripper 10,221 86 08/01/08 08:41 AM
by drok

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,765 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.