Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anyone going to Schwagstock?
    #4841601 -

?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #4842846 -

What the hell is it?


--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #4843034 -

Doesn't sound very appealing...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #4843315 -

wwww.theschwag.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #4847068 -

go to the gathering forum.
big post about it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4174176/an/0/page/0

and the schwag is a great band
one of the best GD cover bands you will ever see
and the vibe is just like a dead show back in the day.
everybody is cool.

they are having a Spookstock for halloween!
http://www.theschwag.com/spookstock4.html


--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #4847105 -

PinballWizard said:
Doesn't sound very appealing...



joe666 promotes Shwagstock nearly non-stop. oddly enough, it's against the rules to promote anyone but the shroomery.com sponsors, and I doubt "the schwag" has done anything to sponsor the shroomery. It's a money making endeavor for some individuals with drugs and the Grateful Dead "vibe" as it's advertising ploy. Definitely not part of the Deadhead mentality, but to each his own. I'm sure it's a blast, to drive all the way to Missouri to listen to a cover band.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #4847303 -

I was but my car has a blown head gasket and the money I had saved for spookstock now goes to that. :frown:  I missed the shroomery meeting at the last one so I'm kinda mad, but there is always next year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Nashbar]
    #4847435 -

you know so little of which you speak.
If you went to a stock you'd change your post.

I can promote any BAND I want.
alot of people in this forum like the dead.I don't see why you can't get a little schwag, when the kind isn't around. if you get my drift.

if the schwag was in it for the money I'm sure they'd have alot more than they do. these people take a big risk with the land they bought to hold these kinds of events. they could be shut down by rave-act type policies and fined or imprisoned.

what have you done to sponser the shroomery?
I've been a sponser this past year for a bit.
hell, I sent in 5 bucks back in 01 when the shroomery needed a new server!


--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Nashbar]
    #4847477 -

Nashbar said:
joe666 promotes Shwagstock nearly non-stop. oddly enough, it's against the rules to promote anyone but the shroomery.com sponsors, and I doubt "the schwag" has done anything to sponsor the shroomery. It's a money making endeavor for some individuals with drugs and the Grateful Dead "vibe" as it's advertising ploy. Definitely not part of the Deadhead mentality, but to each his own. I'm sure it's a blast, to drive all the way to Missouri to listen to a cover band.



First of all, I have no financial connection whatsoever to Schwagstock and I doubt that joe666 does, either. With that in mind, here are my thoughts.

There aren't many festival choices for people living in that area. Wakarusa is 4 1/2 hours away from St. Louis, and Bonnaroo is nearly 6 hours away.

The east and west coast festivals attract better talent, but you can't blame that on Schwagstock. There just isn't as much interest in the jam band scene in the Midwest. 10,000 Lakes, practically in Fargo, ND, had a good turnout, but many of the people going came all the way from New England, aside from a large Chicago contingent.

Gathering of the Vibes was, in my opinion, the best music festival I attended of the six (*) I went to this season. It was a long drive for me, but it would take a good two days to get there from St. Louis. It was located in eastern New York, so it could draw from the huge hippie population in New England. The headliner of GOTV was also a cover band, Dark Star Orchestra to be specific. Admittedly, Dark Star Orchestra is more entertaining than the Schwag, but they have two different aims. DSO aims for exact replication of Dead shows while the Schwag do some awesome and some all right versions of Dead songs, but most are decent.

I saw no evidence of the Schwagstock staff selling drugs or promoting the selling of drugs. Of all six festivals, I saw fewer drugs at Schwagstock than any of the other five. Virtually every drug was to be had, but drug sales were low key.

They weren't exploiting the scene, either. Vendors were selling $20 Grateful Dead t-shirts at GOTV and Dead merchandise was plentiful everywhere else in part due to the anniversary.

As for me, I don't live anywhere near Schwagstock, but I wanted to meet up with some people who live in the area that couldn't afford to make it to a festival further away. I consider myself lucky to have been able to afford to make the trip.

Hopefully I've addressed all of your thoughts.

(*) Bonnaroo, All Good, 10,000 Lakes, GOTV, moe.down, and Schwagstock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: joe666]
    #4847511 -

Complain all you want Nash, but it's about as dead as it gets nowadays. I do admit schwagtocks have their fair share of hustlers (and I'm thankful for most of them). But as far as the event itself goes, there is no big money in it for the supporters or the band itself. Anyone who has been to a stock and looked around knows that. Even these money making individuals that feed off the Dead's no-hastle system aren't that bestowed with much wealth. I've seen way worst at true Dead shows. Way way worst. But as you say, to each his own.

Personally, I can't take Dark Star Orchestra. I've got some bad trips under that band. I find the Schwag to be much more enjoyable.

Bonnaroo, Wakarusa, 10klf, Allgood, Schwagstocks, MIM, Riverfest, Spectra Inertia, Lovefest.. Next: Spookstock

..... I'd do vegoose, but The Schwag are much closer.

Edited by Edgekrusher (10/24/05 08:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #4847554 -

cant wait to hit this one up

the schwag= schwag

the dead= nugs likilikiliki


--------------------
"Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: LeastResistance]
    #4847698 -

Bad trips during Dark Star Orchestra? Odd.

Their performance during All Good Festival this year was stunningly beautiful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: nookjohn]
    #4847727 -

I like DSO.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone going to Schwagstock? [Re: gdman]
    #4847764 -

Dino English: (drums) ? Studying percussion in College and playing in Jazz and concert bands allowed Dino to adapt to many musical projects both live and in the studio. After discovering the Dead, Dino's love for for that music led him to play in a series of Dead-oriented groups culminating in his current position playing the part of Bill Kreutzmann in DSO. Dino played most recently with The Schwag from St. Louis. Before that he played with The Kind, Vitamin A, East Ash, the Icons and Carpe Diem.
Email: dino@darkstarorchestra.net


--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* spookstock 11 and the Legend Of MO Camp Zoe! SpiffyStump 306 1 10/19/15 02:00 PM
by daytripper05
* Spookstock Anyone??? superbob57 488 1 10/26/06 01:15 AM
by thehandtruck
* SCHWAGSTOCK 39
( 1 2 all )
psylopsycho 4,623 35 01/21/09 11:46 AM
by effin_eh
* Schwagstock or Family?
( 1 2 all )
downforpot 2,943 20 06/07/05 01:06 PM
by downforpot
* schwagstock 45 sept 17 18
( 1 2 all )
iggyzag 1,840 20 09/12/10 07:38 PM
by thecbc
* Spookstock 9??
( 1 2 all )
Grateful 2,115 24 11/07/10 01:42 AM
by Grateful
* Only a few days until SCHWAGSTOCK!!!! dressel11 1,004 10 09/15/05 01:44 PM
by Adden
* First post here - Schwagstock 42 jiveafro 1,227 4 09/17/09 05:36 PM
by eisenberg316

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,378 topic views. 4 members, 30 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.