Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
How about them Cubbies!!
    #7181316 -

I told my wife when the whole world, including the hometown columnist for the Colorado Rockies (as if this guy should toss stones), were running their trap about the Cubs being "the worst team in baseball" that things were going to turn around. I mean most years I saw the writing on the wall somewhere predictables in the saeson. Usually this happened right after the Masters, but this year....After all these years we were finally THE off season player (I guess we did get George Bell back in the day) We had HUGE expectations (for once), and, and, and to find out that Tribune is going to sell to someone who desires to do more with the Cubs as an owner than check the bottom line after every home game, well, no matter what happens the rest of this season, it has ALREADY been the best 8 months of my life following the Northsiders. Down 5 runs today in the top of the second against a lefty who had gone 17 scoreless in a row prior to this start?? Not a problem. These guys have Moxy. It may not be this year, but it IS going to happen soon.

I am...

The ChickenPotPie


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7183308 -

moxcy 

they be rockin and a rollin :rockon:


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Infrared]
    #7183313 -

moxy


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7183320 -

moxcyalater


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Infrared]
    #7183545 -

Moxie. Isn't there some other homo who likes the Cubs here? What's his name again? Ah shit, I forget. Nevermind


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Infrared]
    #7186609 -

I'm not sure what you all said, but if you're talking about Moxie, I think they have it. Another come from behind win with strong pitching and a defense that's getting RAVE reviews from PTI to ABC (And I'm not even sure where he's at, but no it wasn't Tim McCarver who said it. Although he'd be right for the 27th time ever on air if he did) I'm honestly saving money. I'm guessing bleacher seats will reach close to a thousand dollars a game for a world series home game at Wrigley. Fans young and old from around the world will be there to witness as the 7th sign is opened as Mark Prior and Kerry Wood combine for a 3-0 game 7 win against the Boston Red Sox......
And then the world will promptly end.

I'll be here every day....Let's talk baseball

CPP


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7186613 -

Homo??  Must be a Yankees fan.
:grin:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7186616 -

didnt the cubs just acquire Jason Kendall from Oakland?


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7186967 -

whattheheck said:
Another come from behind win with strong pitching and a defense that's getting RAVE reviews from PTI



Oh come on, I love PTI but Mike Wilbon openly admits to being a Cubs fan so obviously he's gonna suck Cub dick on the show.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7187604 -

True, true. :rockon:  But when you're a Cubs fan, and you hear ANYTHING good at any time, like when you're awake and not dreaming and stuff, it's NEWS baby.:thumbup:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Banez]
    #7187606 -

Yeah, and I always liked him, but it seems he's on the downside from last I heard. It's not even on ESPN's website anywhere I see.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7187621 -

Yeah kendall has been REALLY stinking it up for the A's this year.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7188225 -

yea, cubs got kendall.... shits at least hes a pretty good defensive catcher.. thats all we need ... any offense is a bonus


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Infrared]
    #7188458 -

Shit, where is that other Cubs fan? He should be here to enjoy the good times before what we all know will happen happens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Deadmaker]
    #7189871 -

That's about the bottom line. I gotta hand it to the Brewers, they just keep chugging along. Prince Fielder is a scary dude to face. I feel bad that Ben Sheets is down 4-6 weeks. He's one of the last guys I would want to face with, say a trip to the post season in a one game playoff on the line. I predict Jack Kavorkian's business will boom if the Cubs actually win it. All these suffering 80-105 year olds who managed to stay alive through their suffering in the hope of seeing the NorthSiders win it all will finally feel free to let their Spirits re-join the One.

Go Cubs!!

CPP


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (07/17/07 08:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7189911 -

Bonds pinch hitting now against Ohman.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Deadmaker]
    #7190209 -

How bout that finish in Cleveland.

Hell Yeah Boys!

Darko hit that nice 2 run shot to put the game in extra innings, and Cleveland wins in the 11th. 6-5


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Banez]
    #7190223 -

I stopped watching it after they tied it in the 9th because I knew there was no way we'd win an extra inning game with our bullpen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: Banez]
    #7190233 -

Garko


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about them Cubbies!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190260 -

yes, Garko, whoops.

Still a good game!


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone placing bets on the Cubbies? timelapses 1,684 18 09/07/16 02:15 AM
by Brian Jones
* Cubs Close to Deal with Zambrano Madtowntripper 1,051 4 04/01/07 08:13 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell.
( 1 2 all )
blissedout 2,954 29 01/10/10 06:54 PM
by robbyberto
* The Fucking Cubs Madtowntripper 731 5 06/01/07 05:38 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* The Chicago Cubs.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
whattheheck 11,402 139 09/27/08 09:09 PM
by whattheheck
* Peter Gammons Cant Wait For Spring Madtowntripper 2,773 11 02/16/07 05:58 AM
by belligerent
* ***Shroomery Fantasy Baseball 2009***
( 1 2 3 4 ... 148 149 )
OneMoreRobot3021 84,530 2,963 11/10/09 04:19 PM
by robbyberto
* Chicago Cubs Baseball
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Madtowntripper 10,221 86 08/01/08 08:41 AM
by drok

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,765 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.