Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Let's just talk about Neil Young some more.
    #5708010 -

My favorite Neil song right now is Dreaming Man.

I'm a dreaming man/
Guess that's my problem/
I can't tell when I'm/
Not being real


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708022 -

hey hey, my my


--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708025 -

he's doing pretty well for his age... to many musicians from his generaion are dead

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #5708029 -

Neil is a great example of why I love Canada and Canadian people.  I wanna take a ride in a convertible like the car that's stuck in the sand on the cover of On The Beach, through the Canadian countryside.  Blink'll be driving, me riding shotgun. Trendal's in the back rolling spliff after spliff in some sort of air-blowing-all-the-weed-away-proof device he built out behind his house out of turbo RC engines and random pipes RandalFlagg gives him. Bom is sitting next to him, sparking up the joints as he finishes em.  We're blasting Neil and riding towards the sundown like it was never gonna finish. :rockon:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708034 -

Dreaming Man is one of my all time favs. I also like:

Heart of Gold
Old man
Helpless
Natural Beauty
Long May You Run
Sugar Mountain

...and many more.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #5708037 -

Hey K_C good to see you. :smile:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708043 -

Good to see you.

Long live Neil. I truly love that man.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #5708051 -

me too. You know, I'm not crazy about The Last Waltz...but the few minutes that Neil is on stage is so fucking powerful it kills me. He's just a great soul.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. *DELETED* [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708055 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: blink]
    #5708063 -

(Your Chuck Norris thing is all brokeback on my computer, it never loads.)

I'd put my life in your driving hands anytime, too, after the way you handled them snowblowin' winds. I'm definitely wanting to hit up Canada by summer's end. Beerfest sounds fun!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708077 -

You know I have yet to see The Last Waltz. Shame on me I know.

Did you see the Heart of Gold movie that came out not too long ago? I saw it on the big screen and thought it was pretty good. He performed his whole Prairie Wind album with a band backing him up and then they went into several classic songs. Good stuff but I prefer hearing/seeing him completetly solo. I got to see him in '99 solo at a small theater and it was one of the best concerts I ever was at.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #5708080 -

I'm jealous, I haven't seen Neil Young.

Crosby, Stills and Nash three times, but Neil would be something else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #5708086 -

My girlfriend saw a screening of that movie and a Q&A with the director afterwards. Lucky sonuvabitch she is - I believe he also directed Stop Making Sense, my favorite movie of all time.

I've never gotten to see Neil (I also haven't heard Prarie Wind yet!) but I may go see CSNY this summer. Not crazy about them but it seems like something I should catch.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708098 -

I was going to visit Neil Youngs house in Hawaii, I don't know what happened but we didn't go.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5708099 -

For last year's Coachella two of my friends stayed at his house while he wasn't here. One of the kid's moms is an uber-powerful record exec type who handles a lot of Neil's affairs and he lent them one of his houses. I wish I coulda gone and checked it out.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708110 -

Yepppppppp

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708130 -

A day ago I found a Neil TAPE CASSETTE in my truck, I think it was harvest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: Noetical]
    #5708136 -

Cool, my girlfriend has a copy of Everybody Knows This is Nowhere on tape that we actually listen to a lot.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708169 -

my dad has some Neil Young vinyls from way back, can't find a place to play them if he wanted to

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Let's just talk about Neil Young some more. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5708183 -

Actually, because of all the recent Neil Young talk on here, I've almost finished downloading most of his albums. Mostly the early(-y + ier) stuff.


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Neil Young Appreciation Thread TheDudeAbides 1,544 15 07/24/05 11:51 PM
by wapwap
* Harvest never gets old .... PawPaw 882 12 02/09/05 09:36 PM
by Infrared
* Neil Young - After The Goldrush trendalM 1,810 19 08/20/04 08:50 AM
by Phishgrrl
* "Homegrown" Neil Young McKennaFan200 1,247 11 08/19/04 05:28 PM
by Anonymous
* Neil Young OneMoreRobot3021 606 11 05/12/06 11:38 PM
by Skunk420
* Neil Young/Crazy Horse on tour........... Bullfrog1 1,363 9 04/17/03 05:09 PM
by baraka
* Neil Young - Only Love Can Break Your Heart trendalM 1,105 11 08/25/05 05:15 PM
by Nashbar
* some new neil FL_accciD 589 6 10/02/05 09:40 PM
by angryjslice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,151 topic views. 1 members, 60 guests and 198 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.