Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Wisconsin Basketball...#1?
    #6480133 - 01/20/07 05:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So, my alma mater, UW just snuck one out against Illinois. We were down 4 with 2 minutes to go, but we went on a 10-2 run to close it out.

We were number 3 in the country before this, and I really think we deserve the #1 seed. We've beaten some good teams and play in a pretty tough conference.

No respect for the Badgers, ever. We got fucked in the BCS, and I'm sure the east coast Coaches will keep some shitty ACC team #1 in the BB rankings, just out of habit.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: Wisconsin Basketball...#1? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6480146 - 01/20/07 05:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ACC isn't ranked first now, it's Florida (fuck Florida) out of the SEC. You also got fucked by the BCS because of the rules, not because people didn't respect you. Don't worry, Ohio State will win the Big Ten anyway. And you don't mean you deserve the one "seed", since there are four one seeds in the NCAA tourny, not just one. Maybe you mean the number one ranking. In which case, I would agree as of right now... maybe UCLA, it's close though.

--------------------
!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Wisconsin Basketball...#1? [Re: jewunit]
    #6480201 - 01/20/07 05:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

wisconsin isnt that impressive... the big 10 is terrible is basketball..

i really like several unranked teams.. texas tech and marquette.

and my favorite of the ranked teams are Oklahoma State and Texas A&M

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Wisconsin Basketball...#1? [Re: Banez]
    #6480231 - 01/20/07 06:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well texas tech just knocked off #5 Kansas..

Marquette plays against pittsburgh tomorrow, trying to win 4 in a row in the big eat

and A&M and Oklahoma State play later on tonight.. should be a good night of basketball.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6480326 - 01/20/07 06:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

BTW, dipshit Wisconsin beat Marquette 3 weeks ago.

I was at the game.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6480391 - 01/20/07 07:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The Big Ten isn't that good in basketball THIS YEAR. They were one of the best, along with the Big East, last year. Although they do have two Final Four possible teams in OSU and Wisco. And Marquette is ranked 25th in the AP poll, by the way. Although I don't expect they'll beat Pitt, they'll probably drop out next Monday unless they play them extremely close (or win obviously). GO SYRACUSE!

--------------------
!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6480664 - 01/20/07 08:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, im aware that Marquette lost to Wisconsin.. but they only lost by 4.. and that was before Marquette really got back to playing how they used to play.

lets not forget marquette has beaten #8 Duke, Texas Tech, #22 UConn, #21 West Virginia, Louisville.. and they will have a tough match against Pitt tomorrow.

btw the Big East is MUCH MUCH better than the big 10.

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6480669 - 01/20/07 09:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

and OSU is extremely over-rated in Basketball, the only ranked team they have beaten is a struggling #24 Tennessee team.. they def have the potential to be great, but they dont seem to be playing as a team.. they either shoot 100 3's in a game, or they do nothing but feed greg oden.. if they could find a happy medium and learn to play better perimeter defense, they might be pretty good.

--------------------

InvisibleLeastResistance
Camp Pink Onion
Male

Loc: Dairyland
    #6481490 - 01/21/07 02:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

actually MU is 24th in the AP (should be 20-15). And Banez you dont think UW is impressive? hmmm well I guessthe apparent soon to be #1 team with the player of the year isnt too impressive huh? have you even watched any of the games, they have beat almost every team they have played by well over 20 points.

--------------------
"Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Wisconsin Basketball...#1? [Re: LeastResistance]
    #6482119 - 01/21/07 01:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No doubt.

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #6482278 - 01/21/07 02:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

wow, people here are actually talking about marquette.

uw is a great team, they beat marq by 4 but it was really a much more lopsided game than the final score.
plus UW destroyed pitt, the class of the big east supposedly.

that said, GO MARQUETTE!

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6482340 - 01/21/07 02:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yes, i watch college basketball every night.. and they havent really proved to me that they are the #1 or #2 team in the country.. i mean i guess i can still be proven wrong.. i just think there are better teams than them.

