Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more...
    #6812960 -



--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6812964 -

I haven't read it yet but this is surely going to be hilarious. Here I go.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6812968 -

He named both of his sons Manny, Jr.

What the fuck.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6812996 -

He does not deserve to be that good at baseball. I hope he gets hurt and never gets in to Copperstown.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: robbyberto]
    #6813018 -

The only atheletes I wish injury upon are Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6813025 -

There are quite a few athletes I would love to see hurt...

TO
Jeter (What a Prima-Donna)
Gary Sheffield
Mr. Bonds
Kobe
Pac-Man Jones
Rex Grossman
Brett Favre
Eddy Curry
Kerry Wood

Christ ,but I'm bitter...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6813047 -

I need a shower now after reading that journey into a two man Plato's Retreat. With a bucket of Purell. Could he have swallowed more Mannycock? Not even if he was an anaconda. One of my favorites:
Quote:
he even once requested a trade to Pawtucket,



Great hitter, soso human. Or, as the fellater seemed to be saying, Manny sapiens. Feh, the Beantown buttheads are stuck with him. Good for them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6813069 -

Good for us, indeed.  :smile:  He might be a fucking weirdo, and a space cadet, and selfish....but he's a good hitter.  Other than that, I don't care.


It is really, really weird though, that he named 2 sons Manny Jr. :lol:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: Liz]
    #6813075 -

They seem to think they'd rather have the money.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6813094 -

That's because they're cheap Jews. I'd rather have him in the lineup.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: Liz]
    #6813391 -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/baseball/fungoes_blog/2007/04/fenway-frustration-outside-looking-in.html

I hit the big 3-0 this week, and to honor the occasion, my parents offered to take me to Fenway Park to see Sunday night's Red Sox-Yankees game. The only catch was finding the tickets, which I knew would be an expensive challenge in baseball-crazy Boston. But with three days, the Internet and my dad's credit card, I felt up to the challenge.

My first stop was Stubhub.com, an online marketplace for tickets, where I discovered that the cheapest seats in the house were not even seats, but Standing Room Only at $81 a pop. That's right, $243 (plus fees) to stand in the upper bowels of Fenway Park for nine innings. No thanks. If nothing else, I was going to celebrate my 30th birthday on my rear-end, not my feet. The next option was the 14th row of the bleachers for a mere $111 each -– over $325 to sit well-over 400 feet from home plate. I think I'll pass.

So I went to eBay, Craig's List and several other "reputable" ticket agencies, but it was all the same -– about $350 for three tickets ... in the bleachers. Even mediocre seats that were close to the field –- about 13 rows back in the loge -– were $250 each. This was absurd, and soon enough I told my parents to forget it and buy me the MLB Extra Innings Package (at $179) instead and keep the rest for themselves. If I couldn't see that one game live, I could at least catch thousands on TV for a fraction of the price.

If only we grew up in Kansas City or Milwaukee or Tampa, where buying tickets to a baseball game doesn't require a second mortgage, I'd be able to see my favorite team play in person. In fact, the 2006 Team Marketing Report, which tracks the cost of attendance for a family of four (including four tickets; four small sodas; two small beers; four hot dogs; two programs; parking; and two hats), revealed that the cheapest ticket in the majors is in Kansas City, where a night with the Royals costs $120.35 per game. But I don't want to see the Royals ... I want to see the Sox. And according to the TMR, that'll cost my family $287.84, assuming we can get tickets at face value -- a difficult task since every game has been sold out since 2003.

What does this all mean? It's a point beaten to death in Boston, but the true Red Sox fans -– not the women with pink hats and the guys who leave the ballpark in the seventh inning -– are getting priced out and Fenway has taken the tenor of an elite Connecticut Country Club as opposed to a familiar neighborhood bar.

The new owners can preach the beauty of the ballpark all they want, but all the recent "improvements" to Fenway -– new seats above the Green Monster and along the right-field roof, expanding the luxury boxes, renovating the .406 Club -- aren't doing much for the Average Joe ... unless Joe can come up with $200 each for those tickets or somehow score a seat in the luxury box. Meanwhile, the dilapidated grandstand remains a living hell for anyone over 5-foot-9 and the sight lines from right field cause thousands of stiff necks because the seats are pointed toward the outfield, not home plate.

Tourists can flock to Fenway in droves and purists can talk about how great the old ballpark is for the sport of baseball, but after 30 years in Boston, I've officially been priced out from seeing my own team. Sadly, my cheapest option for seeing them play is to catch them in Kansas City. At least the fans there don't wear pink hats.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6818772 -

That guy is a moron.

Who buys tickets from online sites?

Go talk to a scalper...

I've dealt w/ them for years at Wrigley, where I'm pretty sure they have more fans and less seats than Fenway, and with RARE exceptions, I've never been told a seat wasn't availalble, and I've damn sure never paid twice face value or more for a ticket.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6819109 -

Yanks-Sox. We're not talking Tampa Bay here. There's only 35,000 seats. Forget it. He never had a prayer


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Red Sox fan friend told me if I read this article I would appreciate Manny Ramirez more... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7526298 -

Dang Tripper, the Cubs thing got you this out of sorts?? But at least you see it.

Brett Farve??

Kerry?? (Just to get it over with I imagine?)


I personally don't want to see anyone get injured on the field, but there are a few of these cats who have some karma coming off it me thinks.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Manny Pacquiao VS Oscar De La Hoya
( 1 2 3 4 all )
jeep 5,826 61 12/07/08 04:39 PM
by Jadian
* Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games after testing positive for performing enhancing drugs
( 1 2 3 all )
Redstorm 3,889 48 05/21/09 10:14 PM
by innovation
* Boston must miss Manny.
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,022 25 10/14/08 05:24 AM
by zappaisgod
* Manny traded to the Dodgers!
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,966 21 08/16/08 10:56 PM
by whattheheck
* Okay Manny - you've done it. You've cracked me the fuck up. OneMoreRobot3021 1,216 13 08/03/08 11:53 PM
by whattheheck
* Manny Ramirez makes an awesome catch, high fives a fan and guns it in for a double play! Virus_with_Shoes 1,918 5 05/19/08 10:45 AM
by jajapee
* Finally got an Insider subscription.... Madtowntripper 678 3 12/03/06 10:55 AM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Red Sox Preview--For the Beantowners Madtowntripper 1,043 2 01/27/07 03:18 PM
by Liz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,548 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.