Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidnightLamp
Stranger

Yet another tea question
    #4616859 - 09/03/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My friend and I are going to trip tomorrow night and I have a few quick questions about the tea that I haven't found else where on the site.

Would using a microwave to boil the water make it any less effective than using a stove top? Because once the water is out of the microwave it would cool down fairly quickly right? I would think maybe this wouldn't get the mushrooms hot enough.

How does one go about straining out the tea? What are your exact methods?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Yet another tea question [Re: MidnightLamp]
    #4617021 - 09/03/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Go ahead and heat the water in the microwave, but I'd recommend against putting the mushrooms in there.

My exact method is to grind the mushrooms to a powder in a blender, then put them into a teapot and prepare as you would normal tea. I will also add stuff to such as lemon and honey if I have them around. Mint/mushroom tea is a good combination as well as it reduces nausea.

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: Yet another tea question [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #4617050 - 09/03/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

gbhtrfv, are you saying you put the powder into the pot itself? don't people normally make tea by dipping the tea after the water is boiled?

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

OfflineMidnightLamp
Stranger

Re: Yet another tea question [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4617123 - 09/03/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm planning on boiling the water before I throw anything in. And as far as methods of putting the mushrooms in do you make a bag with mushrooms out of a coffee filter or what? Or do you throw them in plain and then try to get the powder out with the filter?

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: Yet another tea question [Re: MidnightLamp]
    #4617385 - 09/03/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm making tea in a few minutes, I hope I don't screw it up. What is the temperature and or time it takes to ruin the mushrooms in boiling water?

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
644 topic views. 0 members, 32 guests and 41 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.