Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Kratom
    #4587485 - 08/27/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have been reading up on this stuff and it sounds interesting. It is also convenient that it is legal, because I am now getting drug tested regularly. I haven't been able to find a definite answer as to whether or not this could produce a false-positive. Does anybody know if this might produce a false-positive on a home drug test (especially for opiates?)

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOrbitalCid
Stranger
Re: Kratom [Re: CUBErt]
    #4588112 - 08/27/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I've got the same problem. I love this stuff though, really cool. They test us all the time, so I try and save it for right after the test to give myself a little buffer. I've heard it does act as opiates, binding with whatever in the same way, so I imagine it might cause a false-positive, but I've got no backround on that.

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Kratom [Re: OrbitalCid]
    #4588123 - 08/27/05 07:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yeah im with both of u guys.. based on the fact that it is an opiate i would think it could cause a false-positive.. it might just not be illegal to posses.. well ill be checkin back to see if we get an answer to this

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Kratom [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4588152 - 08/27/05 07:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Kratom isn't an opiate, it just acts in some similar ways. If it was it would give a positive, not a false positive.

Urine test usually check for metabolites of drugs, so i wouldn't think Kratom would cause false positives. That's a guess though, and i have heard people suggest it might.

Someone fancy trying it? Kratom makes me sick as a dog!

Of course, unless you are not under specific suspicion of using opiates, you could always say you took co-codamol for a headache the night before if you get a positive result. Having a half empty packet on you always looks good too......

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: Kratom [Re: Oakbear]
    #4588434 - 08/27/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah my problem is that I am under specific suspicion of opiates, so I can't risk a false-positive. I'm not even eating poppy seed bagels  :tongue:. Im gonna keep lookin around on the net and let you others know if I find something. In the meantime maybe someone with the knowledge will set us straight.

--------------------
-CUBErt

OfflineLurkadian
Stranger
    #4588566 - 08/27/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I just searched for the same question on this site last night...

The answer is that kratom will not show up on a drug test for opiates because the molecules are completely different.

Do a search for like "kratom drug test opiate" and you'll find threads on it

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: Kratom [Re: Lurkadian]
    #4590116 - 08/28/05 04:37 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Rather than take up space with another thread, ill just ask here. Anyone know if Xanax will produce a false-positive for anything? I have searched the net and have found several places that say no or seem to suggest no. Id just like to be more sure before taking these again.

--------------------
-CUBErt

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4590263 - 08/28/05 06:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It won't cause a false positive... It will cause a true positive for benzodiazapines. The NIDA 5 panel doesn't test for benzos, but the ten panel does.

I wouldn't risk it unless you know exactly what you're being quizzed on... and even then, it would be a nasty surprise to have them change up analytes on you.

Better off to leave them be, imho

--------------------
\m/

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: Kratom [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4590706 - 08/28/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Its a home test kit, 5-panel. Amphetamines, Coke, PCP, THC, and Opiates. My dad doesn't want to take me to the Doctor's office where they do a more extensive test, because failing one of those tests could have future repercussions on my insurance and ability to get a job, etc.

--------------------
-CUBErt

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4590903 - 08/28/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

How old are you? Your dad drug tests you wtf?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: Kratom [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4590991 - 08/28/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

18 but still have one more year of high school so I am kinda at the mercy of my parents. Close friend of mine just got caught with heroin and my name was thrown into the mix, so I am under heavy suspicion now.

--------------------
-CUBErt

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4592794 - 08/28/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If its a nida5 home test, you're probably fine with benzos then, but be warned- home tests are just as sensitive as those used by probation officers. Don't go near anything that is actually being tested for.

I purchased an nida5 home test some time ago, for my own amusement, having recently used opiates at one point and wanted to see how quickly they were metabolized by my body. One week previously I had smoked pipe tobacco out of an old glass piece that was once used for mj. It had not has any mj smoked out of it for months (nor had I partaken elsewhere) and had been scraped 'clean' of resin.

Imagine my sup rise, that while the opiates read neg, the THC gave a clear positive. The amount of THC I took in from smoking tobacco out of a relatively clean pipe had to be trace at best (I felt no buzz, other than the nicotine, which was the sole objective.) What surprised me was that while the cutoff for THC metabolites are very low (50ng,) it is commonly assumed that THC is completely metabolized by the body in just a few days from a single use. My exposure wasn't even close to what would be considered 'a single use' and a week later it was still showing. Needless to say, I bought a new pipe on principle.

So, like I said, be very careful in what you're around before testing. Your father is getting his money's worth.

--------------------
\m/

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: Kratom [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4592866 - 08/29/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I am not thinking of going near the things that are actually tested for, except maybe weed later on down the road when this blows over. My parents' main concern is the opiates for the time being. I may buy some on the side and have friends test them out to see how good they actually are. I think online they are no more than 20 dollars, so I'm not sure if they are of the greatest quality. Time will tell tho. Thanks for the info

--------------------
-CUBErt

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #4592981 - 08/29/05 12:22 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Mitragynine and other major kratom alkaloids will not cause a false positive because it is not chemically similar to any of the drugs whose metabolites are tested for on a NIDA5 drug screen.

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: Kratom [Re: neuro]
    #4593434 - 08/29/05 01:29 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Cool, I am going to look into this further. If anyone has any other recommendations for things that wont show up in any way on a 5 panel home test let me know :smile:  (Thanks for all the help so far)

--------------------
-CUBErt

Edited by CUBErt (08/29/05 01:30 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience