Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: LT. [Re: Banez]
    #6281629 -

Banez said:
anyone who knows shit knows that LT has been throwing up over 1000 yards since he entered the league.. this doesnt include his catch passing ability.. he probably averages another 500 yards per season.



Not to mention a career passer's rating of 146.7  :thumbup:


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6282352 -

sorry its just weird for me to be like.. watching players now and realizing that they are the best ever.. your peyton mannings, marvin harrison, LT.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Banez]
    #6282995 -

Marvin Harrison is not going to be the best ever, Jerry Rice will likely never lose that crown.


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Banez]
    #6283803 -

Barry Sanders was better then LT



He played for horrid detroit teams and looked amazing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6286934 -

I agree with Barry being better than LT

but i dont agree with Rice being better than Harrison.. Harrison runs across the middle and i think CB's are a lot more physical now than 10 years ago. IMO.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Banez]
    #6291615 -

Harrison has a ways to go to be better than Rice IMO. LT could end up being better than Barry. Right now id say no but LT has many many years to come


--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: mushnoon]
    #6292591 -

it doesn't matter how many years LT plays...he's no Barry Sanders....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6293366 -

thats a thickheaded comment to make. you have no idea as to whether he will be or not


--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: mushnoon]
    #6293778 -

Their styles are completely different, thus making an objective comparison very difficult.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: mushnoon]
    #6293805 -

mushnoon said:
LT could end up being better than Barry. Right now id say no but LT has many many years to come



He's already only a few touchdowns behind Barry Sanders' career total and a few games' worth of receiving yards behind. In rushing yards he trails by thousands, but is on pace to beat BS's totals.

Not that numbers are everything, but I'd bet money that 10 years from now, L.T. will be a more celebrated back than Barry Sanders.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6294773 -

probably because fewer people will remember barry.. shit im 18 and dont really remember barry.. i mean ive seen highlights

LT is simply electric to watch.. he can do everything.. except place kick.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: mushnoon]
    #6295793 -

mushnoon said:
thats a thickheaded comment to make. you have no idea as to whether he will be or not



I know what I see


Barry Sanders was incredible...it doesn't matter what stats LT puts up...how long he plays

Sanders played on bad bad bad Detroit teams....and made the games exciting to watch.

He made defenders look stupid...all on his own

He would juke and break the defenders ankles. You'd see Sanders dissappear into a pile of defenders...only to squirt out and take in 80 yards for a touchdown. This wasn't a rare thing...it was the norm for Sanders.

Put Barry Sanders on even a mediocre team and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.


And dont get me wrong...LT is REALLY good...he just isn't the same caliber of running back as Barry Sanders.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6295806 -

:yesnod:


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6300663 -

LT is a more well-rounded back than Barry, though. I don't remember Barry being a great receiver or pass blocker and he sure didn't throw the ball for touchdowns like LT.

As a pure runner, I'd take Barry. If I need to win the game, I take LT.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #6300667 -

HE IS A-FUCKING-MAZING.

3, just about to be four touchdowns against the best defense in the league.


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #6300805 -

yeah.. hes nothing short of amazing.. truly the best back i have ever seen play the game.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Banez]
    #6301864 -

^^^thats what im saying. Barry made amazing plays that made defenders look flat out stupid. but so does LT. Not in the same caliber??? wrong, oh so wrong. rarely do I call an opinion wrong, but I will now


--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: mushnoon]
    #6302944 -

did i not make this entire thread to praise how amazing he is.. im just not ready to call a 6th year back the best EVER.. not quite yet.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: Banez]
    #6303496 -

"There's a lot of letters in LaDainian Tomlinson!"


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LT. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6303591 -

John Madden, LOL


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* LT goes off after Pats win.
( 1 2 all )
Banez 3,337 26 01/16/07 01:35 PM
by Banez
* LT MVP Pat Bateman, VP 1,074 17 01/05/07 04:40 PM
by AaronEvil
* LT released by Chargers
( 1 2 all )
Redstorm 1,740 29 03/16/10 09:30 AM
by Senor_Doobie
* LT visits the Vikings LiquidSmoke 785 8 03/12/10 12:12 PM
by LiquidSmoke
* LT and FF Geordi_La_Forge 298 2 12/11/06 04:12 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* Colts LT Tarik Glenn Retires OneMoreRobot3021 374 1 07/25/07 03:46 PM
by Banez
* Tebow
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Oil Field Trash 3,002 68 01/29/12 05:02 PM
by Oil Field Trash
* Career ender(Seattle) cApTaInCrAp 389 0 10/09/07 02:57 AM
by cApTaInCrAp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,485 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.