Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator
    #658730 -

Hi,
Quick Question, can anyone tell me the differences/reconmodations when it comes to either Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator.

I am interested in doing some digital graphics, mostly freehand, but I still want to be able to put in things like a nice typeset and backgrounds etc.....

Any info or opinions on which one you'd go with woud be great!

Thanks,
Lana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator [Re: Lana]
    #658909 -

I've used them both for quite a while for fun and for work, and I personally like CorelDraw better... most people would say other wise though because Adobe is the industry standard and everyone swears by it.

The interface of Corel is better layed out in my opinion, easier to navigate, and you can customize it. You can also preview the fonts while you are going through the list and, unless it's been updated, I don't think you can do that in Illustrator.

CorelDraw also comes with CorelPhotopaint, which I use for all of my art and web graphics. It does everything adobe does right down to using adobe plug-ins and saving and opening Adobe files, and again... I think the interface is much friendlier.

I think what it really comes down to is personal preference, so if you get a chance to try them both, just decide which one you are more comfortable with.

Hope that helps a little...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Deleted [Re: Lana]
    #659822 -

Content Removed.

Edited by Jared (04/01/04 01:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator [Re: Jared]
    #659993 -

you wanna box little boy? let's dance...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator [Re: Anonymous]
    #661694 -

Thanks for the input guys....I'm hearing the same thing. Its mostly preference but Corel has a friendlier interface...

Now if anyone had Corel 10 floating around .....

Lana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator [Re: Lana]
    #662589 -

Help me...I'm at a terminal at Adobe Central...they are 'questioning me' for talking trash about Illustrator....Alls I said was that it was created to be difficult and needlessly layered to confuse and beleaguer......Illustrator is eeeeeevilllll........oh no, here they come......they've got the jumper cables.........no no....please .....send heeeeeeeelp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator [Re: Lana]
    #662974 -

That corel 10 must be a great program, where you can you buy it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Corel Draw vs. Adobe Illustrator [Re: nugsarenice]
    #663467 -

I agree, it must be a great program. I bet you can purchase it anywhere. I was simply wondering where one might be able to "liberate" it from

Lana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* a lesson in Adobe Illustrator YellowSubmarine 882 5 02/26/04 11:08 PM
by HB
* adobe illustrator fun Xibalba 1,221 9 02/27/03 04:45 PM
by adrug
* Vector Tutorial - Cheating with Illustrator and Streamline MilkyMedia 1,131 2 01/22/13 06:42 AM
by radegast
* 4 New Illustrator Drawings... MilkyMedia 990 10 04/23/04 02:02 PM
by TODAY
* New drawings. blowback 1,025 12 03/17/04 08:09 PM
by Psilostylin
* Good drawing tablet programs? Syle 716 3 01/18/07 06:43 PM
by plexus
* My New Illustrated Guide, Progress Inside
( 1 2 all )
HB 2,583 21 10/01/03 11:06 AM
by Prodijal_Son
* My first Illustrator pics *warning 3 year old thread* HB 984 4 04/28/04 02:21 AM
by HB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,249 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.