Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
John Lennon
    #5969183 -

Why does John Lennon get so much reverence in the counter culture. I just that he and another Beatle once mugged someone at gun point for the fun of it.

Doesn't sound like a very friendly thing to do. I was mugged once at gun point and I thought that was the night I was going to die.


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Lennon [Re: Basilides]
    #5969185 -

Lennon was just keepin' it real. He was the original gangsta.

Any sources to back up that claim? Sounds like a fun read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Lennon [Re: koppie]
    #5969259 -

I have a dvd about Pete Best... and they mention mugging somebody... it also tells a story about pissing off a church onto a nun... but I don't remember which Beatles took part in either act


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Lennon [Re: CosmicFool]
    #5969272 -

I think a big part of it was that he was apart of the most popular and arguably greatest band in the world, and he spoke freely and fondly of acid - I'm sure that was the convincing factor for people who weren't necessarily your all out free-spiritted flowers-in-the-hair types to go ahead and try acid?


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Lennon [Re: kake]
    #5970278 -

Paul McCartney owned him at songwriting, but John was more full of himself, and I think people latch on to that without thinking about it.
He did a lot of artsy stuff basically for the sake of being artsy, with a tad of meaning behind it. People buy into that stuff too.
Basically in the environment he was living he convinced himself he must be a genious, but due to that descicion was prolly a little more on the mad side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Lennon [Re: Disco Cat]
    #5970443 -

Im more of a fan of Paul and also think alot of Johns solo works suck I said alot not all though.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* John Lennon - "Rolling Stone LSD Interview" (mp3) LearyfanS 1,541 2 07/30/03 12:03 PM
by Anonymous
* John Lennon on Punk, Reggae and Disco (mp3) LearyfanS 5,129 4 02/09/05 08:16 PM
by Learyfan
* John Lennon - "Child Of Nature (early 'Jealous Guy')" (mp3) LearyfanS 797 1 12/08/05 10:14 PM
by geokills
* R.I.P. John Lennon IAmTheWalrus212 1,289 16 12/08/04 10:57 PM
by Golgi
* John Lennon - Amsterdam bed-in for peace (mp3) LearyfanS 912 2 03/26/05 09:18 PM
by Vvellum
* NYC Radio The Night John Lennon Died (mp3) Fungi_x 746 1 03/20/06 02:10 PM
by InTheFlesh714
* Rare John Lennon mp3's LearyfanS 1,119 5 01/15/04 09:47 AM
by Learyfan
* Today is John Lennon's Birthday Anonymous 597 3 10/09/03 07:36 PM
by TheCow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
767 topic views. 6 members, 467 guests and 309 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.