Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I have stitches
    #6547111 -

I've never had stitches before.  Maybe when I had my wisdom teeth out in my mouth?  It's really amazing how the human body is capable of regenerating.

I had a mole on my back that was starting to get weird and it had to be removed.  It was probably the size of a small pill.  Apparently moles are alot more then what they seem because I have 10 angry stitches and a considerably painful wound about 3 inches long across the back of my shoulder.  It's pretty gross, actually.  I would post a picture of it if I had a camera handy, but I don't.

I was awake for the whole thing, I didn't really feel anything.  It's kind of scary because they told me it would take 5 mintues and I'd have 2 stitches...but it actually took about 15 minutes and a whole lot more stitches.  They gave me a buttload of codeine.  I don't like to take it too often because it makes me stupid and slow.

They had to send the mole to a lab to be tested for cancer cells.  I won't know anything for another week.

It feels so delicate and vulnerable. It's very, very big compared to what I was told it would be.  I'm not freaking out by any means.. but I have to admit that I'm a little bit concerned.

That's my story.  :crazy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6547119 -

ooo... I hated having stitches.. I took them out myself early. I don't recommend that, as it leaves a much larger scar.

I've only had them twice.. i'm more of a bone-breaker when I get hurt..

hope the tests come back ok... this reminds me that i also need to go get a couple of moles checked out for possible cancer...

my dad had a couple of cancerous skin spots removed a few years ago.

yos-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: Yoschie99]
    #6547129 -

Go have them looked at. Make an appointment today. Really, what is stopping you? If I had taken action a hell of a lot sooner, I'm assuming that things wouldn't have escalated to this point.

Maybe I'm wrong. But really, wouldn't you rather know...then not know?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6547150 -

Hey, it's your 7000th post.

That has to be lucky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #6547161 -

I had to get plastic surgery once on my face bone and they made the cut on the side of my head so people couldn't see it after it healed (you can see it when I have short hair) but anyways I loved playing with the stitches on the side of my head. It felt so good playing with them, and when they took them out that was the best. It was like a tickling feeling that was pleasurable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6547195 -

I had a mole removed on my back. It was the size of a pea but the hole in my back was about the size of a dime. Apparently they cut all around it in case it is cancerous.

The bad part about it being on my lower back was that if I bent over or stretched the skin on my back at all, it would hurt like a bitch. I didn't have stitches, I think they cauterized it.

No pain killers for me. :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: Rahie]
    #6547197 -

i had to get several stitches when i was younger due to my sister hitting me in the head with a baseball bat. she just barely missed my eye. i still have a scar right under my left eyebrow.

there was another time i don't remember that i got a few stitches on my upper lip... i was leaning on a window screen with the window open at my grandma's house, and the screen fell out and i went with it. i fell a couple of feet and busted my lip open.

i was always getting hurt as a child.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6547274 -

I've had to get stitches a few times.  One time when I was like 5 I was riding my bike with my Mom, and a truck came up the hill I was riding down...I tried to ride up onto the sidewalk, but instead, flipped over the handlebars when my front tire hit the curb.  I landed on a patch of newly paved asphalt, and a big piece of rock got stuck in my head.  Ouch. 

Another time, I got jumped by some girls at a train station.  They kicked me in the face until they split open both of my lips, broke my nose, and generally fucked me up.  Needed a few that time, too. 

Lastly, for an ice skating injury.  Split my head open trying to land a double toe loop.  Ice hurts to land on, a lot. 


Bom, I hope your tests come back ok.  I'm sorry that the procedure was much more invasive than they originally anticipated, but I'm sure they just wanted to make sure that all of it was removed while they were in there, ya know?  Let us know how things turn out, I will be thinking about you :heart:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: Liz]
    #6606333 -

So, it's been about three weeks now.  Stitches are out and results are back from the lab.  They aren't that optimistic.  :crazy:  There's some very abnormal cellular development that could be 'pre-cancerous'.

That's almost exactly what they told my mom before they told her she had to have a hysterectomy.  So, I have to go back and get cut open some more.  They want to take everything out within a half inch of the original incision.  I guess I'm just really lucky that this is happenening now and not a few years down the road where it's not 'pre-cancerous'.

I just don't like being cut open.  The word invasive just isn't enough.  I know that they are helping... but it's a terrible feeling.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6606353 -

Sorry to hear that you have to go through this :frown: but, keep your hopes up :smile:
it only could be  pre-cancerous and on top of that skin cancers are one of the easiest cancers to treat. Especially when caught early :smile: I'm sure that youll make it out of this just fine


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6606380 -

CherryBom said:
So, it's been about three weeks now.  Stitches are out and results are back from the lab.  They aren't that optimistic.  :crazy:  There's some very abnormal cellular development that could be 'pre-cancerous'.

That's almost exactly what they told my mom before they told her she had to have a hysterectomy.  So, I have to go back and get cut open some more.  They want to take everything out within a half inch of the original incision.  I guess I'm just really lucky that this is
happenening now and not a few years down the road where it's not 'pre-cancerous'.

I just don't like being cut open.  The word invasive just isn't enough.  I know that they are helping... but it's a terrible feeling.



What. The. Fuck.  I'm so sorry Bom...of all people to have to go through this...god, you just don't deserve this. Although I suppose noone does.  I hope that they've caught this early enough that they have a jump start on things and it turns out to be nothing. 

When do you have to go back to have this 2nd procedure?  Do  you have someone to go with you?  If not, let me know and I will try to find a way to get up there and accompany you. 

I love you, and I hope you know that I'm here if you want to talk or anything.  God knows you've listened to me enough times.  Please keep us posted as to what is going on :heart:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have stitches [Re: CherryBom]
    #6606514 -

Hope everything turns out ok in the end


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need stitches (5 month old post, read the end of it, x-ray question)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Gumby 4,808 64 03/19/09 11:48 PM
by Gumby
* Removing your own Stitches!
( 1 2 all )
Dexter_Morgan 3,115 21 01/23/07 01:58 AM
by gregorio
* So I went to the hospital to get stitches two weeks ago
( 1 2 all )
jewunit 1,630 20 04/14/10 11:58 PM
by crza
* i need stitches Yoschie99 769 8 01/18/08 10:43 PM
by Gratos
* anyone else sick of hippie's fucking optimistic philosophy?
( 1 2 3 all )
spacelord 5,539 50 07/02/07 05:27 PM
by Yoschie99
* Pessimist or Optimist?
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 4,190 31 07/25/05 09:46 PM
by RESTLESS
* Are you an optimistic or pessimistic type of person? PeterGriffin467 879 12 03/28/12 06:44 AM
by Adden
* Obama gets 12 stitches playing basketball
( 1 2 all )
Patlal 3,211 39 11/26/10 11:54 PM
by zorbman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
921 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.