Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Pan's Labyrinth on 4.0g of aborts
    #6560974 - 02/13/07 01:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

About a week ago me and two of my friends decided to go see the movie "Pan's Labyrinth". We had two 4.0g chocolate, made from ALL aborts... so my friend and decided it would be a good idea to go see the movie after eating them. Only two of us tripped, my other buddy was the trip sitter/driver.

My friend and I are both fairly experienced with hallucinogens (15+ shroom trips over an eighth, plus and acid trip each), but we were still slightly anxious about tripping in such a public place... it was a Saturday night at big theater in a pretty big city... so it was a packed theater. I bought the tickets early so we wouldn't have to stand in line or deal with anyone whilst tripping. We ate the chocolates in the car, about 20 minutes before the movie started.

For anyone who has seen the movie, it is quite a ride. Lots of gore, one incredibly evil man who tortures and kills, and fantastic fantasy places and creatures from a little girl's imagination. I hadn't eaten anything for about 12 hours before the chocolate, and the aborts were very well ground up... so they hit me about 10 minutes in. Visuals were forming as the previews started. We sat in the back of the theater, and it was one of the most absolutely intense 2 or so hours of my life. I went through an incredible range of emotions, and at one point had to go to the bathroom just to catch my breath (I was literally running out of breath... my jaw was hanging down in awe the whole time, I was on the verge of tears multiple times, and my heart was absolutely pounding).

Visuals formed all over the theater, and the little lights they put on the steps started to swirl on the edges of my vision and get brighter and darker, and strange tribal patterns swam on the walls and the carpet, giving the theater the ambiance of an aztec temple. The audio felt like it was coming from inside my head, and the letters of the subtitles took on a strangely gothic style, and became difficult to read. Colors were incredibly vibrant, and I cannot think of any cinematic experience that has even come close. I have never been more involved in the characters in a movie, I felt deeply connected to each of them, and I felt like I was able to understand them and identify with them... I kept constantly relating to them, thinking of what I and my friends would do if put in their situation. The movie centers around a fight against and oppressive officer in Franco's Spain in 1944, and it is incredibly well put together. The evil of this character could have easily swayed this trip in a negative direction, and at times I was a little overwhelmed. I was able to maintain control (at least externally, and thats all that matters in a packed theater), and the trip had its ups and downs. My eyes were wide in wonder the whole time, the screen was huge and the visuals combined with the already incredible look of the film blew me away. Patterns would form on solid colors (walls, etc) on the screen, and the characters faces would twist and take on weird proportions. Blood and violence made me physically sick, and it felt like I was taking every blow.

Every death, even of one of the enemies, absolutely horrified me. The main officer's lack of respect for human life absolutely baffled me, I just couldn't comprehend how someone could perform the acts he did. Since this trip, it has become a lot easier for me to visualize historical events and tragedies, and put myself in that situation. I feel like I'm better able to emotionally understand war and suffering in general, because of the way I was connected to this movie.

When the movie ended, the trip out of the theater was an incredible one. I felt like I was floating, there was a strange smoky haze hanging in the air that both of my friends denied existed, lights and colors were stretching and melding together on the walls and on peoples clothes in the bustling lobby. People's faces were warped and foreheads were strangely prominent. My friends facial hair became a swirling tattoo of spikes. It was difficult to maintain normality, and my mind was still trying to process the what I had just gone through. The movie was more than a movie, it was so much more. It absolutely ripped me apart. When I got to the car it was an incredible release, I think I yelled HOLY FUCK about 40 times while panting to catch my breath and get my heart rate down... it was quite exhilarating.

The ride back was pretty fun, with cars brake lights all blending together and me freaking out and seeing all sorts of "cool" cars that were really just regular old cars that looked nothing like what they usually do. We spent the rest of the night smoking hookah, listening to my one friend play guitar, toking and playing xbox 360.

It was ann incredible experience, I don't think I will ever be the same after seeing that movie. It was one of the harder trips I've had, the potency of these aborts was incredible. I'd never been in public on a mushroom trip, (save for one time at 4:30 in the morning at a gas station... friend and I ended up laying on the floor talking to the clerk for 45 minutes, it was weirdly fun) and this gave me a good understanding of what its like... if I had had to interact with anyone I probably would have had difficulty pulling off sobriety, as I was tripping damn hard. In the future I will dose lower if I'm going to have to interact with any more people than I did (which was just the dude who ripped our tickets in half).

Separate trip, but about a week after this trip I tried LSD for the first time, some incredibly strong blotter. On the peak a sober friend decided he wanted to go to Albertsons to get milk... and for some reason it sounded like fun for me to tag along. Bad bad bad idea... I was tripping way harder than I thought I was. Everything was warped to hell, and the glowing blue "Albertsons" letters were incredibly vibrant and had a strange twist to them. I was absolutely out of it, trying to maintain the appearance of sobriety... and then the clerk made some joke about twinkies staying in your system for 5 months or something, and I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I gave him this blank confused stare then turned and walked away, looking back it must have seemed rude but I was really just trying to avoid interaction.

Kind of a strange thing to do on the peak of my first acid trip, go to Albertsons to buy milk. It was an experience though, thats for sure. Bright fluorescent lighting is overwhelming as FUCK.

Edited by Dihnekis (02/13/07 01:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinesl45
Stranger
Re: Pan's Labyrinth on 4.0g of aborts [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6561769 - 02/13/07 06:04 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yeah! Nice report

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale