Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
bryce canyon trip, with pictures
    #5210477 -

I thought that some people might be interested in my report with pictures. The hardest part about writing about this experience is where to begin. I guess I will start at the beginning.

Soundtrack: Explosions in the sky - Those who tell the truth shall die, Those who tell the truth shall live forever. (The mood for the entire experience.)

Last summer my friend and I decided to take a roadtrip from Chicago to Bryce Canyon, Utah to experience the magic mushroom in complete connection with nature: little did we know.

After several days on the road we arrived at our destination. We had planned on backpacking through the rugged backcountry of Bryce, but because I was not feeling 100% we decided to find a campsite and chill out.

The day was beautiful, partly cloudy but nice and warm. My friend and I decided to go on a walk down a trail. We had noticed a campsite no more than a mile down the trail and went to check it out.

While walking down the trail I asked him if he thought it would be a good idea to eat our special food. We both agreed that it would make the walk much more enjoyable and because we had only brought a low dose of about 1 gram each; we figured the effects would only be a slight increase in colors and pleasure; boy, were we wrong!

After walking down the trail for what seemed like a few minutes we came to the campsite and saw a mound of dirt. (Below)


We had no idea what view awaited us on the other side of this hill. I was beginning to feel the effects of the mushrooms and we both decided to venture up to the top of the hill and smoke some weed.

This is the view we were greeted with above the hill.


As you can see we were completely alone and able to sit right on the edge of the cliff. This view was indescribable and I can imagine that many of you know how much more powerful those psilocybin became when looking out at such a beautiful expanse and scenery. I sat down on the edge of the cliff and began to meditate and admire the sheer beauty that was in front of me.
"How lucky we are to be able to find a spot of such serenity and solitude."

Yes, this was exactly what I had imagined: the euphoria began to overtake me. This is the view directly to the left of us.



My friend climbed out onto this edge and began to meditate; I was not worried. The clouds were casting shadows in the canyon and it just seemed so unreal. It was about this time that I noticed that more clouds had begun to appear and me and my friend watched as thunderstorms swept through the valley below. (You can see that in the picture above.) [I had more pictures of this but I temporarily misplaced that roll of film. If it turns up I will post more.]



I was in awe as I watched the jutted sides of red and white cliffs turn into faces and melt into each other in a beautiful symphony of color and emotion. This is about the time that I realized that things were about to go down hill real fast; the temperature began to drop and a wind rolled through the ancient forest that had become our heaven.



I knew that this wasn't good as we were not prepared at all to be caught in a Utah ice storm. Luckily, I had brought my GPS system so I would not get completely lost.

"Hey, I think we should get going before things get shitty."
"Yeah, lets hurry the f' up."

Not more than a second after this exchange of words, the most intense hail storm I have ever experienced began.
I am not going to lie I was scared. Anyone who has taken mushrooms knows that they don't do much to improve mobility. We had over a mile back the car; not just any mile, an extremely uphill mile.

I began to run. As I started to run the hail came down harder and harder. BANG! BANG! CRACK! Lightning started to strike trees no more than twenty feet from us. Oh god, I remember how before and after each strike my hair literally stood on end. I was running uphill as fast as I could, I was tripping pretty hard and was sick so it began to take a physical toll. At one point my friend and I were convinced we had missed our trailhead exit and began to panic. We going to die out here?

I had a new respect for the rocks that had been shaped and molded by this violent and beautiful mother earth. I asked the rocks for their strength and continued my ascent toward safety. Finally I knew that I was going to make it out alive. I could see the car. I looked back and became overwhelmed. I began to puke. This was probably a natural response to the extreme stress I had put on my body by running up a mountain for a mile straight over 8,000 ft in the air plus I was already running a slight fever.

When we got to the car we realized that we were both tripping hard. We had to make a tough decision: drive out of Bryce and get a hotel room.

We managed to collect ourselves (somewhat) and make it to a hotel where we were able to rent a room. Then we were unable to get into the room because they gave us the wrong key (Three times). I have new respect for my friend who had to collect himself and deal with the hotel attendant those several times. Who knew a gram could be so powerful?

Finally we made it to the hotel room.



I slept for about 16 hours and recovered nearly fully. We ended up camping out at the campsite the next day and it was awesome. I would recommend Bryce Canyon to anyone wishing to experience nature. Just remember: nature is not only beautiful, it is harsh. Prepare for the worst and be ready to be amazed.

If anyone wants to know specific details (the secret location.) Feel free to PM me.

I have more pictures too.
-Soozler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: soozler]
    #5210528 -

That sounds like quite the experience! The feeling of coming over that ridge and seeing that beautiful sight must have been unbelievable. And then to go from that euphoria to the anxiety/terror of the hail storm must have been quite a shock to your system.

Sounds like a beautiful place, you should go back when you know the weather is going to be clear all day!


--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1840.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: UncleTank]
    #5210645 -

Yea,

I forgot to mention how stupid we were for so little planning and or weather concern.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: soozler]
    #5210653 -

I was there a couple years back. Very nice. I didn't trip there, but did smoke pot out on one of those ridges that looking real dangerous.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: soozler]
    #5210669 -

Badass. I drove by Bryce Canyon on my road trip out West over the summer but I didn't have time to check it out. I did check out Zion National Park though. It was awesome:






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: soozler]
    #5210676 -

GPS is good.. the proper gear is very important.. but as any survival guide/book/whatever will tell you.. all these things are completely useless without the knowledge to use them, and the knowledge to get by in extreme situations. Glad you guys came out alright though.. at least you weren't miles and miles into the wilderness!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: Shroomism]
    #5210720 -

I could really have used GPS several times. I've done a bunch of solo hiking/canoeing trips in northen Minnesota and northern Wisconsin. I've been "lost" in some isolated wilderness more times than I can remember.

There's been several times that I've had a map and compass and had to find my way out of the wilderness. With a limit supply of water and food (plenty of drugs), it gets a little stressful. A place like Bryce is another story, even if you got lost, there's a ranger nearby and National Park service, someone would find you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: soozler]
    #5210883 -



tremendous


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (03/20/14 05:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: XUL]
    #5211083 -

Southern Utah is just amazing!!!

Some friends and I ate a bunch of shrooms in Capital Reef National Park last year and wandered around some sprawling fruit orchards and big rock piles under the light of the moon. Sur-fuckin-real!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures *DELETED* [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #5212091 -

Post deleted by soozler

Reason for deletion: Privacy


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: soozler]
    #5212643 -

You know we have a forum for this right?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/hiking


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: Shroomism]
    #5213867 -

"Access Denied.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page."


-Apparently not?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: Shroomism]
    #5213895 -

Shroomism said:
You know we have a forum for this right?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/hiking



shut down~~~~


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: Shroomism]
    #5214396 -

Shroomism, since the hiking forum is a sub-forum of Gathering, can folks not yet eligible to get into the gathering forum still access the Hiking? The link worked fine for me, even though they said they weren't able to get in.

That forum needs some new faces, too! I know there are a lot more outdoor minded folks around here than post in that forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #5214488 -

Doh! I forgot it's a sub-forum of the gathering forum... in which you must be registered for I think a month..
and have 50-100 posts.. not sure.. anyway.. yeah it seems you can't access it unless you can access the gathering forum...
solutions anyone? :strokebeard:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bryce canyon trip, with pictures [Re: Shroomism]
    #5214703 -

Unless it's given its own forum status, or made a subforum of a different, more accessible forum, there will continue to be people unable to access it. After reading Ythan's post on forum creation... and scanning over the current list of forums here, I don't know how it would be best solved. Maybe a "Science, Nature, and Outdoors" forum???

But that's why you moderators make the big bucks, right? Cuz somebody's gotta do the hard work around here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and the Arizona desert (pics!) RandalFlagg 1,269 12 10/14/06 04:18 PM
by Nashbar
* Picture Time... Show Your Stuff!!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 63 64 )
RebelSteve33 140,672 1,266 08/27/04 10:31 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Post some pictures... (A quasi-narcissistic thread)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Adamist 20,989 114 01/06/04 04:17 PM
by notapillow
* Salt River Canyon RandalFlagg 340 2 07/19/05 11:30 AM
by RandalFlagg
* Flatirons/Golden Canyon State Park RandalFlagg 394 1 06/22/05 03:03 PM
by Dragonaut
* Favorite pictures from the 60's
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Ripple 5,868 68 04/21/03 07:34 AM
by Ripple
* Chilled out pictures
( 1 2 all )
Chemical_Smile 3,452 21 06/21/22 12:05 AM
by gamergod88
* Pic of me tripping! Purple_Voyage 2,581 14 11/08/02 02:11 AM
by zeta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,500 topic views. 4 members, 88 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.