Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAtomicShroom98
wonderer
 User Gallery

Loc: Eternity
Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett.
    #6667516 - 03/14/07 02:06 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell an T.J Duckett. This combination of running styles should form into a formidable running game for Detroit.  Tatum Bell an elusive, speedy runner, mixed in with Ducketts power running should keep opposing defenses in trouble. These new additions also provide much needed depth at RB, considering how Jones's durability continues to be an issue each season. With a newly established passing game, and a revamped running attack, the lions offense looks like it has potential now to dominate defenses. If Kitna can cut back on his interceptions and continue to rack up the yards throwing to pro bowl targets Williams an Furrey, Lions Fans, there could be hope.

In the upcoming draft the lions should select that offensive tackle out of wisconsin. He has freakish type athletic skills at his height and size. He would definitely help out starters Backus, Raiola an woody. Then the lions should focus mainly on defense during the rest of the rounds. They need to gain some quality players in there secondary which especially needs help after the loss of Dre Bly. If quality players are available at CB during the 2nd and 3rd rounds, Millen an the Lions need to address this gaping whole. Season after season the lions continue to suck at stopping the pass and nows the time for Millen to help fix this problem through the draft. :mushroom2:

--------------------
To those that don't know me, I am your guide. To those that don't like me, I am misunderstood.To those that don't see me, open your eyes, I am there. To those that don't hear me, listen, I am talking. To those that know me, I AM.

> "Some call me the gangster of LOVE"......... - Steve Miller

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: AtomicShroom98]
    #6667538 - 03/14/07 02:13 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Don't worry, they'll draft a WR.

--------------------
!

Offlineonthebrink2
Stranger

Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: jewunit]
    #6667586 - 03/14/07 02:43 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

I think you are talking about Joe Thomas. He would be a great pickup for any team that has o-line problems. They say he could be a franchise type player. However I agree with jewunit they will probably get a wide receiver.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#6667915 - 03/14/07 08:25 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

AtomicShroom98 said:
Tatum Bell an elusive, speedy runner

Who has zero durability, goes down way too easy and has a hard time finding the correct hole to run through.

Being a Broncos fan, I watched this douche play and I can't tell you how happy I was when I heard he was traded.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6668155 - 03/14/07 09:56 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

TJ Duckett is pretty much a bust too.

For what was expected of him....

Yeah, This seems like the kind of pick-up the Lions would make...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAtomicShroom98
wonderer
 User Gallery

Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6669119 - 03/14/07 02:39 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Yea, ive never really seen Tatum play but i remember when he was coming out of the draft, he ran the 40 in something like a 4:25. And correct me if im wrong but didnt Tatum rush for 1200 yards last year?If true,even with denvers O-line that is still good. Even if he isnt that durable its not going to matter as much because the lions now have 2 other backs that can carry the load. As for Duckett, i have seen him play and he will be good in goal line situations and in short yardage.

If Millen drafts another wide reciever he should be fired. We already have a good corp of recievers and we dont need anymore.

--------------------
To those that don't know me, I am your guide. To those that don't like me, I am misunderstood.To those that don't see me, open your eyes, I am there. To those that don't hear me, listen, I am talking. To those that know me, I AM.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6669146 - 03/14/07 02:48 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

They're not good.
But you do have like 20 first round WRs.

--------------------
!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6669475 - 03/14/07 04:22 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

If we had a halfway decnet QB, Roy Williams would be a monster.

OfflineAtomicShroom98
wonderer
 User Gallery

Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: Redstorm]
    #6669697 - 03/14/07 05:24 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Definitely. If the lions had a great quarterback there offense would easily be in the top five in the league. Williams would blow away all other recievers stats for sure with his talent and Mike Furrey (who had 1000 yards and 98 receptions last year and should of been in the pro bowl) would finally get some respect at his position. A great QB would make the lions a force, finally.

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#6669989 - 03/14/07 06:45 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

AtomicShroom98 said:
And correct me if im wrong but didnt Tatum rush for 1200 yards last year?If true,even with denvers O-line that is still good.

233 rushes for 1025 yards. And what do you mean with Denver's O-line?

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6670659 - 03/14/07 09:42 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

I think he means regardless of the fact that anyone can be an amazing rusher behind Denver's O-Line, Bell's stats were still impressive.

I would disagree, I think it means nothing. Portis was arguably the best back they had, and he isn't even THAT good anymore. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but there are better, but when he was with Denver he was a top tier back.

--------------------
!

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #6670753 - 03/14/07 09:59 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Mike Shanahan could turn yer grandma into a 1,000 yard back.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Lions boost running game by adding Bell an Duckett. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6670881 - 03/14/07 10:27 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

And I'll agree with you, once again.

And neither of my grandmothers are even alive.

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #6670915 - 03/14/07 10:36 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah.

TJ Duckett pretty much sucks.

+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Rushing | Receiving |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
| 2002 atl | 12 | 130 507 3.9 4 | 9 61 6.8 0 |
| 2003 atl | 16 | 197 779 4.0 11 | 11 94 8.5 0 |
| 2004 atl | 13 | 104 509 4.9 8 | 3 15 5.0 0 |
| 2005 atl | 14 | 121 380 3.1 8 | 6 63 10.5 0 |
| 2006 was | 11 | 38 132 3.5 2 | 2 16 8.0 0 |
| TOTAL | 66 | 590 2307 3.9 33 | 31 249 8.0 0 |

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#6671805 - 03/15/07 08:01 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:

And neither of my grandmothers are even alive.

Shanny could still turn em into 1000yd rushers.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,215 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.