Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR.
    #4551121 - 08/18/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone seen this yet? I'm gunna go check it out tonight. I think it's only made the film festival circuits and small theaters, which is where im going.

The film is part mockumentary and part biopic, recounting the rise and fall of celebrated DJ Frankie Wilde (Paul Kaye), the toast of Ibiza, the dance music/rave capital of the world. Frankie is treated like a god by the thousands of ravers who attend his performances. (He first appears sporting a crown of thorns as he flies over the crowd, then crash-lands in a makeshift moat.) He?s a relentless panderer to his audiences, which I suppose must be part of a DJ?s job description, but he?s also clearly addicted to the adulation and power that comes with the position.

Stoned, drunk, or both about 100% of the time, Frankie is Fubar?s Dean without the socializing, salutary influence of Terry. In other words, Frankie is essentially an idiot, fond of hatching dumb schemes (like marketing his own line of hummus) that are inevitably supported by his rather sluttish wife, Sonja (Kate Magowan) and his sweaty, bellowing manager, Max (Mike Wilmot). Basically, his relationships are mutually exploitative: he doles out money, and people put up with his drug-addled behaviour. (He usually greets the day with some sort of excrescence hanging out of an orifice, while his favourite party game appears to be projectile vomiting.) Frankie?s also haunted by a figure identified only as the ?Coke Badger,? a creepy looking, giant stuffed animal with a rotting snout who materializes any time Frankie tries to moderate his cocaine consumption...

It's All Gone Pete Tong

Also I watched CHOPPER last night. Fucking kick ass movie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4551126 - 08/18/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah it was an awesome movie! i definately recommend it...makes you really wonder what's happened to wilde...

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4551788 - 08/18/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It played in London for a bit, but I missed it. My friend went to see it and said it was excellent, I guess I'l have to wait for the DVD.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: Phluck]
    #4551872 - 08/18/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dvd is out

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: boO]
    #4552030 - 08/18/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, alrighty then. I'll have to see it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: Phluck]
    #4552083 - 08/18/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Cool. I'm lookin forward to it tonight.

InvisibleInsatiableThirst
for knowledge.
Female

Loc: In my head but out of my ...
    #4552110 - 08/18/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A few of my friends have been talking about it but I haven't had the chance to see it yet. I hear it's pretty good.

--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Loc: CO
    #4552129 - 08/18/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It was definitely a good movie. For weeks I was convinced Frankie Wilde was a real DJ.

for knowledge.
Female

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: BOBs]
    #4552173 - 08/18/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:what:

--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: BOBs]
    #4552262 - 08/18/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

he is a real dj :wtf:

for knowledge.
Female

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: boO]
    #4552266 - 08/18/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not.

--------------------

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

#4552276 - 08/18/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

He is? I don't think so.

for knowledge.
Female

#4552296 - 08/18/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4552318 - 08/18/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There are many websites set up to try to make you think Frankie Wilde is real. That was the whole point of it all. For one thing, look at all the pictures. They are of the actor Paul Kaye who plays Frankie Wilde in the movie. Even the childhood pictures of Frankie on the net are pictures of Paul Kaye as a child. Some people even renamed mp3s to make it look like they are his music. Notice when you go to buy his albums on his website it's sold out? Try to find any real info or pictures of Frankie.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#4552703 - 08/18/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you're right...

after watching the film i asked my husband..."why is it we've never heard of him before? is he real?" husband: "he must be...it says based on a true story...though i've never heard of him before either"

i went on the net after that to look for info on him..and i stumbled across those pages www.thewildeyears.com and www.frankwilde.com

then now just searched more...seems to be he is fictional

now my question of "how come i haven't heard of him before" have been answered :P

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

#4555118 - 08/19/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent movie for sure. That's weird that is says it's based on a true story, I've never heard of him either though.

I liked the crazy cocaine skunk monster! :lol: Great way to portray the addiction.

Oh and Sheik is the actor playing Frankie. That's right. I'm on to you Sheik. :grin:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4555129 - 08/19/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fubar was kind of like that, there was a definite effort to make it seem real.

If you haven't seen Fubar, check it out, it's an awesome movie.

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4555238 - 08/19/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i wanna see it but i dont know if it will play out in east bumblefuck sticks ville.

I mean i was on set n all but you know how it is. One set today a different set the next. No time to actually sit down n watch the master peace wichis my life ya know. Its tuff being Shiek.

BTW how do i look?

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong. Movie about DJ Frankie Wilde from the director of FUBAR. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4555289 - 08/19/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You're looking splendid Sheiky boy, except when you went on that all out cocaine binge, looked a little rough but you pulled through.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4555296 - 08/19/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

its a ruff life having no sense of smell and a hole in my nose.

Do i look like this guy or what? im interested now. How do i find a picture of this so called Frank?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom