Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Those who know Physics...
    #4989351 -

I'm trying to figure out this problem, but I can't.

I gotta leave for a test on this stuff in about 25 minutes.

Bill throws a 50.0g ball downward from a height of 2.00m. The ball is traveling at 8.50 m/s just prior to hitting the ground. With what speed did Bill throw the ball?

I can't find an equation that doesn't require both the initial velocity and the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989355 -

The equations I have that might be of use would be...

S = .5(Vi + Vf)t
S = Vav t
Vf^2=Vi^2 + 2as
Vf = Vi + at

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989356 -

Wouldn't you use the basic gravitational acceleration equation to figure out how fast it's going when falling from that height, and then just figure out the difference between the answer that yields and the speed given?


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: Konnrade]
    #4989364 -

He didn't just drop it, he threw it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989370 -

Yes but it would accelerate all the same, would it not? Subtract the end result from acceleration from that height out of the given speed upon hitting the ground.

At least, that's what I'd do, and I aced physics in high school.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: Konnrade]
    #4989375 -

Well how would you do it? If you could type it out, or at least the start that would be great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: Konnrade]
    #4989379 -

Konnrade said:
Yes but it would accelerate all the same, would it not? Subtract the end result from acceleration from that height out of the given speed upon hitting the ground.

At least, that's what I'd do, and I aced physics in high school.




Makes sense to me..... :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4989381 -

Oh, never mind, I got it.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989387 -

One more.

Megan's mass is 28.0kg. She climbs 4.8m up the ladder of a slide and then slides down, reaching a speed of 3.20m/s at the bottom. Determine the work done on Megan by the force of friction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989395 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: Anno]
    #4989401 -

Ah yes, of course, potential energy - kinetic energy. Makes sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989413 -

Thanks everyone. :heart: :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4989432 -

I'm glad I'm not taking a test right now

:bongload:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: TheDude]
    #4989686 -

damn i fucking hate physics.


--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Those who know Physics... [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4990718 -

Hehe, I loved physics. It was the easiest class I ever took. The teacher had some issues though, man did you not want to piss that guy off. A gregarious, but tempermental italian white man. I think he might have worked at NASA at some point.

Basically physics is a class where you learn concepts and solve equations that your required algebra classes have drilled the necessary skills for into your head long ago. And to make things even better, I programmed many of the equations into my calculator so I could just input the variables and have it do the work for me. I love being both lazy and smart, they mix together quite well at times.

If you have a Texas Instruments graphing calculator capable of being programmed, I'd recommend you do the same, it's a real timesaver on homework. Assuming you dont need to show excessive amounts of work to get credit.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Oxytocin, the Wonder Drug of Physical and Mental Health (long) OneWhoHasSeen 20,726 7 07/14/08 06:47 PM
by LayYouIn
* quantum physics.....
( 1 2 all )
mikeytro 4,968 37 04/12/07 02:53 PM
by Ego Death
* Physics Major g00ru 2,191 18 06/12/08 10:18 PM
by Konyap
* LOL wtf, rap video about physics made from some chick? MarioTrip 500 2 09/02/08 04:29 PM
by skunkape
* Basic physics help
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 2,351 22 10/03/06 02:06 AM
by Konnrade
* Need To Know! Non DOT drug test/Physical Helge 9,603 4 05/31/06 10:22 PM
by Helge
* The physics of physics GreenScreen 1,128 14 06/07/07 06:26 AM
by trendal
* my brother, the physics professor nonick 1,233 13 12/12/05 10:03 AM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
955 topic views. 4 members, 52 guests and 341 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.