Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
1984, the movie * 1
    #5991122 -

I cannot find this movie ANYWHERE. I called up blockbuster, they said none of their stores had it, and i tried netflix, and they said it was OOP. And on ebay, ive seen it running up to 70 bucks, damn. Does the goverment just not want it to be seen? Btw, its the 1984 movie made in 1984, not the stupid 50s shit. Any one have any clues? :syringe:


--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5991190 -

DO NOT pay $70 for that movie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5991199 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5991429 -

read the book.
the movie is not worth your time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5991962 -

It took a long time to make it to DVD, but it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I bought a copy at Borders in Eugene, Oregon, a few years ago...

Well, I just looked for it on Amazon, and it looks likes it's out of print now...

I hope I did buy a copy of it a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I did...

Those bastards... Those rat bastards...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5991975 -

There is no movie, there never was a movie. Implying that there was a crappy movie starring John Hurt is double plus ungood.

Rent Brazil by Terry Gilliam instead. (Make sure you get the version without the happy ending), or read the book.

But if you really want it, try searching for "Nineteen Eighty Four" which is the correct title, both for the book and the film, even though everyone writes "1984"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: koppie]
    #5992282 -

:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: Vvellum]
    #5992303 -

Just read the book. Way better.


--------------------
"...but by and large it was a simple intoxication with most things seeming quite hilarious. The intoxication was also quite extreme."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: Vvellum]
    #5992359 -

bi0 said:
read the book.
the movie is not worth your time.




--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: barfightlard]
    #5997474 -

Well I've already read the book and others of Orwells, but i would like to see the movie and show my brother who wont read the book. By the way, how big is that torrent 1984 dvd rip?


--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5997549 -

COX communications cable and internet provider frowns on downloading torrents. They cancelled our service and wouldn't reinstate it until we deleted the file. They told us we just committed strike 1 out of 3. Upon 3 strikes we can't ever get service through them again...


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5997558 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: TODAY]
    #5997663 -

DinahTheCat said:
I cannot find this movie ANYWHERE. I called up blockbuster, they said none of their stores had it, and i tried netflix, and they said it was OOP. And on ebay, ive seen it running up to 70 bucks, damn. Does the goverment just not want it to be seen? Btw, its the 1984 movie made in 1984, not the stupid 50s shit. Any one have any clues? :syringe:



i rented it from netflix like 2 years ago. it was good but probably because i understood it in reference to the book.
TODAY said:
COX communications cable and internet provider frowns on downloading torrents.  They cancelled our service and wouldn't reinstate it until we deleted the file.  They told us we just committed strike 1 out of 3.  Upon 3 strikes we can't ever get service through them again...



wtf are you serious?  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

what bothers me is that they bothered to spy on you enough to know. i suppose it could easily be automatically flagged but...


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/25/06 10:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #5997810 -

dr_gonz said:
the movie was terrible compared to the book



They fucked one of the most beautiful endings ever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5997833 -

okay first off, movies made from books always suck. unless of course you never read the book and even then most of them still suck.


--------------------
"There are three side effects of acid: enhanced long-term memory, decreased short-term memory, and I forget the third."-the man in the middle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: 8374837]
    #5998062 -

Some movies are alright when based upon a book, but its rare, but even then the book remains the better, such as Lord of The Rings i suppose.


Yeah, netflix says its OOP.


--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5998400 -

selling for $70 on ebay? surely u've gotta be kidding! if ur not i'm gonna buy a lorry-load full of 1984 dvd's here in the UK and ship them to the US to make my fortune!

the film is readily available here - amazon stock it for £6 (about $10). just found a copy on ebayUK current bid £1 with ten hours to go. they will ship worldwide for £3.

so as long as you have a region free dvd player (it will be a euro region dvd i expect) pop along to ebay.co.uk for a bargain!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: shnakboozy]
    #5998404 -

oh and it will be PAL as well of course - so the picture will be better! but u need a telly that will display it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5998651 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1984, the movie [Re: insectvhore]
    #6000114 -

Thanks, oh and i wish i had a region free dvd player, unfortunely not. I think the torrents working fine downloading currently, and if that doesnt work, ill be sure to try the rar, thanks.


--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Netflix v Blockbuster? Gijith 2,484 15 08/11/06 06:14 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* I'm rereading the book "1984" now.... MOTH 1,389 14 04/01/04 08:52 PM
by Asco
* Movies SubGen1us 1,189 16 10/25/04 02:26 AM
by Barbi
* Blockbuster vs. Netflix
( 1 2 all )
Banez 7,335 36 06/18/07 12:34 AM
by TM
* Post some good movies you watched lately.
( 1 2 all )
Toddo 3,414 39 12/19/06 10:18 PM
by DannyT
* I got a NetFlix coupon
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,233 23 05/26/05 02:49 PM
by blissedout
* netflix movies Phychotron 2,128 18 11/02/04 03:12 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* NetFlix itsbreck 2,974 15 10/26/06 03:39 PM
by slackerjack

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,216 topic views. 7 members, 29 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.