Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Pro-marijuana group says some drivers may be safer 'stoned' [AU]
    #4878032 -

Pro-marijuana group says some drivers may be safer 'stoned'
November 1, 2005 - abc.net.au

A northern NSW organisation that wants marijuana legalised says long-term users are more likely to drive more safely while under the influence than if they are forced to go without the drug.

A new study has revealed many cannabis users often drive after using the drug, which increases the risk of crashes.

It also revealed the only deterrent to driving stoned was police roadside testing.

But Michael Balderstone from the Nimbin Hemp Embassy says it was hard to test the responses of drivers because cannabis affects people differently.

"I don't know what to think about it and it hasn't come near us yet," he said.

"If they put saliva testing outside Nimbin we'd all be riding horses. There are a lot of people who smoke pot fairly regularly, now how long [does] it stay in your blood ? How long after a joint can you drive?

"All these things are relevant and there needs to be real research and education on it, but the big catch is people who are used to driving stoned will be more dangerous if they're not stoned in many cases."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pro-marijuana group says some drivers may be safer 'stoned' [AU] [Re: veggie]
    #4878868 -

I drive high just fine. And it's true what they say, I take less risks, stop for questionable yellow lights, and am in general an extremely safe driver.


--------------------
:orly:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pro-marijuana group says some drivers may be safer 'stoned' [AU] [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #4879827 -

I gotta say, the first time I drove a car I was taking my friends parents benz on a burn ride. Regardless of how much experience I've had, and even though my record is better high than sober...I still feel highly uncomfortable behind the wheel when I am high, and I believe that lack of comfort could be detrimental w/in itself to my driving.

but as they stated, we all react differently

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pro-marijuana group says some drivers may be safer 'stoned' [AU] [Re: peepeepottypants]
    #4879894 -

I think this would only apply to people that smoked pot everyday for years and years. I know a guy who smoked for about 40 years, and he always gets high before long road trips. He hasn't had a serious ascendant once in his life.
Personally I notice people are slower and more patent when stoned, even if their reflexes aren't quiet as good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* California judge blasts drug war at pro-marijuana rally in R motamanM 2,649 1 05/06/03 02:08 AM
by thestringphish
* Marijuana smokers buying poisoned dope Sheepish 2,709 11 08/16/04 02:40 PM
by Twirling
* Marijuana use doubles: study ShroomAcolyte 1,590 8 11/25/04 08:53 PM
by Hans_Moleman
* MARYLAND GOV. EHRLICH SIGNS MARIJUANA LAW motamanM 5,570 3 05/27/03 06:27 AM
by Seuss
* Doctors link marijuana to mental illness
( 1 2 all )
veggieM 7,608 21 06/22/08 08:01 PM
by Visionary Tools
* No prosecution for medical marijuana SeussA 1,492 1 04/27/04 12:37 PM
by DailyPot
* Toronto police pull plug on pro-pot rally Le_Canard 1,226 1 08/23/04 08:10 PM
by chodamunky
* Canadians march for legalization of marijuana motamanM 2,656 3 05/05/03 05:30 PM
by chodamunky

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, veggie, Alan Rockefeller, Mostly_Harmless
1,095 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.