Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
When to hunt ?
    #589754 -

I've never hunted, but while reading the Psilocybin Mushrooms of the world book from Stamets, I discoverd that there was a place known for cyans next to me. I plan on hunting next week. Can someone tell me the basics ? It's the beginning of spring in a warm region. It doesn't rain often. Should I wait till it rains ? How many days after the rain should I go ? The rain factor is the one that I would really like to know. Thanx guys !


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #589781 -

hmm..well in no hunting expert...but i should say that spring isnt the time for hunting where u live at...rather late summer or fall...
The day after rain is a good time for hunting.

peace
//stonErollEr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #589812 -

Just visit this forum on a regular basis.
You'll know when season begins :wink: .
  Afaik, the best weather should be warm and humid, then rain for sometime and then warm again. Where i live we had rain for sometime on a cold weather wich soaked the soil, now we are having some warm weather with a little humidity, acording with the weather report the next days temps will mantain warm but with increased humidity, by next week we'll get some thunderstroms with many rain, after that i'll see the weather report again and will confirm next days temps and Rh, most probably the temps wll rise a bit because summer will  be there soon OR temps will drop again (wich has happened some times), something will surely fruit by then, being a colder fruiting specie or the opposite really depends on the last rain and following temperatures.
I have a living experience at my lawn where several species grow: Ps. Moellieri (merdaria), Ps. Coprophila, Pan foenisecci, Pan microsporus, Pan Antillarum, Conocybes, Galerinas and many more. Untill now it was only Ps Merdaria (a cold temps fruiter), as weather is heating more Pans begin to fruit and Ps Merdarias are leaving the scene, i have seen two lonely Ps. Coprophilas yesterday, haven't seen them since November last year.
Well, this makes me wait for more Pans to fruit meanwhile, other Ps. :wink:  perhaps later (like ending spring/begining summer)
  Anyway, this is my experience, hope i helped.

Peace,
MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: MAIA]
    #589938 -

I've heard that you could find pans in spring. That's why I wanted to know more. I'll have a walk in this place anyway, just to know the place. Thanx for the replies ! I really look forward to seeing this forum in full activity !


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #589956 -

Hello Tomldp,
What state/region do you live in? If you answer this, we may be able to help you more than you realize.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: Levi7]
    #589990 -

I'm in Europe...

>we may be able to help you more than you realize
That sounded really promising ! It's a pity you didn't live next to me !


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #589994 -

By the way, do you think there is a chance to find a new cubensis strain (and do you think i may be able to recognize it if I see one) ?


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #590098 -

Sorry but P. cubensis is only known of from tropical and subtropical climates and does not occur anywhere in Europe whatsoever. P. cubensis is a dung inhabitibng shroom.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #590141 -

That's sad ! No cubes in Europe...
I wish I could walk with you in my country. I would learn so many things !
Anyway, thanx a lot for the info mj !


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #590334 -

Yes but Europe is rich in other psilocybian species such as P. semilanceata (linberty cap) and P. cyanescens. Both fall mushrooms the former grows in manured soil in fields but not directly from manure inthe fall and the latter is a woodchip and beauty bark loving fall species ommon in gardns under rhoderdendrons and other plants.

Although Pn. subbalteatus is in your country theya re common but not abundant. Usually at race tracks and/or riding stables in rotted hay and sometimes directly in manure. They grow in the spring and fall during and right after the rainy season but not before it gets to ho./

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #590613 -

Thanx a lot mj ! This is valuable knowledge that will help me. I'll post pics of what I find (if I manage to find something) in the future.

:smile:


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to hunt ? [Re: tomldp]
    #590760 -

I also live in Europe... southern.

Peace,
MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pac Northers we gotta do a serious rain dance
( 1 2 all )
cardboard 4,148 25 08/11/03 03:04 AM
by CoralReefer
* The hunt for the Paneolus Subbalteatus begins! PsiloSteve 1,341 5 03/03/04 05:47 PM
by PsiloSteve
* Help Shroom Hunting! PaPa 1,361 3 03/08/02 03:30 AM
by MagicRooms
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,014 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* HUNTING HELP ASAP shroomdom 3,595 17 10/28/01 08:21 PM
by Levi7
* how much rain/how long to grow? soad05 3,345 5 03/23/04 08:00 PM
by angryshroom
* my morning mushroom hunt NiGGy 2,408 4 05/10/03 07:41 AM
by aeonblue
* When to go hunting in southern Louisiana?
( 1 2 all )
Twisted_Styles 7,419 34 06/05/07 10:43 PM
by squigglesLa888

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,493 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.