March will tell... i still think Duke will improve by then, UNC, Kansas, Texas.. these are teams that start 2-4 freshmen and dont have a lot of court time together.. UW doesnt start any underclassman.. all juniors and seniors..

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6482429 - 01/21/07 03:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, and Ohio State's only losses are to top 5 teams, and all on the road. I mean, it's a young team, and if they were really great they would have won one of those. I'm not saying they are amazing, but they have the potential to be a final four team. I also never said the Big East wasn't better than the Big Ten this year, I was just saying last year, and simply saying the Big Ten doesn't always suck. But the Big East is far from the power conference it was last year. The Pac-10, ACC, and SEC are all better. Oh, and you cite MU beating Lou like that's a good win.You also say Duke, Kansas, UNC, and UT will improve and that they all start 2-4 freshmen and don't have a lot of court time. Umm, Ohio State does the same thing? And they have the best freshmen out of all of those teams besides Texas (Yes, right now Durant is better)? Yeah, I thought so.

--------------------
!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6482660 - 01/21/07 04:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
and OSU is extremely over-rated in Basketball, the only ranked team they have beaten is a struggling #24 Tennessee team.. they def have the potential to be great, but they dont seem to be playing as a team.. they either shoot 100 3's in a game, or they do nothing but feed greg oden.. if they could find a happy medium and learn to play better perimeter defense, they might be pretty good.

hmm, maybe you should learn how to read.. i said they have the potential to be great.. and anyone who watches OSU knows what im talking about.. they either shoot 3's all day.. or they do nothing but feed oden.. all they need to do is mature as a team.

and marquette has been playing pittsburgh very well all game.. we'll see if they can hold on and upset pitt at home.

and you said OSU's loses are all against ranked teams... which is true.. but they havent beaten ANYONE.. well Tennessee if you consider them to be any good.. they have such an easy schedule

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched?teamId=194

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6482948 - 01/21/07 05:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How bout my Golden Eagles? beating #6 Pitt at home today.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6483806 - 01/21/07 09:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Let's see if Marquette can take that kind of thing on the road. If they ever beat Pitt at the Zoo, I would be amazed, that place is tough to play. I'll admit I pretty much skipped over the part where you said OSU had potential. And yes, I do watch OSU play, I'm a season ticket holder, and I agree that they often fall victim to either throwing up too many threes or trying too hard to feed Oden. Against Iowa they had a nice flow, didn't force things to Oden just let him clean glass and fed it to the post when he was open. And yes, they haven't beat anyone, but it's not really their fault. Like you said, we'll see what happens in March. And don't act like you're the only one who likes Marquette, everyone knows they're one of the better teams in the Big East now that they're playing like they should. Also, people think too highly of Pitt. But it's a good win, go Big East!

And DAMN my boys SU lost to St. Johns today, making it the first New York team they've lost to in like 7 years or something like that. We are hurtin this year, especially since we only have 8 players now.

--------------------
!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6483819 - 01/21/07 09:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Marquette beat Pitt at the zoo today :smirk:

not to mention that they beat West Virginia, and Louisville on the road also.

--------------------

Edited by Banez (01/21/07 09:23 PM)

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #6484213 - 01/21/07 10:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh I thought the game was at Marquette. Very impressive them. James is a monster, top 3 PG in the country. Jarrel McNeil is pretty good too. As far as the other two wins go, there are far tougher places to win at on the road in the Big East, but winning on the road in general is pretty tough in college basketball.

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6495540 - 01/25/07 01:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
btw the Big East is MUCH MUCH better than the big 10.

I cant believe you actually said this.

Have you seen the teams in the big east?

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6495804 - 01/25/07 02:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hmm yeah... Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Providence, Syracuse, UConn (having an off year), Marquette, Seton Hall

theres 7 teams that will probably make the big dance.. maybe even throw Louisville in the mix.

Big 10 will probably land, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Indiania, and maybe 2 other teams.. Illinois and maybe a Michigan or Michigan State.. lucky to put 5 teams into the torney.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Sports Forum