Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ
    #5242354 -

A letter to me from Gartz about the Hofmann LSD conference and birthday party.



mj

I will asked him for some photographs,.

JOhn

Edited by mjshroomer (01/30/06 06:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5242404 -

lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5242407 -

I wonder what his recollections are, he seemed pretty bored there...


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5242430 -

...where's the letter?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #5242432 -

HE is a loner. I have known him, picked shrooms with him in two states and lkectured with him. He still is in the past in Germany and thinks it is still under watch. He is the only Professional Ph.D. I know who refeuses to have an email account.

He stays to himself at many conferences. He lectures and then leaves with out socialing very much.

It takes two ewweeks or longer to write him when we are working on a paper and then he takes just as long to return a meassage to me.

I sent our manuscript on the 14th of November. It sat int he German post office until it came back to Seattle on Jan 14, two months later. Then Gartz writes he wants to know where it is.

It is also practically impossible to phone him as they have to look for him if I call.

Anyway, I just wrote to him and global expressed his copy of the said manuscript back to him again. Pissed off that it cost me almost 20 dollars to do so.

Later,

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5242451 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: RESTLESS]
    #5242505 -

RESTLESS said:



yeah, that's pretty much the same impression I got from this thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5242612 -

Who is Gartz?





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: Learyfan]
    #5243392 -

WEll I have no idea what happened there. I posted the letter. Every now and then I get a pager opened which says done with errors.

I just came but to see if anyone responded and the letter was not there.

So here is another.

Learyfan,

Gartz is a biologist and chemist who is also a mycologist at the University of Leipzig.

He has authored over 50 papers on the cultivation and chemical analysis of psilocybian mushrooms, five with me, co-author of Teonanacatl: A Bibliography of Psilocybian Mushrooms and Psilocybian Mushroom Cultivation with me on CD-Rom, is the author of hallucinogens and Socialism in nazi Germany, and author of Narrenshchwammer (Foolish Mushrooms) and Magic Mushrooms Around the World.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5243437 -

Quote:
is the author of hallucinogens and Socialism in nazi Germany



Strange subject for a book. What kinds of hallucinogens were going around during Nazi Germany??






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gartz Comments on Hofmann's B-Day to MJ [Re: Learyfan]
    #5243782 -

Haha... often called "DMT". Almost mentioned "cubes" then... cubensis weren't popular back then... then, oh yeah. Doh.

Leary: If you've got any more pictures from that collection. I'd love to see them. :smile:


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (01/30/06 07:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MJ - The Interview Exclusivuea World Spirit 2,241 19 03/15/05 05:17 PM
by Jim
* My 12,001 post at the Shroomery.: Albert Hofmann Melts
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,001 29 03/16/06 10:00 PM
by mjshroomer
* Albert Hofmann's "Transmiter Receiver" recording Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 1,219 10 04/11/05 05:53 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* MJ Throws a Party mjshroomer 1,144 13 03/06/06 04:50 PM
by Silverwolf
* "Hofmann's Potion: The Early Years Of LSD"
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 6,178 37 11/13/04 09:48 PM
by Learyfan
* The Rise in the Use of Hallucinogenic Drugs in the 1990s I_Fart_Blue 2,925 9 10/03/16 04:31 PM
by g00ru
* LSD Symposium 2006 (100th Birthday of Albert Hofmann)- Basel(13-15 January) butterflydawn 1,691 16 10/27/05 01:35 PM
by butterflydawn
* Albert Hofmann's 99 birthday conference call (mp3) LearyfanS 1,137 5 02/17/05 09:44 PM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
926 topic views. 6 members, 14 guests and 258 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.