Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I just got a new job!!!
    #6056965 -

Enviromental Texas (a non-profit organization) just hired me.  I get to walk around downtown and talk to people about the environment, campaign against politicians, and go to state parks to help save the planet, and whatnot. 

HOW AWESOME IS THAT??!  Anyway, I have the feeling I'll love this job.  I've been trying to find something I can do to help the situation on Earth and now I feel like I've been given an opportunity to do that. 

Sweet!!  :thumbup: :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6056969 -

Congrats, though I have to say I hate those jobs. They pay extremely well here where I live, you can make 5-7 thousand in a summer just standing on street corners getting signatures, but I know how I treat those people and I wouldn't want to be treated the same way. :lol:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6056973 -

yea right... those are the people i throw pennies at from my car


good luck though! :grin:


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: Infrared]
    #6056977 -

It takes a certain kind of person to not let a job like that leave you disenchanted with the entire human race.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6056995 -

We'll see how it goes...I've never done ANYTHING like this before, but if we don't get the word out, how will people know?  The trick will be getting them to give a crap. 

I can stand a few pennies pelting my face in the NAME OF PLANET EARTH.  :evil:

Who knows, maybe I'll get a few quarters too.  Hey, this could add up fast, actually...

(It's part time work for now...Petfart burned me out so I'm restarting again slowly)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6057011 -

MOTH said:
We'll see how it goes...I've never done ANYTHING like this before, but if we don't get the word out, how will people know?  The trick will be getting them to give a crap. 

I can stand a few pennies pelting my face in the NAME OF PLANET EARTH.  :evil:

Who knows, maybe I'll get a few quarters too.  Hey, this could add up fast, actually...

(It's part time work for now...Petfart burned me out so I'm restarting again slowly)



Human beings are going, moving, doing.  You will get a tiny percentage to actually stop and give you a moment of their lives, and out of those only anothr small percentage will give money. Sad but true.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6057025 -

Oh well...as long as I'm out there doing SOMETHING on behalf of the environment, that's all I care about.  :smile: 

Trust me, it can't be worse then dog grooming.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6057045 -

Thats fucking awesome.  I hate environmentalist who turn into bitter pricks over the earths situation.  That gets nothing done.  We need people that can level with the situation.  Good luck, and every person that you get to help is one more we didn't have. 

Keep us updated on the job. :smile: :thumbup:


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: Toddo]
    #6057096 -

I've heard about some similar jobs like that in Austin. Be careful, some of them advertise good wages but they pay by the week, so after five ten hour days that $350/week is lousy.

Good luck!


--------------------
Yes, I could go drive somewhere everytime the urge to defecate hits, but...where's the fun in that.
-Moth

Edited by SilentG (09/13/06 12:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6057945 -

Rock n roll!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6058132 -

congrats on the new job. I did something similar to that, like giving people information about home improvement. worst job I ever had, althou like OMR said, it did pay very very well

Best of Luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6058141 -

Congrats! Best of luck to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6058147 -

Indeed... Congrats Moth!

that didnt take long.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6058532 -

a little late,

but congrats. im sure if you believe in the cause (and something tells me you do) im sure the harassment from regular people will be well worth it, not to mention the fat checks.

ps i don't lurk/post as much as i should, but you are elle right? i've been kinda curious for a while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #6058636 -

Congrats. I will also have a new job soon, provided I pass a drug test.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just got a new job!!! [Re: zSDMF]
    #6058940 -

zSDMF said:
a little late,

but congrats.  im sure if you believe in the cause (and something tells me you do) im sure the harassment from regular people will be well worth it, not to mention the fat checks.

ps i don't lurk/post as much as i should, but you are elle right?  i've been kinda curious for a while.



Yes, formerly Ellemy, now Moth. 

Good luck on your drug test, Silversoul!  :heart:

And thanks for the encouragement everyone, I start tomorrow, 8:30 am.  /nervous.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i GOT THE PETSMART JOB!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 5,674 80 08/03/05 01:25 PM
by curiouskittin
* the feeling of leaving a shitty job
( 1 2 all )
Chairman Meow 3,226 20 04/21/06 10:20 AM
by Octavius
* New job and drug test phi1618 1,188 8 06/04/04 09:45 PM
by vade
* Landed a job today Pathos 902 14 02/15/05 04:12 PM
by Cookies
* new job Hendostan 867 12 03/25/05 01:59 PM
by agr8fulchick
* Damn, Merrell is really the best Adom 960 8 12/30/04 09:34 PM
by Adom
* I got a job!
( 1 2 all )
Dreamer987 2,100 34 03/08/06 07:45 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Sushi Restaurant Job
( 1 2 all )
PDU 3,737 28 11/21/03 02:42 AM
by felix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
931 topic views. 6 members, 39 guests and 134 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.